Week 2 Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Week 2 Discussion

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 am

Week 2 kicks off tomorrow, and I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to watching Bengals v Browns. It doesn't even have any major fantasy implications for me, I just really want to see Burrow again, he had a very impressive debut considering all the challenges he faced due to this unique year and facing a very talented pass rush and secondary.

Another thing to keep an eye on is Air Quality issues in LA and Seattle, MLB recently postponed a Mariners series because of the AQI in Seattle this week.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 am

I am excited to watch Burrow. I didn't catch much of the first game but sounds like he was promising. I don't have much fantasy implications either. Hunt is one of my flexes so hopefully he can get into the end zone or catch plenty of passes. Baker is riding the bench for a while though...

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am

I'm excited as well, though sadly it forces me to decide whether or not to play Chubb/Hunt/neither a bit earlier than I'd prefer. This is going to be a terrible season for folks invested in both of them. : /

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 am

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am I'm excited as well, though sadly it forces me to decide whether or not to play Chubb/Hunt/neither a bit earlier than I'd prefer. This is going to be a terrible season for folks invested in both of them. : /
I like Chubb more against the Bengals. Against good teams I think it will be more of Hunt as the Browns try and catch up

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 am
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am I'm excited as well, though sadly it forces me to decide whether or not to play Chubb/Hunt/neither a bit earlier than I'd prefer. This is going to be a terrible season for folks invested in both of them. : /
I like Chubb more against the Bengals. Against good teams I think it will be more of Hunt as the Browns try and catch up
Yeah, that is my thinking as well and most likely what I'm going with.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:32 pm

Let's see a few games I'm interested in:

Browns Bengals:
Questions about baker, obj, and Chubb. Didn't get to see burrows first game.

Panthers Bucs
Does brady bounce back, what does the bucs wr group look like with Evans and Godwin both having injuries

Broncos steelers
Does Sutton play? How does lock look against perhaps the best defense in the league? Will the broncos have positive running yards after Barkley managed to do almost nothing?

Ravens Texans
What do the Texans do if they find themselves in a deep hole quickly against the ravens? Can they catch back up in the passing game?

Seahawks Patriots
Is the Patriots defense good enough to win games against strong offenses? Cam may have looked good in the ground, but his passes needed improvement.

A few players I want to see:
MT and kittle (I guess throw in Evans too) do they play? How involved are they?
Hopkins: does he continue to be fed?
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Can't believe I'm going to say this as I'll watch just about every game because I love football and fantasy football, but... this TNF matchup is horrible and I have zero interest. What a terrible prime time matchup between two utter dumpster fires, gross. :sick:

Who decided to air this crap on TNF? Being a Celtics fan makes passing on this sh*tshow even easier.

Oh well, look forward to MUCH better matchups on Sunday! :thumbup:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm

The Browns are going to blow out the Bengals, or its going to be a shootout.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:37 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm The Browns are going to blow out the Bengals, or its going to be a shootout.
I can't imagine any scenario the Browns blow out the Bengals, esp on a short week
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:39 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:37 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm The Browns are going to blow out the Bengals, or its going to be a shootout.
I can't imagine any scenario the Browns blow out the Bengals, esp on a short week

Run run run. As fast as they can...you can’t catch them, they are the ginger brown men. They will romp them on the ground.

:thumbup:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:54 pm

I look forward to any game that has a rookie QB starting, especially this early in the season.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:33 pm

They picked Browns and Bengals because of Baker, Burrow, and OBJ. Do the Browns finally live up the hype they were given going into last year? Does all the talent they have on offense finally put it together? Who is the real Baker? A lot of people feel the Browns will make the playoffs. Also Burrow is coming off of the best season in ncaa history. Even though this isn't the flashiest matchup there are several reasons for this to be a game to watch. It's not like Thursday night are always a great matchup anyway 😁
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 pm

I am already regretting taking OBJ in one of my redraft leagues. Chubb is just going to have those duds against good teams since Cleveland and Baker suck. I think I will have to start benching Chubb vs good teams. I need him to have a good game then trade him probably, since Hunt signed the extension. Unfortunately that severely hamstrung his value.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Kelldon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:33 pm They picked Browns and Bengals because of Baker, Burrow, and OBJ. Do the Browns finally live up the hype they were given going into last year? Does all the talent they have on offense finally put it together? Who is the real Baker? A lot of people feel the Browns will make the playoffs. Also Burrow is coming off of the best season in ncaa history. Even though this isn't the flashiest matchup there are several reasons for this to be a game to watch. It's not like Thursday night are always a great matchup anyway 😁
The Battle of Ohio! Inner division throwdown! Who takes 3rd in the division?!

I'm just playing. As a Ravens fan, I enjoy watching the matchup though. Just saying

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:32 am

Watching Kyler try to evade this Redskins DL should be fun to watch.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick