Super Bowl LV Thread

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Super Bowl LV Thread

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Vendetta wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:32 pm Brady’s teams always seem to be on the right side of the officiating in the playoffs.
💯

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Vendetta wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:32 pm Brady’s teams always seem to be on the right side of the officiating in the playoffs.
Focusing on the officiating but let's be real here:

-- Mahomes is hurt so bad that he needs surgery.
-- The Chiefs defense is horrid.
-- The Chiefs offensive line is weak and banged up.
-- The Bucs DEs are incredible today.
-- The Bucs are scoring TDs in the red zone and the Chiefs are settling for field goals.

The officiating was a little off and helped change a little, but I don't know if this Chiefs team could beat the Bucs today.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Brady's teams are usually well disciplined, make few mistakes, and capitalize on the opponents' errors. This is part of why he's the best QB ever.

This "refs favor Brady" conspiracy theory is just sour grapes.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:42 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:21 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:18 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:13 pm Flags ruining this game
KC Defense is ruining the game.
^^^ the only call you could argue that was soft was the Evans one in the end zone right before the AB TD. KC defense is playing incredibly undisciplined and its costing them big time. If they don't level their heads in the 2nd half they're gonna be in trouble
I thought the deep ball DPI call on Breeland vs Evans was incidental contact (feet got tangled, causing him to fall), not to mention the ball potentially uncatchable. That was a big swing too

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Mahomes’ play has bordered on Herculean. This patchwork KC OL is getting dog-walked by TBs edge-rushers. He’s visibly limping, and it seems like every play he manufactures some miraculous escape only for the ball to bounce of his receivers’ hands or face.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 pm

How does Darrel Williams have more touches than Le’Veon Bell?
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:49 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 pm How does Darrel Williams have more touches than Le’Veon Bell?
Is Bell active?

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:50 pm

There’s also been at least 3 shots to Mahomes head and no calls. Not that I really agree with that call most of the time, but ANY touch of Brady’s head is certainly called. But Mahomes is unbelievable, especially that 4th and goal pass where he was almost on the ground.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:40 pm Brady's teams are usually well disciplined, make few mistakes, and capitalize on the opponents' errors. This is part of why he's the best QB ever.

This "refs favor Brady" conspiracy theory is just sour grapes.
Plus Brady connected on 80% of his passes the first half for 3 TD’s

This is a mud stomp by the healthier team with a better game plan and far better defense
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:45 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:42 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:18 pm

KC Defense is ruining the game.
^^^ the only call you could argue that was soft was the Evans one in the end zone right before the AB TD. KC defense is playing incredibly undisciplined and its costing them big time. If they don't level their heads in the 2nd half they're gonna be in trouble
I thought the deep ball DPI call on Breeland vs Evans was incidental contact (feet got tangled, causing him to fall), not to mention the ball potentially uncatchable. That was a big swing too
Maybe im misremembering because im a few drinks in, but im pretty sure the DB dove and hit his legs with his arm which caused Evans to fall. Evans def had a step on him, I don't think they were close enough to get their feet tangled
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:00 pm

Chiefs draft a RB in the first round

Barely run the ball all season

Oddly enough, running the ball is how you can beat a team that's going two deep and doubling the middle of the field. They know you're throwing, so just sit back, don't blitz, and cover.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:02 pm

Imagine if this team had DK Metcalf and JT/Swift instead of Hardman and CEH.

Also imagine if they had a single healthy tackle tonight.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:45 pm

Maybe im misremembering because im a few drinks in, but im pretty sure the DB dove and hit his legs with his arm which caused Evans to fall. Evans def had a step on him, I don't think they were close enough to get their feet tangled
It was tough to see in real time so I understand the call. But Breeland ran into Evan’s foot, then fell and took Evans down while falling (also presumably incidental)

I wanted to make sure I wasn’t spewing nonsense, so I tried to find a video. Here it is slowed down:

https://twitter.com/jeffroswick/status/ ... 57251?s=21

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:17 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 pm

It was tough to see in real time so I understand the call. But Breeland ran into Evan’s foot, then fell and took Evans down while falling (also presumably incidental)

I wanted to make sure I wasn’t spewing nonsense, so I tried to find a video. Here it is slowed down:

gotcha, even still based on that video, it doesn't look like that's what caused Evans to fall, Evans appeared to stay upright until Breeland fell and hit his legs again, that being the case I don't have an issue with the call, incidental or not PI is PI
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:26 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:17 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:04 pm

gotcha, even still based on that video, it doesn't look like that's what caused Evans to fall, Evans appeared to stay upright until Breeland fell and hit his legs again, that being the case I don't have an issue with the call, incidental or not PI is PI
Ball wasn’t catchable regardless.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd