No 2021 NFL Combine

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: No 2021 NFL Combine

Postby abloom » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 am
abloom wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:58 am Wonder if this results in the drop of players with some injuries. Always have heard that the medical exams were critical to the NFL combine.
i think teams are allowed to send a doctor and one athletic trainer.
I'm sure, but seems like it would be a lot more work rather than having everyone in one space. Guess no way to really know. Atleast we won't have to deal with prospects refusing to take part in combine activities and waiting for pro day
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:14 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:56 pm
killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:54 am fastest. rookie. class. EVER!
This is one impact I’m tentatively expecting
might skew some adp stuff, but I know I'll be adding on .15 to every 40 time I see lol
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Yarnith wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:28 pm Pro days contact list will be locals at the team facility. One would assume these people are the same they have been in contact with all season long. Moves the onus of someone contracting covid off the NFL to the schools. I can't imagine them doing it any other way.
I think this is probably the best explanation
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:28 am

Im actually so happy about this, no meaningless talk of 3 cone drills or agility scores on here, sorry stat geeks. Just going by game day footage. No one will be reached on or pushed down because of meaningless underwear olympics stat, any pro day stats we see will be looked at very skeptically. I couldnt be happier. Id keep COVID around for years if the result is we didnt get the NFL combine.... i also enjoyed the Pandemic draft and hope they will do it that way again.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:28 am Im actually so happy about this, no meaningless talk of 3 cone drills or agility scores on here, sorry stat geeks. Just going by game day footage. No one will be reached on or pushed down because of meaningless underwear olympics stat, any pro day stats we see will be looked at very skeptically. I couldnt be happier. Id keep COVID around for years if the result is we didnt get the NFL combine.... i also enjoyed the Pandemic draft and hope they will do it that way again.
You would think if you had all film based approach, you would want the combine so it would push those "meaningless stats" players up and the players you want down to you. Regardless, we're going to have pro days so if anything that will just space out the testing talk and the merits of the numbers

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:28 am Im actually so happy about this, no meaningless talk of 3 cone drills or agility scores on here, sorry stat geeks. Just going by game day footage. No one will be reached on or pushed down because of meaningless underwear olympics stat, any pro day stats we see will be looked at very skeptically. I couldnt be happier. Id keep COVID around for years if the result is we didnt get the NFL combine.... i also enjoyed the Pandemic draft and hope they will do it that way again.
Actually think it will kind of counter intuitive lol. There will be a lot of people that take the pro day numbers as gospel and they'll just use those as their testing measurements. Except now the testing numbers won't be accurate and sensible people won't be able to trust them. I understand some people thinking the combine doesn't matter much, but I can't really understand being excited because there is no combine. I get a lot of information from the combine that isn't stat related.

I got excited about Sanders after seeing the way he moved during drills at the combine, and traded up to get him. CD was already a favorite of mine, but I got really excited when he made that nutty catch and the rolled back up to his feet.

Also despite 40 times being mostly irrelevant, its still good to have accurate numbers. the difference between a 4.48 and a 4.44 is negligible, but if there's a prospect that I like and he runs in the 4.7's, I would like to know that. Film can be deceiving, numbers don't lie though. More information is never a bad thing.

And at the end of the day, Who doesn't want football content in March? at the least, the very fact that the combine happens gets people to start talking about prospects. Plus Rich is always a fun time in the booth. I love when the combine starts up.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:24 pm

I like the combine. It helps show which prospects actually put in the work and were dedicated after the college season. I’m especially interested in the numbers from players who didn’t play a lot or at all this last year. Granted Clarett was out 2 years, even 1 year can have a detrimental effect on physical performance.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:40 am

My whole statement was tongue in cheek. The combine is at least NFL content to let us wet our beaks and it would have been fun as always to have it. My main point is that Combine numbers do get held up too high IMO. They really do not matter and i feel like that add more misses then they do hits TBH. Lots of guys get overdrafted due to the combine.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:04 pm

Regarding these changes, I saw something that the only testing allowed was at pro days and "all-star games". Yep, plural. This tweet says singular- https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status ... 0087686144

Only games I can think of that could qualify are the east-west game and the senior bowl. Both of those games are early in the process (for most fantasy players). While pro days can include athletes from other schools in the area, could we see the league creating other all stars games (maybe regional ones) just for this offseason? Could put the Covid protection onus on the NFL, and shift from NCAA teams, which may not have the resources/practice the NFL does.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:12 am

The bolded probably could have been worded a bit better given what we’ve seen as the outcome of COVID. I’m guessing you really don’t feel that way.

Actually, personally your other thoughts are why I’m unhappy about this. It always seems to work to my benefit when guys climb the draft charts because they turn a hot 40 or drop because of a poor shuttle.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:12 am
The bolded probably could have been worded a bit better given what we’ve seen as the outcome of COVID. I’m guessing you really don’t feel that way.

Actually, personally your other thoughts are why I’m unhappy about this. It always seems to work to my benefit when guys climb the draft charts because they turn a hot 40 or drop because of a poor shuttle.
My whole statement was sarcastic tongue in cheek. Of course i dont want Covid around for years. Except i did enjoy the pandemic draft, i actually loved the way they did that and think they should keep it that way.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:11 pm

Boys it looks like there will be a private workout with over 130 draft eligible prospects hosted by a company called EXOS which is looking to recreate the combine environment.

We are back in baby. No more hand timed 40 guesses
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:32 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:11 pm Boys it looks like there will be a private workout with over 130 draft eligible prospects hosted by a company called EXOS which is looking to recreate the combine environment.

where? hadn't heard this
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:04 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:32 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:11 pm Boys it looks like there will be a private workout with over 130 draft eligible prospects hosted by a company called EXOS which is looking to recreate the combine environment.

where? hadn't heard this
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/308 ... -prospects

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:10 pm

I can’t imagine why top prospects would want to attend that. Maybe the later round guys would to try to make a name for themselves. In any event, anything is better than nothing

Edit: ah, it’s only players training at this particular company