49ers trade for #3 pick

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 49ers trade for #3 pick

Postby Lumps » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:53 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:51 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:44 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51 pm

No, what you’re doing is arrogantly dismissing my opinion based upon what NFL management personal are saying they are feeling about Wilson, and doing it because you know for a fact that the Jets are taking Wilson at 1.02 and therefore any other opinion like mine laughingly has no credibility to you. And the even better part is that you expect no rebuttal when you act like such a dick.
It finally has happened, a blocking of a user is about to occur for me. Your opinions are yours to have, but the ability to accept the fact that you may be wrong without beeing a dick is a skill you need to earn Billy, you are exhausting.
Just going to point out:

1. We do not know for a fact that PHI wanted Wilson.
2. Assuming they did in fact want Wilson, just because the Jets did not take their offer does not mean that Wilson is the QB they're targeting there.

I'm getting the vibe that the Jets want Wilson, too.. but the logic used here is flawed.
They were not in talks with the Jets. They were in talks with the Dolphins. They wanted only Wilson, but that obviously wasn't going to work out. Thus, the 49ers moved into the Dolphins spot. Due to the prior talks the Eagles had with Miami for the 3rd pick, they swung the other trade.

Also, Wilson had his pro day today and the trades happened during it. There is discussion during the clip. Also, the kid made some absurd throws.

https://youtu.be/IjnSvjTKSB0

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Hopefully we can keep this to football and others can have their pissing contest elsewhere or be politely informed by the mods that they can use another service.
I agree with Lumps that the 49ers know what the Jets plans with #2 are, either who they're taking or at least that they won't be trading it, and that they are happy with who will be there are #3. I can see Lance being the pick and redshirting behind Garoppolo for 2021. It takes time to learn Shanahan's system and the Niners think they have a window to be competitive in 2021 with Garoppolo rather than wasting a season if their are rookie growing pains. See 2017 KC Chiefs for the blueprint.
As a Niners fan, I love the move!

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:53 pm
They were not in talks with the Jets. They were in talks with the Dolphins. They wanted only Wilson, but that obviously wasn't going to work out. Thus, the 49ers moved into the Dolphins spot. Due to the prior talks the Eagles had with Miami for the 3rd pick, they swung the other trade.

Also, Wilson had his pro day today and the trades happened during it. There is discussion during the clip. Also, the kid made some absurd throws.

https://youtu.be/IjnSvjTKSB0
Please tell me the bolded isn't based entirely off of some off-season tweet that may or may not be true?

Also, there's a very good chance this trade has been in the works for a while now. It coming out during Wilson's pro day may or may not be related.

I like Wilson, too but this train of thought seems to be led by a whole lot of confirmation bias.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 pm

No, what you’re doing is arrogantly dismissing my opinion based upon what NFL management personal are saying they are feeling about Wilson, and doing it because you know for a fact that the Jets are taking Wilson at 1.02 and therefore any other opinion like mine laughingly has no credibility to you. And the even better part is that you expect no rebuttal when you act like such a dick.
It finally has happened, a blocking of a user is about to occur for me. Your opinions are yours to have, but the ability to accept the fact that you may be wrong without beeing a dick is a skill you need to earn Billy, you are exhausting.
Just going to point out:

2. Assuming they did in fact want Wilson, just because the Jets did not take their offer does not mean that Wilson is the QB they're targeting there.

I'm getting the vibe that the Jets want Wilson, too.. but the logic used here is flawed.
1. There was a Rapproport tweet indicating that

and

2. He pretty much accepted that the Jets are going Wilson at 1.2. His only logic for Wilson being hated by the NFL was lol Jets--whatever they want must be wrong

And 3. The 49ers no doubt offered that package to the Jets and yet no deal. Turns out the Jets know what every NFL media analyst is in denial of: Sam Darnold sucks and the Jets were always going QB this year

Who could have guessed

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 pm 1. There was a Rapproport tweet indicating that

and

2. He pretty much accepted that the Jets are going Wilson at 1.2. His only logic for Wilson being hated by the NFL was lol Jets--whatever they want must be wrong

And 3. The 49ers no doubt offered that package to the Jets and yet no deal. Turns out the Jets know what every NFL media analyst is in denial of: Sam Darnold sucks and the Jets were always going QB this year

Who could have guessed
1. And Schefty's sources have never lied to him before :lol:
2. Not going to speak to that as I think it's very likely Wilson is going to #2 overall; but none of the reasons mentioned above make it any more likely the Jets are sold on Wilson

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:14 pm

Look at the 2nd rollout to the left starting at 24:22. Just....

