Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:38 am

I can tell everyone is very antsy on these boards and in life in general. Tons going on in the world and I hope everyone has stayed safe... That being said football is here! I know we could all use some real football to settle the current debates going on.

Chiefs - Texans tomorrow night!

I fully expect a blowout by the defending champs in Arrowhead. Looking forward to kicking off the season and watching Mahomes/Tyreek get back to work.

Any other notable games you all will be watching Sunday? Ravens fan, so looking forward to getting back at the Browns and taking an early division game.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:51 am

I’m a Chiefs fan. We’ll see you in the afc championship Jigga94.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:19 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:51 am I’m a Chiefs fan. We’ll see you in the afc championship Jigga94.
Patriots, Broncos, Texans...Browns have the talent but man they seem cursed, Raiders maybe? I don't see many other challengers in the AFC so the above is likely to happen.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:30 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:19 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:51 am I’m a Chiefs fan. We’ll see you in the afc championship Jigga94.
Patriots, Broncos, Texans...Browns have the talent but man they seem cursed, Raiders maybe? I don't see many other challengers in the AFC so the above is likely to happen.
I think the Ravens and Chiefs are head and shoulders above everyone else in the AFC, but after that I think you have to take the Steelers seriously if Big Ben is healthy with that defense. The Bills are going to be tough to play against as well especially if Josh Allen takes a step forward. The Colts are tough with that offensive line if Rivers has something left. The Titans just added Clowney to a team that doesn't have a lot of stars but doesn't have many glaring weaknesses either. As long as the Pats have Belichick they can't be overlooked. Texans have Watson and the Browns are arguably one of the most talented teams in the NFL.

I don't buy the Broncos this year. They appear to have just lost Von Miller for the year and that team looks fun from a dynasty perspective, but they seem like a year or 2 away unless you are a Lock believer.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:32 am

Agreed. I've thought for a bit the Texans are the 3rd place AFC team if you were to do power rankings. Patriots could do their thing but I just don't see it. Broncos maybe but I think come playoffs (if they make it) their inexperience will show.

I'd also pick the Bills before the Raiders, but both have their weaknesses. Bills could take the division though and I don't think it would surprise anyone.

The AFC West is definitely getting tougher though. Not sure I can say the same for the North. Steelers have an aging Ben and I'm not scared of Burrow or Baker until they really prove they can have sustained success

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:34 am

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:30 am
I think the Ravens and Chiefs are head and shoulders above everyone else in the AFC, but after that I think you have to take the Steelers seriously if Big Ben is healthy with that defense. The Bills are going to be tough to play against as well especially if Josh Allen takes a step forward. The Colts are tough with that offensive line if Rivers has something left. The Titans just added Clowney to a team that doesn't have a lot of stars but doesn't have many glaring weaknesses either. As long as the Pats have Belichick they can't be overlooked. Texans have Watson and the Browns are arguably one of the most talented teams in the NFL.

I don't buy the Broncos this year. They appear to have just lost Von Miller for the year and that team looks fun from a dynasty perspective, but they seem like a year or 2 away unless you are a Lock believer.
Good call on the Colts. They're a sneaky good team with how they are built. I think they will be in the playoff hunt

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:37 am

Finally!!! I tried watching NBA, but couldn't handle it despite my love for basketball as a sport.

Ready for game 1, i think the Chiefs take it easily. Also excited for Ravens v browns and Colts v Jags (Colts fan). I think the Colts are built extremely well and will shock some teams. Also, excited to see the Patriots suck.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:38 am

Only other contender out of the AFC (barring injuries) are the Steelers, maybe the Colts if Rivers isnt totally washed or the Chargers if Herbert can put it together on a god tier level and reach his peak form in his rookie season. But I agree, the AFC side of the Superbowl will be the Ravens or Chiefs. NFC... total crapshoot...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:39 am

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:37 am Finally!!! I tried watching NBA, but couldn't handle it despite my love for basketball as a sport.

Ready for game 1, i think the Chiefs take it easily. Also excited for Ravens v browns and Colts v Jags (Colts fan). I think the Colts are built extremely well and will shock some teams. Also, excited to see the Patriots suck.
NBA is so soft these days, it's a shame.

Colts should easily run away with that game. How many rushing TD for Mack and JT combined?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:44 am

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:37 am Finally!!! I tried watching NBA, but couldn't handle it despite my love for basketball as a sport.

Have you heard of an odd Canadian sport named Hockey? Playoff hockey is vastly superior to the NFL imo
There have also been amazing fights put on by the UFC every week. Nothing like watching two trained assassins locked in a cage and told to fight
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:44 am

Titans are certainly a team that can upset anyone. Pats are always the Pats and could somehow make the magic happen. I’m looking forward to seeing what the plan is for their offense.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:44 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:39 am

NBA is so soft these days, it's a shame.

Colts should easily run away with that game. How many rushing TD for Mack and JT combined?
2 rushing, but also 1 receiving from hines is my prediction. Hines will be getting a ton of dumpoffs.

QB | Murray, Prescott

10 Team | SF | PPR

RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:45 am

NEW YORK(NYJ) @BUFFALO
CLEVELAND@BALTIMORE
INDIANAPOLIS@JACKSONVILLE
PHILADELPHIA@WASHINGTON
HOUSTON@KANSAS CITY
PITTSBURGH@NEW YORK(NYG)
SEATTLE@ATLANTA
ARIZONA@SAN FRANCISCO
MIAMI@NEW ENGLAND
DALLAS@LA RAMS
LA CHARGERS@CINCINNATI
LAS VEGAS@CAROLINA
CHICAGO@DETROIT
GREEN BAY@MINNESOTA
TAMPA BAY@NEW ORLEANS
TENNESSEE@DENVER

Tough calls with a few trap games. No preseason really makes it difficult to have any idea how teams will perform week 1.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:58 am

I forgot about Arizona at San Fran. Arizona played the niners really well last year...that could be a great game considering the injuries the niners have at WR.

QB | Murray, Prescott

10 Team | SF | PPR

2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:29 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:45 am Tough calls with a few trap games. No preseason really makes it difficult to have any idea how teams will perform week 1.
There's going to be some real shockers and stinkers Week 1. You know how that first HOF preseason game is unwatchable? Welp, there might be a few of those to start off, but hopefully the madness lessens considerably for everybody by end-Sep. :pray:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -