Week 9 Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Re: Week 9 Discussion

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:13 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:05 pm
mild wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:57 pm
MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:10 am Weren't you the guy who just said Jeudy was a total bust?
The funny part is that there is a litany of posts around here confirming my #teamJeudy status since late last year, and there are also plenty of golden receipts of you bashing Nick Chubb and my fine self on this fine forum.

So I dunno, keep doing your thing and claiming victory on "the Arizona Backfield" and your masterful knowledge of it, I know we are all wildly entertained and hanging on every word.
And there are plenty of posts around here of my claiming that Arizona went with an unpredicted scheme and bad run blocking for it's running backs, and that neither Drake or Edmonds would be good plays if the other went down. My post was a shot at the "EdMoNdS iS bEtTeR" people.

As far as my offseason take, I'll double down on it right now. Drake had finished the 2019 season on fire and had been rewarded with 8.5 million guaranteed. Even if for only 1 year, that's a lot of money and it was reasonable to expect them to throw him the ball and use him in motion like they ended 2019. Kliff did a complete 180 with the running backs. It is what it is.

At no point did I ever say Drake is a better talent than Chubb. My evaluation was based on their roles and offenses in the pre season. What you said is a blatant lie.

Edit: Anyway, this is ridiculous. It's pretty sad that you need to double down on a lie and hold a grudge from months ago. I'm done with this conversation.
Nobody said that you said that Drake was a better talent..... :think:

What you DID SAY was that you’ll take Drake over Chubb..... and that’s what someone said that you said.... :eh:

Just because you cover your own eyes doesn’t mean we can’t see you :wave: :lol:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

jordanzs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:24 pm

I notice a pattern in my leagues......all important outcomes for week 9 have been decided before the Pats-Jets game kicked off.

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:28 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:24 pm I notice a pattern in my leagues......all important outcomes for week 9 have been decided before the Pats-Jets game kicked off.
Now you can just sit back all eyes on Mims

jordanzs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:42 pm

TD41 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:28 pm
jordanzs wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:24 pm I notice a pattern in my leagues......all important outcomes for week 9 have been decided before the Pats-Jets game kicked off.
True story:

In my primary league, I wanted Mims in the draft.

Since I already had Mahomes, I offered Russell Wilson & 2.9 for Daniel Jones & 2.1. The owner declined & took Keshawn Vaughn.

I took Gibson at 2.9

#BulletsDodged

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:46 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:42 pm
TD41 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:28 pm
True story:

In my primary league, I wanted Mims in the draft.

Since I already had Mahomes, I offered Russell Wilson & 2.9 for Daniel Jones & 2.1. The owner declined & took Keshawn Vaughn.

I took Gibson at 2.9

#BulletsDodged
The amount of bullets I dodge solely due to my trade partner wanting too much.. whew. :crazy:
Last edited by Sriracha on Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:48 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:13 pm
MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:05 pm
mild wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:57 pm

The funny part is that there is a litany of posts around here confirming my #teamJeudy status since late last year, and there are also plenty of golden receipts of you bashing Nick Chubb and my fine self on this fine forum.

So I dunno, keep doing your thing and claiming victory on "the Arizona Backfield" and your masterful knowledge of it, I know we are all wildly entertained and hanging on every word.
And there are plenty of posts around here of my claiming that Arizona went with an unpredicted scheme and bad run blocking for it's running backs, and that neither Drake or Edmonds would be good plays if the other went down. My post was a shot at the "EdMoNdS iS bEtTeR" people.

As far as my offseason take, I'll double down on it right now. Drake had finished the 2019 season on fire and had been rewarded with 8.5 million guaranteed. Even if for only 1 year, that's a lot of money and it was reasonable to expect them to throw him the ball and use him in motion like they ended 2019. Kliff did a complete 180 with the running backs. It is what it is.

At no point did I ever say Drake is a better talent than Chubb. My evaluation was based on their roles and offenses in the pre season. What you said is a blatant lie.

Edit: Anyway, this is ridiculous. It's pretty sad that you need to double down on a lie and hold a grudge from months ago. I'm done with this conversation.
Nobody said that you said that Drake was a better talent..... :think:

What you DID SAY was that you’ll take Drake over Chubb..... and that’s what someone said that you said.... :eh:

Just because you cover your own eyes doesn’t mean we can’t see you :wave: :lol:

This is just a completely blatant lie based off a grudge from months ago.
mild wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:27 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:22 pm Hate to say I was right (late) about that Arizona backfield. I wish the problem was as simple as Edmonds > Drake, but it's clearly not.
Weren't you the guy touting Kenyan Drake over Nick Chubb as a talent back in Week 2?
What kind of person posts such a blatant lie over a grudge from months ago, then changes what they said (when it's right there in text) and doubles down like that's what they were saying all along?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:51 pm

This is weird. Clearly the Arizona RB to own is Murray. Not sure why there's so much debate about Edmonds

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:52 pm

Hey I own a pick of a bottom team and I'm watching some of those matchups closely. Go Damien Harris and Jacoby Meyers lol

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:51 pm This is weird. Clearly the Arizona RB to own is Murray. Not sure why there's so much debate about Edmonds
There is no debate. That's what I've been saying since early in the season. This dude has a grudge from months ago and is blatantly making up statements about it. Pathetic. It was months ago. Get over it.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:56 pm

Its weird hearing announcers credit the Cardinals rushing attack when it really is just Murray 😂
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:56 pm

Relax boys, Drake fooled a lot of very smart people.

Edmonds is the guy, though. This reminds me of people claiming Ekeler wasn't a good runner because he bombed the week he played the Titans. It was dumb logic then based off box score scouts, and it's dumb logic now. Edmonds was very impressive despite his ypc total last week. I imagine he outperformed the expected yards gained for those runs.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:00 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:56 pm Relax boys, Drake fooled a lot of very smart people.

Edmonds is the guy, though. This reminds me of people claiming Ekeler wasn't a good runner because he bombed the week he played the Titans. It was dumb logic then based off box score scouts, and it's dumb logic now. Edmonds was very impressive despite his ypc total last week. I imagine he outperformed the expected yards gained for those runs.
The problem is that the Cardinals offense fooled a lot of smart people. Take away what looked like guaranteed passing volume/goal line opportunities and nobody would have been touching them where they stood.

If you are holding your breath that Edmonds can produce low rb1 numbers in this offense I will gladly sell him at that price. The Cardinals are all in on Kyler and the air raid, and the run blocking is terrible. As I've been saying over and over and over again.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TD41
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TD41 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:00 pm

Yeeees... Please Joe shake the Lawrence sweepstakes up baby!

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:02 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:56 pm Draft Josh Jacobs top 3

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Please don't let the jets figure out a way to let the patriots get Lawrence...
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th