Edit: 26:37 too

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:53 pmAlso, Wilson had his pro day today and the trades happened during it.
Noticed that too. It was as if a team was on the fence (Jets?) and what they saw confirmed things for them. I've beard/read in more than one place that SF only does this if they have 3 top QBs they'd want. Heard it could be Lawrence, Wilson... and Mac Jones.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:53 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm
Lumps wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:53 pmAlso, Wilson had his pro day today and the trades happened during it.
Noticed that too. It was as if a team was on the fence (Jets?) and what they saw confirmed things for them. I've beard/read in more than one place that SF only does this if they have 3 top QBs they'd want. Heard it could be Lawrence, Wilson... and Mac Jones.
I'm not sure how much of it had to do with it being his pro day - I didn't mean to imply that above, just that the discussion was happening on the broadcast during his pro day ... and not a single person made a statement contradicting Wilson to the Jets.

I could believe that there was discussion while there from the Eagles with Miami and SF with Miami though. Eagles wanted Wilson, Jets are like nah, he's ours. etc. etc. But it's all speculation.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:30 pm

As much as the momentum seems to be locking in Wilson at #2, a few tweets don’t solidify anything. The 49ers may know the Jets intention (relationship + knowing the Jags aren’t moving allows them to speak boldly perhaps), but until the pick is official, the 49ers have to be willing to accept the risk of an option ‘a’ or ‘b’. That can mean any players at ‘a’ and ‘b’, and obviously they can have a preference, but they have to be comfortable with the price paid for either. If not, you can’t put this much at stake.

We can feel confident we know who each team will take is, but let’s not be foolish and think that a few tweets for the whole world to see are 100% true. We should all be wise enough to know that the draft is full of misdirection and unpredictable.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:38 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 am Yes, they are definitely going after Fields or Wilson, in my opinion. I would be incredibly shocked if they take Lance at 3 overall.
You shouldn't be. Lance is 100% deserving to be picked there.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:55 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:30 pm As much as the momentum seems to be locking in Wilson at #2, a few tweets don’t solidify anything. The 49ers may know the Jets intention (relationship + knowing the Jags aren’t moving allows them to speak boldly perhaps), but until the pick is official, the 49ers have to be willing to accept the risk of an option ‘a’ or ‘b’. That can mean any players at ‘a’ and ‘b’, and obviously they can have a preference, but they have to be comfortable with the price paid for either. If not, you can’t put this much at stake.

We can feel confident we know who each team will take is, but let’s not be foolish and think that a few tweets for the whole world to see are 100% true. We should all be wise enough to know that the draft is full of misdirection and unpredictable.
I don't disagree with anything you say here. SF obviously is completely happy with Trevor, Wilson, Fields or Lance. That doesn't change my believe that Trevor and Wilson ae off the board at 1.03.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Just going to point out:

Good point, but we also do not know for a fact that NFL scouts are low on Wilson just bc it’s written in some article, as billy was suggesting. There are tons of sources saying that Wilson is in fact a top 5 pick. This is about the usual time of year where we get tons of misinformation and “leaked reports,” anyways. I also find it funny that this same article has Waddle ranked 1st and Chase/Smith 4th and 5th in their WR rankings, respectively :lol:
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 pm

Why didn’t the Jets trade Darnold before teams like Chicago(Dalton) WFT(Fitzpatrick) signed QBs, if they knew they were going QB at #2? That’s what doesn’t make a lot of sense and yeah they can still trade him but there’s not as many teams that need a QB and they probably won’t get as much in return.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 pm Why didn’t the Jets trade Darnold before teams like Chicago(Dalton) WFT(Fitzpatrick) signed QBs, if they knew they were going QB at #2? That’s what doesn’t make a lot of sense and yeah they can still trade him but there’s not as many teams that need a QB and they probably won’t get as much in return.
Maybe they don't want him because he sucks

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:10 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:03 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:02 pm Why didn’t the Jets trade Darnold before teams like Chicago(Dalton) WFT(Fitzpatrick) signed QBs, if they knew they were going QB at #2? That’s what doesn’t make a lot of sense and yeah they can still trade him but there’s not as many teams that need a QB and they probably won’t get as much in return.
Maybe they don't want him because he sucks
The Jets could’ve gotten something for Darnold and maybe they still will but they should’ve already moved him before some of the QB market dried up.