RIP Vincent Jackson

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: RIP Vincent Jackson

Postby CGW » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:18 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:48 pm These stories about former players untimely ends and the permanent damage they sometimes suffer makes me feel a little guilty.
I've felt that way too. NFL football is my favorite past time, so it's a paradox. The good news is that even if they can't prevent all concussions, awareness of them and CTE is greatly increasing, so they can be ready with diagnosis and help.
They've come a long way just in the past few years not only in the NFL but at younger ages too. In the past 5-10 years our youth sports have developed substantially better concussion protocols, which hopefully will go a long way in reducing the number of concussions but also the severity and lasting effects from repeat brain injuries.

This is a sad and unfortunate incident. He was a pleasure to watch in the NFL and sounds like he did a ton of work for his community. 38 is too soon and definitely a reality check to remind us all how special and valuable the short amount of time we get here really is.