Week 8

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 8

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:59 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:50 am
My BallZach Ertz wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:40 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:44 pm Drew Lock turning in another quality performance
In all honesty...he really didn't play bad. Led the team to a win over Herbert.
Me thinks you just caught him posting a victory lap at half time. :ewink:

Lock turned things around in the 4th.. or the Chargers wanted to break the record for consecutive 3 score leads blown :lol:
No way to deny that the clock is ticking on Lock. He had one quarter of quality against a D team that has shown on a historic level that they do not have any ability to close games. I’d still be highly cautious as an owner. I’d get out with this comeback if I could (in SF, as 1QB is irrelevant anyway). I just don’t see it and think you can get out and reinvest elsewhere more safely.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:48 am

Did anybody watch the LAC game that could explain why Pope got so much run? Did JJackson get banged up? I’m assuming Kelley played like a slug.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:53 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:48 am Did anybody watch the LAC game that could explain why Pope got so much run? Did JJackson get banged up? I’m assuming Kelley played like a slug.
I watched a lot of it. I don't think any of the RBs were hurt. Pope just got the job done.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:43 am

dark_knite03 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:43 am Anyone watch the Denver game? Curious about Juedy only catching 4 of 10. Any drops or just poorly thrown uncatchable balls?
I didn't see the whole thing but didn't see any drops in the time I watched and can't find any drops mentioned anywhere. Probably just Lock being inaccurate and/or forcing balls into coverage.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:49 am

hoos89 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:43 am
dark_knite03 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:43 am Anyone watch the Denver game? Curious about Juedy only catching 4 of 10. Any drops or just poorly thrown uncatchable balls?
I didn't see the whole thing but didn't see any drops in the time I watched and can't find any drops mentioned anywhere. Probably just Lock being inaccurate and/or forcing balls into coverage.
That's what I saw too. Lock was throwing into coverage or just inaccurate.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 am

What does San Fran do at QB?

They will win too many games to draft a rookie high. Roll with Jimmy, despite him not being able to stay healthy or being good when he is healthy?
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 am

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 am What does San Fran do at QB?

They will win too many games to draft a rookie high. Roll with Jimmy, despite him not being able to stay healthy or being good when he is healthy?
They're the same as the Vikings. Not bad enough to get an elite rookie, but not good enough to win a title with an average QB. I really hope both teams make an aggressive move to get a high rookie pick to get a QB. I don't think Jimmy G is very good, I think Cousins is a little better, but neither will elevate his team.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:48 am

FiremanEd wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:59 am
My BallZach Ertz wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:40 pm

In all honesty...he really didn't play bad. Led the team to a win over Herbert.

Lock turned things around in the 4th.. or the Chargers wanted to break the record for consecutive 3 score leads blown :lol:
No way to deny that the clock is ticking on Lock. He had one quarter of quality against a D team that has shown on a historic level that they do not have any ability to close games. I’d still be highly cautious as an owner. I’d get out with this comeback if I could (in SF, as 1QB is irrelevant anyway). I just don’t see it and think you can get out and reinvest elsewhere more safely.
Sure, it's possible he's not the guy. And I agree you'd have to be cautious with him at this point.

It's also possible that the youngest starting offense in the NFL turns things around after a weird off-season, new offense, 3 starting QBs, Lock playing through a gimpy shoulder, and a musical chair of O-lineman.

No one is going to trade much for him at this points so you've just go to hold and hope he shows out to finish the season.

Watching the game, the deep ball isn't there and he's struggling to throw on the run (deep ball issues were present as a rookie, but it's fair to wonder if the shoulder injury is affecting his ability to throw off-balance -- which has been a strength of his dating back to college). After Bosa left the game and he was able to step into his throws he looked highly accurate in the short to intermediate areas of the field.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:19 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:48 am

Sure, it's possible he's not the guy. And I agree you'd have to be cautious with him at this point.

It's also possible that the youngest starting offense in the NFL turns things around after a weird off-season, new offense, 3 starting QBs, Lock playing through a gimpy shoulder, and a musical chair of O-lineman.

No one is going to trade much for him at this points so you've just go to hold and hope he shows out to finish the season.

