Best QB stash for NFL teams

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Best QB stash for NFL teams

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 am

Some young QBs have looked bad the last few years and have even lost their starting spot. With teams like Pittsburgh nearing the end with their cornerstone QB, how would you rank these young QBs? Any you would add to this list?

Trubisky
Darnold
Haskins
Daniel Jones
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Best QB stash for NFL teams

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:43 pm

Trubisky - Headed to backup role somewhere but thats it for him I think. Trade him while you can, but I dont see you getting anything for him at this stage and it might be worth holding him to see if someone takes a chance on him next year at another team.

Darnold - I dont think anyone can blame him for NYJ's issues at all. In saying that I would not be surprised to see him relegated to backup duties or traded once Gase is fired and a new coach comes in targeting Lawrence or another rookie. If they dont draft anyone next year he is the guy.

Haskins - I suspect he gets traded and benched behind a more experienced QB. He is done in Washington I think, and I fully expect them to draft a QB.

Daniel Jones - Nightmare schedule and the team is a mess, I would not read too much into it. If anything he might be a buy low right now.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:54 pm

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:43 pm Trubisky - Headed to backup role somewhere but thats it for him I think. Trade him while you can, but I dont see you getting anything for him at this stage and it might be worth holding him to see if someone takes a chance on him next year at another team.

Darnold - I dont think anyone can blame him for NYJ's issues at all. In saying that I would not be surprised to see him relegated to backup duties or traded once Gase is fired and a new coach comes in targeting Lawrence or another rookie. If they dont draft anyone next year he is the guy.

Haskins - I suspect he gets traded and benched behind a more experienced QB. He is done in Washington I think, and I fully expect them to draft a QB.

Daniel Jones - Nightmare schedule and the team is a mess, I would not read too much into it. If anything he might be a buy low right now.
From an NFL perspective, do you think Trubisky or Haskins are salvageable?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

db93
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby db93 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:19 pm

Trubisky was too inconsistent, and it never helped that the offensive line deteriorated after his first year. The thing that will overhang is that hindsight is 20/20 but Mahomes was drafted after Trubisky.

Darnold needs Gase out - then he has better value

Haskins needs to be refined and think another team will give him a better opportunity.

Danny dimes = Trubisky 2.0

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:28 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 am Some young QBs have looked bad the last few years and have even lost their starting spot. With teams like Pittsburgh nearing the end with their cornerstone QB, how would you rank these young QBs? Any you would add to this list?

Trubisky
Darnold
Haskins
Daniel Jones
Trubisky is a weird case, as looking at his numbers you wouldn't think he's that bad. 25-18 as a starter, 63% completion, 54 TDs to 32 INTs. Reads pretty much exactly like Cutler's tenure in Chicago weirdly. That said, I think he's done as a starter. 40+ games is enough to establish what he is and isn't. I can see him getting a chance to be a top backup or veteran bridge guy for a rookie but that's it.

Darnold I think still has a good amount of promise and could become a low to mid end starter but, if he gets any choice in the matter, needs to be very careful in choosing his next destination. You generally don't get three chances. He needs a Goff-McVay kind of situation but can still be something. If the Eagles hadn't drafted a guy, I'd have said that was an ideal spot for him. I don't think Pittsburgh is necessarily the best spot as they haven't shown any ability to help develop QBs. I know the likes of Landry Jones, Joshua Dobbs and Mason Rudolph aren't top tier guys to work with but it doesn't seem like they've managed to develop anyone to be truly serviceable.

Haskins needs to go to a strong QB room and sit for a while. 14 starts in college and now 11 in the pros is not a great deal of playing time so would benefit from sitting, getting to really know an offense and potentially starting down the road. I don't like his chances to turn into anything at this stage but I think that there is still a small glimmer of hope.

Jones can still be a low end starter but really needs to deal with the turnover issues. I think if the Giants have a top 2-3 pick next year then they'll look to move on if Jones continues to play as he is but it's possible he turns it around.

In terms of potential to be a starter in 2-3 years time, I think the order is:
1. Darnold
2. Jones
3. Haskins
4. Trubisky

I do also think Drew Lock needs to watch himself if he doesn't want to join this kind of conversation over the next 12 months too.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris