No 2021 NFL Combine

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: No 2021 NFL Combine

Postby honcho55 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:56 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:10 pm I can’t imagine why top prospects would want to attend that. Maybe the later round guys would to try to make a name for themselves. In any event, anything is better than nothing

Edit: ah, it’s only players training at this particular company
Also, any indication that this will be available to Joe Schmo fantasy fan?

I thought I read somewhere too, that the NFL is planning on cranking up the hype and coverage of pro days. Possible tv series. Can’t seem to find it so must have been false rumor
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:22 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:10 pm I can’t imagine why top prospects would want to attend that.
Jamaar Chase and Rondale Moore are both there...
https://twitter.com/BrentCallaway/statu ... 66370?s=20

If you've got something to prove on the athletic testing front, I can't imagine why you -wouldn't- want to be there.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:36 pm

mild wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:22 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:10 pm I can’t imagine why top prospects would want to attend that.
Jamaar Chase and Rondale Moore are both there...
https://twitter.com/BrentCallaway/statu ... 66370?s=20

If you've got something to prove on the athletic testing front, I can't imagine why you -wouldn't- want to be there.
Yeah. Me neither.

And if some of the athletes crush their drills (they will), it's going to look awfully good for that training company. The clear connection that training at their facility leads to sensational scores.

With that said, we may want to take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Yeah, I suppose that is true. The training company isn't going to want to look bad. Still, given that most players will be doing pro days, it doesn't seem advantageous to lock yourself into a more strict setting where the upside for testing in that setting is negligible for the prospects already considered 1st round locks. Rondale Moore is a guy that could be looking at pushing into or solidifying 1st round consideration with a good showing there, so I can see why he would do it.

Or, could just as easily be the other way I guess. If you're confident in your athleticism you'd rather strict testing rather than potentially slow stop watches. Doesn't matter. Just glad it's happening and hope many players show up.