Who is on your Mt. Rushmore of bad teams.

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!

What Franchise Belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of Bad Franchises (pick one)

Arizona
No votes
Atlanta
No votes
Carolina
No votes
Cleveland
38%
Cincinnati
3%
Detroit
33%
Houston
No votes
Jacksonville
13%
Los Angles Charges
5%
NY Jets
8%
Tampa Bay
No votes
Tennessee
3%

Total votes: 40

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Who is on your Mt. Rushmore of bad teams.

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:09 am

Since the Super Bowl Era, what franchise(s) would go on the Mt. Rushmore of Bad Teams?

I have omitted teams that have been to three Super Bowls.

Please do not vote for your home team.

Please think in historic terms of blown picks or signings. Questionable coaching hirings. Reputation among players. Do their players retire early? (Well come on Detroit, Barry Sanders and Megatron?)

In other words what is the one team that why yours is in the crapper you can say to yourself, "Well at least I am not a _____ fan".
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Who is on your Mt. Rushmore of bad teams.

Postby Plank » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:16 pm

my 4 faces of an NFL Mt Rushmore are:

TB: No one can beat the Culverhouse era, perennial losers with a ton of bad 1st picks, if you look at the draft history its quite staggering ie, Bo Jackson anyone? .. Also another example is picking Vinny instead of Cornelius Bennett (and Perkins coached the LB at Alabama, ugh) list goes on and on, Bucs saw some relief when Culverhouse died, Glazers hiring Dungy winning their 1st ever SB etc..

Cleveland and NY Jets

And last is Detroit, my heart always goes out to Loins fans ...
@PlankMelody

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:19 pm

Browns
Redskins
Detroit
Bengals

I choose to omit the Jets!!

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Came down to Detroit & Cleveland for me. Chose Detroit. I think the early retiring of Barry Sanders & Calvin Johnson sealed the deal.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:03 pm

It’s gotta be Detroit and the browns for me. Of the twelve teams without a Lombardi They stand out.

IMO If you’ve got one even if it’s something like TB who has a brief relevant stint or the Seahawks who were bad until recently, won one, were Good for a few years and now are getting carried by Russell you can’t be as bad as the rest, at least you’ve got that one fall back on.

So of those 12 teams, three are relatively recent expansions in the panthers, Texans and jags. So despite some ineptitude on there part in various degrees and forms they don’t have the decades of suckage.

Then the Vikings, bills and bengals have all at least had decent stretches of time we’re they were good or great, some bad but looking at there history there still as a whole decent to good teams historically and recently, bengals less so now but they were good enough.

Then we’ve got the falcons, Cardinals, chargers and titans/oilers. They’ve all had these really weird histories of just being either absolutely fantastic or horrible within small stretches of time. One year it’s a deep playoff run, the next there picking too 10. So they’ve had the lows, but they’ve got highs and all still have some incredibly iconic and amazing players.

Now we’re left with the black sheep, Detroit and cleveland. Picking between these two is hard, so I’d say they both win it. Only two winless teams, years upon years of bad picks, players leaving the nfl early for drug or personal reason. Never having an extended time of being good or at least having random years of being stellar. So I go with the two obvious picks.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:53 pm

In no order...

CLE
CIN
DET
WAS

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:54 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:19 pm Browns
Redskins
Detroit
Bengals

I choose to omit the Jets!!
Hey I picked the same ones... Jets, JAX, and LAC would've been honorable mentions

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:09 pm

How could it be anything but Cleveland?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Dallass

Signed,

A Packer fan

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:08 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:03 pm It’s gotta be Detroit and the browns for me. Of the twelve teams without a Lombardi They stand out.

IMO If you’ve got one even if it’s something like TB who has a brief relevant stint or the Seahawks who were bad until recently, won one, were Good for a few years and now are getting carried by Russell you can’t be as bad as the rest, at least you’ve got that one fall back on.

So of those 12 teams, three are relatively recent expansions in the panthers, Texans and jags. So despite some ineptitude on there part in various degrees and forms they don’t have the decades of suckage.

Then the Vikings, bills and bengals have all at least had decent stretches of time we’re they were good or great, some bad but looking at there history there still as a whole decent to good teams historically and recently, bengals less so now but they were good enough.

Then we’ve got the falcons, Cardinals, chargers and titans/oilers. They’ve all had these really weird histories of just being either absolutely fantastic or horrible within small stretches of time. One year it’s a deep playoff run, the next there picking too 10. So they’ve had the lows, but they’ve got highs and all still have some incredibly iconic and amazing players.

Now we’re left with the black sheep, Detroit and cleveland. Picking between these two is hard, so I’d say they both win it. Only two winless teams, years upon years of bad picks, players leaving the nfl early for drug or personal reason. Never having an extended time of being good or at least having random years of being stellar. So I go with the two obvious picks.
You really have to include the Cleveland Browns an expansion team as well since the old organization moved to Baltimore. That leaves Detroit as the only non-expansion team to never appear in a Super Bowl and the all time loser of an organization.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:43 pm

I was deciding between Cleveland and Detroit. Ultimately went with Cleveland, because of the front office turnover and QB drought.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:53 pm

I went Cleveland, they have managed to be terrible with 2 teams now. Then again if I give them slack for actually being an expansion team and Baltimore is really the old Browns then Detroit becomes the toilet bowl champ because Baltimore actually got good.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Lions over Browns (in suckiness)

1 playoff win IN 65 YEARS...SIXTY FIVE YEARS

Browns at least came close a lot when they were the old Browns
And the New Browns haven't been around long enough to have the pain of the Lions

Lions=Lincoln--the dream team of losing/the preservation of failure through countless obstacles (chances at winning: Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson)
Browns=Washington--noble losers and nowadays the undisputed leader of the losers
Jets=Jefferson--wrote the book of creatively losing and have duly stuck by it for generations
Chargers=Teddy Roosevelt--the new kids on the block to the art of being pathetic

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:40 pm

If you’re asking for a Mount Rushmore, the poll should let you pick four teams, not one. Just sayin’. Otherwise, this thread should just be titled “who’s the crappiest team of all time?”
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0