Week 5 Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Week 5 Discussion

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am

All it takes is one team to let up a little too much because of a big lead... and then lose at the last second. That'll teach 'em. It sucks but it's the truth. Run it up man, it's the pros, play all 60 minutes, stop 'em D.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:02 am

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am All it takes is one team to let up a little too much because of a big lead... and then lose at the last second. That'll teach 'em. It sucks but it's the truth. Run it up man, it's the pros, play all 60 minutes, stop 'em D.
Atlanta in the superbowl and and about 3 or 4 times already this year

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:55 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:02 am
DLF3000 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 am All it takes is one team to let up a little too much because of a big lead... and then lose at the last second. That'll teach 'em. It sucks but it's the truth. Run it up man, it's the pros, play all 60 minutes, stop 'em D.
Atlanta in the superbowl and and about 3 or 4 times already this year
Exactly - still can't believe ATL screwed up that SB win so epically vs. my Pats, what a stunner.

But I guess if you're going to get epically destroyed, it's not a shocker it was vs. the Pats of the past 20 years. Silver lining, ATL fans? :problem: Eh, I'm sure you guys felt as horrible as I did after the Tyree catch and the suddenly im-perfect season. Totally over it! lol
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:20 am ... and Vrabel choosing to run up the score tonight, I am now cheering against the Titans in neutral games. Still like AJB, but not a fan of that organization.
I'll go one further - I agree with everyone else here, you play for 60 minutes - if you don't like it, go stop them.

And more than that - players are literally paid and judged on stats. MVP, Rookie of the Year, that new extension you've waited 4 years and played your @ss off for - if you're not comparable to the other top-tier players in the league from a stats point of view, then the negotiators will use that against you. It's a cold business.

Does it matter where those stats come from? Reader, it does not. Therefore, it is your god-given duty to run up the score on sh1tty teams. That's just good business.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:57 pm

Yeah I don't really understand why people get so upset about this in top level professional sports. Those are grown men out there getting made large sums of money...if they can't keep a team from running the score up on them then what are they getting paid so much for? I can definitely see the argument in amateur leagues (especially high school and younger or in a major mismatch in college), but not in the NFL.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 pm

mild wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:20 am ... and Vrabel choosing to run up the score tonight, I am now cheering against the Titans in neutral games. Still like AJB, but not a fan of that organization.
I'll go one further - I agree with everyone else here, you play for 60 minutes - if you don't like it, go stop them.

And more than that - players are literally paid and judged on stats. MVP, Rookie of the Year, that new extension you've waited 4 years and played your @ss off for - if you're not comparable to the other top-tier players in the league from a stats point of view, then the negotiators will use that against you. It's a cold business.

Does it matter where those stats come from? Reader, it does not. Therefore, it is your god-given duty to run up the score on sh1tty teams. That's just good business.
Nah, I don't agree. If that were the case, teams wouldn't kneel on the ball, ever, in a blowout. You don't have to agree with my take, but I don't like Vrabel, and the way he's conducted himself this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:49 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:15 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:02 am
Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:58 am
Piling on, college games where your stomping a clearly worse Team... Don't do it. Nfl just keep padding your cussion, these teams can and will put up 20 in a quarter like it's nothing.
Especially now with all these speedsters in the league and high powered offenses. Guys like Hill, Hollywood, Ruggs etc it just takes one play and 6 points are on the board in 10 seconds. Gotta score as much as possible, it also will help intimidate the Bills later on when and if these two teams meet in the playoffs. They will remember this game.
Yeppers. No lead is safe and this is your competition, frickin bury them.
This is to a few posters within this quote. Nonsense. There was 2 minutes left, it was still 2nd down, and it was 35-16. Run the ball a few times and the game is essentially over. The Bills weren't going to call time outs at that stage. The lead was plenty safe. All the more incentive to get your competition to take out your QB's knees next time. The idea it would intimidate the Bills is ridiculous. That late meaningless TD on a PA pass doesn't intimidate the other team, it gives them incentive to come back a smack you in the mouth, and give a little extra whenever possible, in pileups etc.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Nah, I don't agree. If that were the case, teams wouldn't kneel on the ball, ever, in a blowout. You don't have to agree with my take, but I don't like Vrabel, and the way he's conducted himself this year.
Typically teams kneel to run out the clock and secure the victory. They will not start this unless they know for sure they can completely run out the time. Sportsmanship doesn't have anything to do with it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:58 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Typically teams kneel to run out the clock and secure the victory. They will not start this unless they know for sure they can completely run out the time. Sportsmanship doesn't have anything to do with it.
I know what kneel downs are for, but why do them if it's your god given duty to run up the score on sh!tty teams? The game was 35-16 with 2 minutes left, and it was 2nd down. Let's not act like the Bills had a shot to come back if they ran the ball twice. Anyway, my stance isn't changing, I don't like Vrabel, or the way he conducts himself, especially with his COVID BS. I hope he gets a year like Payton did.