NFL Free Agency: Will the draft affect it retroactively?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: NFL Free Agency: Will the draft affect it retroactively?

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:33 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:02 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:30 pm

That would make more sense, thanks for clearing that up
Yeah, for sure. I guess they either have to take the independent doctors word on the physical, or revoke the trade, as it needs to be made official before the pick can be made, for sure. The Gurley trade is one where the Falcons could grab a RB if one fell that they weren't expecting, and then fail Gurley's physical after the fact, it seems like.
Gurley was cut, but the point stands.
Yeah, but that's what I mean. I agree with your assessment on the Hopkins thing. with Gurley, there was no trade. It was FA, but the deal is not official. So the DJ/Hopkins thing needs to be sorted out pre NFL draft. The Gurley thing, it's different. If Akers slips to the Falcons in the third, for example, they may tell Gurley he didn't pass the physical after the draft. Him, and any other FA who's deal isn't official yet.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:38 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:02 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:30 pm

That would make more sense, thanks for clearing that up
Yeah, for sure. I guess they either have to take the independent doctors word on the physical, or revoke the trade, as it needs to be made official before the pick can be made, for sure. The Gurley trade is one where the Falcons could grab a RB if one fell that they weren't expecting, and then fail Gurley's physical after the fact, it seems like.
Gurley was cut, but the point stands.
Agreed... So what big deals could be voided that didn't include picks? I can only recall ones that included draft picks now lol those should all be decided on before draft and I doubt any team would go back on a deal they made a few weeks ago if nothing has changed. My original question popped up because I thought the draft could make a huge impact on some of these (but that's not the case in terms of deals for picks)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:39 pm

Gurley officially signs.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick