Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:47 am
DLF3000 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 am
Factory of Sadness wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:38 am Funny that after truncated camps and no pre-season games. I wonder if there's a connection?
Meh, that's the easy excuse. Matchups and drops are better ones.

Some rookie RBs were great, including Swift and Taylor in the receiving game. Swift could have been team MVP this week with one more catch.
Rookie RBs are ALWAYS better than rookie WRs.
Not always - but on average, yeah. Definitely a rarity - McLaurin was incinerating everyone's FAAB at this time last year.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:14 am

I wonder if the Steelers will give Conner his role back or try Snell. I thought Snell was fine, nothing special, but effective enough. I really like Conner and think he is a great story, but I just don't see how the Steelers can keep him at the top of the depth chart when you know he can't stay healthy. He didn't even make it to halftime. It would be very hard for me as a coach to trust his health.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:19 am

Corey Davis looked good. He got the receptions that made AJB so valuable last year.

I think James Connor has a week or two left to prove he can be the lead back before Snell takes over. "Availability is the best ability," as they say.

I hope they give Mike Thomas a week or two to get well rather than rushing him back. That ankle isn't going to be good for a guy who makes his money running routes.

Doesn't seem like there are many players worth starting in LAC but Henry had a nice showing.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:19 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:14 am I wonder if the Steelers will give Conner his role back or try Snell. I thought Snell was fine, nothing special, but effective enough. I really like Conner and think he is a great story, but I just don't see how the Steelers can keep him at the top of the depth chart when you know he can't stay healthy. He didn't even make it to halftime. It would be very hard for me as a coach to trust his health.
Conner is an unrestricted free agent next year. Wouldn't be the worst idea to see if Snell can handle the job long term as they have Snell dirt cheap for 2021 & 2022.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 am

It was almost like Akers had PTSD thinking back to FSU warfare run mode.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:26 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:19 am Corey Davis looked good. He got the receptions that made AJB so valuable last year.

I think James Connor has a week or two left to prove he can be the lead back before Snell takes over. "Availability is the best ability," as they say.

I hope they give Mike Thomas a week or two to get well rather than rushing him back. That ankle isn't going to be good for a guy who makes his money running routes.

Doesn't seem like there are many players worth starting in LAC but Henry had a nice showing.
He doesn't run a lot of different routes though. If there's a WR who can still be effective while playing through this injury it's him. He might be a little more predictable on what he's running now so be doesn't have to make his cut off his bad foot, but he was fairly predictable to begin with. With Brees throwing the ball it's all just going to be underneath and intermediate stuff anyway. MT says he wants to play through it.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:29 am

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 am
Factory of Sadness wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:38 am Funny that after truncated camps and no pre-season games. I wonder if there's a connection?
Meh, that's the easy excuse. Matchups and drops are better ones.

Some rookie RBs were great, including Swift and Taylor in the receiving game. Swift could have been team MVP this week with one more catch.
It's an easy excuse because it's an obvious, valid excuse. Plus WRs commonly take longer to adjust to the NFL than RBs. There's often 1 or 2 who have hot starts but it's reasonable to believe that the lack of preseason and typical offseason has affected that.
Last edited by hoos89 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:30 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:14 am I wonder if the Steelers will give Conner his role back or try Snell. I thought Snell was fine, nothing special, but effective enough. I really like Conner and think he is a great story, but I just don't see how the Steelers can keep him at the top of the depth chart when you know he can't stay healthy. He didn't even make it to halftime. It would be very hard for me as a coach to trust his health.
I could see them drafting an RB next year. The Steelers are known for having that one guy, and none of those types of backs are on their team. They won last night, but you can tell just how much they still miss the pure playmaking skills of Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell (at least in their prime). Juju is good, but he's more of a #2. Diontae Johnson looks promising, but may be more of a complimentary piece as well.

Their offense needs an alpha WR or RB to hide the fact that Big Ben is winding down.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:10 am

Something I noted, the MUCH maligned Amari Cooper had 10 catches for 89 against Jalen Ramsey. The Cowboys looked flat and lost but I thought that was a pretty good showing against arguably the best corner in football for guy who "disappears" against tough corners. If you watched the game I think it looks even better. The target share is pretty special too considering the number of mouths to feed.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:13 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:30 am
I could see them drafting an RB next year. The Steelers are known for having that one guy, and none of those types of backs are on their team. They won last night, but you can tell just how much they still miss the pure playmaking skills of Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell (at least in their prime). Juju is good, but he's more of a #2. Diontae Johnson looks promising, but may be more of a complimentary piece as well.

Their offense needs an alpha WR or RB to hide the fact that Big Ben is winding down.
Diontae in the second half was pretty darn good. I think the fumbled punt got in his head as well as the offense was rusty as a whole. Second half Diontae started showcasing his talent. I don't think either WR are Antonio Brown at his peak, but i think they are missing a dynamic RB more than anything else.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:35 pm

LFG Minshew, prove every hater wrong!

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:38 pm

That was frustrating seeing the distribution by Tannehill last night. It seemed like they used some strange personnel groupings on crucial 3rd downs a couple times. As a previous poster mentioned, my guess is AJB was not 100% health and/or conditioning. Something seemed off.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Servo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:35 pm LFG Minshew, prove every hater wrong!
Strongly considering dropping Goff and rolling with Minshew for Team 3 in my signature

It’s a keeper league and I won’t be keeping a QB anyway
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Diggs, Olave, Aiyuk, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
(Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF)
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert
WR: Chase, Kupp, Aiyuk, Nico, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: none

Team 3:
12tm PPR SuperFlex
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4th, 4th

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:38 pm That was frustrating seeing the distribution by Tannehill last night. It seemed like they used some strange personnel groupings on crucial 3rd downs a couple times. As a previous poster mentioned, my guess is AJB was not 100% health and/or conditioning. Something seemed off.
AJB did not look 100%

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:19 am
PR0v3 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:13 am
Krypto_King wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:08 am Corey Davis vs no.2 coverage looks pretty sweet. Vrabel saved from his own stupidity, Titans O is f'd when trailing.
He’a going in my lineup next week. He played like he was taking what was his. Hard to see him not doing something if he brings the intensity like that each week.
Was it a rookie? Bouye got hurt early, who was Davis against tonight?
several were crossers vs a zone, seemed like the safety was always shaded to AJB. I don't think Bouye went down until late 3rd