Watching the game, the deep ball isn't there and he's struggling to throw on the run (deep ball issues were present as a rookie, but it's fair to wonder if the shoulder injury is affecting his ability to throw off-balance -- which has been a strength of his dating back to college). After Bosa left the game and he was able to step into his throws he looked highly accurate in the short to intermediate areas of the field.
I heard an interesting take on KC Sports radio; obviously talk about the Broncos and a divisional rival, but also Lock is a Mizzou alum that a lot of KC folks feel fondly of.

Anyway the thought process was that if Denver ends up in a position to draft a QB highly, which now they might not with this past win, that they should take a top QB even if they think Lock has potential to reset the clock and try to strike gold on an elite highend talent. I.e. Lock has to really elevate his game and might not be afforded an extended opportunity even if he shows some promise if the team is in the basement at year's end.

However at this point they're looking at needing to trade up to get one of the top 3 Qbs. If they win 2 more games I'd predict the Broncos don't hit the reset button at QB and attribute 2020 to a rebuilding year with a young team.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:49 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:19 am
Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:48 am

I heard an interesting take on KC Sports radio; obviously talk about the Broncos and a divisional rival, but also Lock is a Mizzou alum that a lot of KC folks feel fondly of.

Anyway the thought process was that if Denver ends up in a position to draft a QB highly, which now they might not with this past win, that they should take a top QB even if they think Lock has potential to reset the clock and try to strike gold on an elite highend talent. I.e. Lock has to really elevate his game and might not be afforded an extended opportunity even if he shows some promise if the team is in the basement at year's end.

However at this point they're looking at needing to trade up to get one of the top 3 Qbs. If they win 2 more games I'd predict the Broncos don't hit the reset button at QB and attribute 2020 to a rebuilding year with a young team.
If Lock doesn't stink up the joint, I don't think you have to worry about the team drafting a top end QB: the defense is too good. Up to this point, QB play has largely been the reason this team is sitting below .500. They're also one Jerry Jeudy drop vs TEN from being 4-3 right now, while starting Driskel and Rypien for essentially 3 games.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:48 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:10 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:45 am I think the Packers are trending in the direction of letting Jones walk to a big pay day and resigning Jamaal to a less expensive deal. Rodgers and Lafleur love him, and I Dillon doesnt project as a receiving back. Jamaal could have this same role hes had the past 2 weeks going in to 2021. I think hes a great buy low right now. Go get him.
You may be right, but why do you feel this way? Jones has been hurt
I think somebody will offer Jones more than GB can or is willing to pay him. Jamaal will come cheaper and they will figure him and Dillon are a good enough backfield for what they want to do. This would shoot Jamaal up to a high RB2 status.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:06 pm

Ahh I remember the days when I was being told to leave the forum because I said SF needed an upgrade at QB. That was of course while they were headed to the Super Bowl, but imo it didn’t take a genius to see Jimmy wasn’t more than a product of a well oiled machine.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:16 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:48 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:10 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:45 am I think the Packers are trending in the direction of letting Jones walk to a big pay day and resigning Jamaal to a less expensive deal. Rodgers and Lafleur love him, and I Dillon doesnt project as a receiving back. Jamaal could have this same role hes had the past 2 weeks going in to 2021. I think hes a great buy low right now. Go get him.
You may be right, but why do you feel this way? Jones has been hurt
I think somebody will offer Jones more than GB can or is willing to pay him. Jamaal will come cheaper and they will figure him and Dillon are a good enough backfield for what they want to do. This would shoot Jamaal up to a high RB2 status.
I don't know if J Williams is the answer but your prognostication on Jones seems reasonable. I've seen several pundits point to the Packers unwillingness to extend second contracts to RBs in the past. It's a reasonable move given the recent history of 2nd contract RBs.

But the injury absence doesn't lead me to believe this is any more or less likely. That is unless they believe the current injury is potentially chronic, which I've seen no indication of.

Williams has really shown up this year in ways he hasn't in the past. It would be nice to see him get a heavily used passing game role going forward.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:29 pm

47.26 points vs Evans, Fournette, and Engram...not sure how to feel
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:31 pm

hoos89 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:29 pm 47.26 points vs Evans, Fournette, and Engram...not sure how to feel
I'd be feeling highly optimistic. :thumbup: