Week 5 Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Week 5 Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:29 am

Haskins benched, relegated to QB3. Looks like his time in Washington is soon coming to an end.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week 5 Discussion

Postby McCafsteez » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 am

Very concerned about multiple games not being played this week.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:48 am

McCafsteez wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 am Very concerned about multiple games not being played this week.
Yep. Titans for sure. Raiders and Chiefs, too. Patriots Broncos. Could be 3 as of now.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:54 am

NFL should really consider just shuttting down for a week
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:29 am Haskins benched, relegated to QB3. Looks like his time in Washington is soon coming to an end.
Gotta say, I'm proud of Washington here. They cut bait a lot sooner than most teams would, and I think they're smart for it.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:04 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:29 am Haskins benched, relegated to QB3. Looks like his time in Washington is soon coming to an end.
This is short-sighted. Haskins has not been good, but:
1. Kyle Allen is not the future. This might make sense if he was a promising unknown, but he’s not.
2. Washington is not a contender. This season does not end in a Super Bowl run with Haskins, Kyle Allen, Josh Allen, Marcus Allen, Allen Iverson, etc.
3. Continuing to evaluate Haskins is worthwhile. He’s played 13 career games, and has had one of the worst, if not the worst, supporting casts of anybody in football, including an awful line.
4. Rivera clearly has job security. There’s no reason to strive for 6-10 right now. See what you have in Haskins, and if he pans out, great! You have a cost controlled QB. If he’s bad, great! You’re in a prime position to draft a replacement.

The absolute worst case scenario right now is that they ruin Haskins and manage to kill his trade value, and play themselves out of Justin Fields territory; then they trade up, giving up more draft capital, so that they can put Fields in an awful situation, ruining his career.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 am

No surprise here that positive tests are coming up, it was definitely going to happen. I think there will be several “extra” MNF games this season and probably some Tuesday night games too, not saying it’s fair to those teams but other than canceling those teams games completely, there’s not much else they can do. Speaking of which, what in the world are the Titans players doing down there? As of this past Saturday, the NFL only had 14 positive cases and 10 were the Titans players, so as serious as this is in general, it’s basically just been one team so far and now we see a couple of Patriots players (Cam, Gilmore) but I’ll be surprised if the Titans aren’t fined for breaking some of the COVID-19 protocols, I know the NFL is investigating them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:08 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 am No surprise here that positive tests are coming up, it was definitely going to happen. I think there will be several “extra” MNF games this season and probably some Tuesday night games too, not saying it’s fair to those teams but other than canceling those teams games completely, there’s not much else they can do. Speaking of which, what in the world are the Titans players doing down there? As of this past Saturday, the NFL only had 14 positive cases and 10 were the Titans players, so as serious as this is in general, it’s basically just been one team so far and now we see a couple of Patriots players (Cam, Gilmore) but I’ll be surprised if the Titans aren’t fined for breaking some of the COVID-19 protocols, I know the NFL is investigating them.
Bills play next Thursday, so they won't be pushed back, unless they change next week, too.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 am No surprise here that positive tests are coming up, it was definitely going to happen. I think there will be several “extra” MNF games this season and probably some Tuesday night games too, not saying it’s fair to those teams but other than canceling those teams games completely, there’s not much else they can do. Speaking of which, what in the world are the Titans players doing down there? As of this past Saturday, the NFL only had 14 positive cases and 10 were the Titans players, so as serious as this is in general, it’s basically just been one team so far and now we see a couple of Patriots players (Cam, Gilmore) but I’ll be surprised if the Titans aren’t fined for breaking some of the COVID-19 protocols, I know the NFL is investigating them.
That's a good question. And I'll be watching to see if the NFL takes draft picks or cap space from the Raiders as Gruden doesn't seem to understand the importance of wearing a mask.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 am

McCafsteez wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 am Very concerned about multiple games not being played this week.
I'm getting increasingly concerned that we won't have a full season

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:04 am
This is short-sighted. Haskins has not been good, but:
1. Kyle Allen is not the future. This might make sense if he was a promising unknown, but he’s not.
2. Washington is not a contender. This season does not end in a Super Bowl run with Haskins, Kyle Allen, Josh Allen, Marcus Allen, Allen Iverson, etc.
3. Continuing to evaluate Haskins is worthwhile. He’s played 13 career games, and has had one of the worst, if not the worst, supporting casts of anybody in football, including an awful line.
4. Rivera clearly has job security. There’s no reason to strive for 6-10 right now. See what you have in Haskins, and if he pans out, great! You have a cost controlled QB. If he’s bad, great! You’re in a prime position to draft a replacement.

The absolute worst case scenario right now is that they ruin Haskins and manage to kill his trade value, and play themselves out of Justin Fields territory; then they trade up, giving up more draft capital, so that they can put Fields in an awful situation, ruining his career.
I really don't think Haskins had any trade value. Not much. He ruined that on his own. I think the decision on Haskins has clearly been made. Not sure what they do with him, he may be a backup next year, but that's not a good situation for anyone, if it's on the Redskins. Haskins is clearly not a starting caliber QB, but maybe he will find his feet as a quality backup. The Redskins regime clearly doesn't have interest in developing him, and he's such a project, I can't think anyone else will, as a starter at least. Sitting on a bench for few years and waiting for an opportunity looks to be his likely outcome, at this point.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 am
Gotta say, I'm proud of Washington here. They cut bait a lot sooner than most teams would, and I think they're smart for it.
What? They should have cut bait already and drafted Tua.

And to those saying Kyle Allen isn't the answer. You don't know that. Kirk Cousins had a rocky start to his career getting benched multiple times and is now a franchise qb.

As for the NFL, playing the NE game after Cam tested positive late in the week was really, REALLY stupid. If they keep doing stuff like that then yes the season is in jeopardy. If they play is safe, the season will take longer but it WILL get done.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 am
That's a good question. And I'll be watching to see if the NFL takes draft picks or cap space from the Raiders as Gruden doesn't seem to understand the importance of wearing a mask.
Yeah, I saw that. Plus, all of the players at the fundraiser not wearing masks, which they were already fined but how hard is it to wear a mask? Seriously.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:27 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 am
I agree. Most teams are too slow to give up on their QBs, and Washington was no different. They're benching him sooner than most in the NFL would, though, not that that is a major accomplishment.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:28 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 am

And to those saying Kyle Allen isn't the answer. You don't know that. Kirk Cousins had a rocky start to his career getting benched multiple times and is now a franchise qb.

As for the NFL, playing the NE game after Cam tested positive late in the week was really, REALLY stupid. If they keep doing stuff like that then yes the season is in jeopardy. If they play is safe, the season will take longer but it WILL get done.
So they should have cut bait on Haskins (agreed), but Kyle Allen could be the next Cousins? By that logic, Haskins could be something still. Rosen too.

Agree on the NFL season though. What if Gilmore had it before the game and didn't test positive until after? The NFL is greedy and it's going to bite them