Week 9 Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
jordanzs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Week 9 Discussion

Postby jordanzs » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:14 pm

TD41 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:06 pm
jordanzs wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:31 pm Antonio Brown looks like he'll be the Bucs WR1 as long as he's actually playing.
Spoken like someone who wants to trade AB for a spicy morsel.
Actually I traded AB/Higbee for Hockensen earlier this week. So I'm out on shares. I don't have any shares of Evans, and I've got 1 share of Godwin, but his services haven't been needed for my team.

And just call it a hunch. :wink:

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:29 pm

PPE82 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:36 pm Tua was fantastic today. Super accurate and great plays on the ground too.
You love to see it after last week's performance

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:33 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:24 pm Lol on the Evans Lattimore match. Great game this week, though it could go off the rails. I want to be convinced that NO can make it competitive, but that defense will have tons of problems against that quartet of WRs. Nevermind Brees and his arm against that Tampa defense.

Sea/Buf, Bal/Ind up there too, with Mia/Ari as a sleeper. Miami's defense allows the fewest PPG.
Wow. Well, I was kinda right- this wasn't competitive. Too bad Brady didn't pull his weight. I barely won a matchup despite Brady's virtual no-show. And to think NO was the betting favorite. To paraphrase one of the announcers, We don't know squat.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:00 pm

For the few of us that watched the game until the end - best part may have been the announcers as soon as Winston made an appearance:

"Winston coming in always makes for some excitement. Somebody will catch his passes - you just never know which team." Just brutal haha.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:13 pm

/\/\ lol that's awesome
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:59 pm

Pretty sure AB was wide open on that deep ball Brady threw to Gronk instead.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 am

mild wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:27 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:22 pm Hate to say I was right (late) about that Arizona backfield. I wish the problem was as simple as Edmonds > Drake, but it's clearly not.
Weren't you the guy touting Kenyan Drake over Nick Chubb as a talent back in Week 2?
Not me. I never said that.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:57 am

joeya2001 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:33 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:22 pm Hate to say I was right (late) about that Arizona backfield. I wish the problem was as simple as Edmonds > Drake, but it's clearly not.
Weren't you the guy touting Kenyan Drake over Nick Chubb as a talent back in Week 2?
Ouch
Ouch what? Fake news. Blatant lie.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:10 am

mild wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:53 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:50 pm Did anyone watch Jeudy today? I know his stat line was great, but how did he look? I'm very, very high on him so wish I had seen him play this week
I thought he looked the best he's looked all season thus far... moving around at pace, and clowned his defender pretty nice on the TD too (sold a go route with his hand up then dead-stopped in good sync with Lock, defender was left running)

Of course, a tiny grain of salt: Playing against the Atlanta secondary is really only one rung up from playing against air...
Weren't you the guy who just said Jeudy was a total bust?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:38 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:10 am
mild wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:53 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:50 pm Did anyone watch Jeudy today? I know his stat line was great, but how did he look? I'm very, very high on him so wish I had seen him play this week
I thought he looked the best he's looked all season thus far... moving around at pace, and clowned his defender pretty nice on the TD too (sold a go route with his hand up then dead-stopped in good sync with Lock, defender was left running)

Of course, a tiny grain of salt: Playing against the Atlanta secondary is really only one rung up from playing against air...
Weren't you the guy who just said Jeudy was a total bust?
Bit hyperbolic this morning huh? Take a chill pill

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:49 am

jordanzs wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:31 pm Antonio Brown looks like he'll be the Bucs WR1 as long as he's actually playing.
I definitely didn't get that from last night's game. All of the top WR got similar targets, despite Godwin having a broken finger and Evans being doubled and blanketed by Lattimore most of the game. AB looked fine and will be involved until early December, but that game really didn't tell us anything other than Brady likes to spread the ball around (and can't beat brees).
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:51 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:57 am

Ouch
Is it? :think:
MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:39 pm
mild wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm
MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 am Ouch. Glad I'm not a Chubb owner. Though he was a screaming sell to me after that 2019 2nd half. Great player, bad situation. Morale of the story: never trust the Browns.

Wouldn't want to be like @mild and hold a guy like Chubb too long and take a hit :lol:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Nick Chubb: top 10 running back this year. Outperforms Kenyan Drake. Book it.
You went on like you took a team of middling young players to a championship. But you have Mahomes, Lamar, and Saquon in superflex. You have 3 of the top 4 players in your league. They could carry a roster full of corpses to a title in a league like that. And you ignored Chubbs red flags and missed his sell window and preach like you're the master at selling high. What a joke

I just checked ECR and Drake/Chubb are at a dead even split, 50/50. I checked a dynasty crowd sourcing site and Chubb is plunging, So its a lot closer than you think. I'm taking the guy trending up who is a lock to catch 50+ balls over the guy trending down who wont be used in the pass game and in a worse offense.

Chubb has been a screaming sell high since he ended 2020 on such a bad note. You're kidding yourself if you think this resigning didnt tank his value.
Dats you right? :eh:
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:38 am Bit hyperbolic this morning huh? Take a chill pill

Nooooo don’t discourage him. Its entertaining!!!!
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:40 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:51 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:57 am

Ouch
Is it? :think:
MFundercover wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:39 pm
mild wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Nick Chubb: top 10 running back this year. Outperforms Kenyan Drake. Book it.
You went on like you took a team of middling young players to a championship. But you have Mahomes, Lamar, and Saquon in superflex. You have 3 of the top 4 players in your league. They could carry a roster full of corpses to a title in a league like that. And you ignored Chubbs red flags and missed his sell window and preach like you're the master at selling high. What a joke

I just checked ECR and Drake/Chubb are at a dead even split, 50/50. I checked a dynasty crowd sourcing site and Chubb is plunging, So its a lot closer than you think. I'm taking the guy trending up who is a lock to catch 50+ balls over the guy trending down who wont be used in the pass game and in a worse offense.

Chubb has been a screaming sell high since he ended 2020 on such a bad note. You're kidding yourself if you think this resigning didnt tank his value.
Dats you right? :eh:
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:38 am Bit hyperbolic this morning huh? Take a chill pill

Nooooo don’t discourage him. Its entertaining!!!!

That was preseason, not "week 2". And at no point did I say Drake was a better talent. In fact I made it clear that Chubb is a better talent in a another post.

Admittedly the Cardinals have been using the backfield much different that I anticipated, which I have been saying since week 2.

STOP THE FRAUD

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:57 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:10 am Weren't you the guy who just said Jeudy was a total bust?
The funny part is that there is a litany of posts around here confirming my #teamJeudy status since late last year, and there are also plenty of golden receipts of you bashing Nick Chubb and my fine self on this fine forum.

So I dunno, keep doing your thing and claiming victory on "the Arizona Backfield" and your masterful knowledge of it, I know we are all wildly entertained and hanging on every word.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:05 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:57 pm
MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:10 am Weren't you the guy who just said Jeudy was a total bust?
The funny part is that there is a litany of posts around here confirming my #teamJeudy status since late last year, and there are also plenty of golden receipts of you bashing Nick Chubb and my fine self on this fine forum.

So I dunno, keep doing your thing and claiming victory on "the Arizona Backfield" and your masterful knowledge of it, I know we are all wildly entertained and hanging on every word.
And there are plenty of posts around here of my claiming that Arizona went with an unpredicted scheme and bad run blocking for it's running backs, and that neither Drake or Edmonds would be good plays if the other went down. My post was a shot at the "EdMoNdS iS bEtTeR" people.

As far as my offseason take, I'll double down on it right now. Drake had finished the 2019 season on fire and had been rewarded with 8.5 million guaranteed. Even if for only 1 year, that's a lot of money and it was reasonable to expect them to throw him the ball and use him in motion like they ended 2019. Kliff did a complete 180 with the running backs. It is what it is.

At no point did I ever say Drake is a better talent than Chubb. My evaluation was based on their roles and offenses in the pre season. What you said is a blatant lie.

Edit: Anyway, this is ridiculous. It's pretty sad that you need to double down on a lie and hold a grudge from months ago. I'm done with this conversation.