Vikings offense 2020

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Vikings offense 2020

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:02 am

Looking to have a discussion on what others think of this offense for the coming year. With Diggs traded, they have so many vacated targets. How does Thielen perform as the clear #1 WR? Does Rudolph become a sneaky grab? While what they got for Diggs was next year, does it push them to go after a rookie WR in this year's draft?

Does Cousins regress either gridiron or fantasy wise without Diggs? Can Cook be a healthy bellcow all season? Does Mattison emerge as an Ingram-like 1b alongside Cook? How do the defensive losses (like Griffen and Rhodes) factor into how the offense will play?

I believe Rudolph will be a great production value, but I'm struggling to find solid reasons for optimism for much of the rest of the team.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Vikings offense 2020

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:13 am

Honestly the only guy I want in that offense is Dalvin. He looked really good in that scheme, and he'll continue to get fed. Don't want any part of that passing game.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:25 am

I like Irv Smith to step up.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:53 am

Thielen will still be a stud. He's elite at getting open in a short area.

I think they'll draft a deep threat WR in one of the first two rounds and that rookie will get some targets. I also think a sneaky add right now is Chad Beebe. He can also get open seemingly at will. Bisi Johnson isn't a great talent and should remain a fantasy free agent.

Rudolph and Irv Smith will see small upticks but not enough to greatly increase their value.

Cousins and Cook stay closer to the same as last year.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:14 am

Vikings homer here.

They want to be a run-based offense centered around Cook and Mattison.

In the passing game, they are essentially a play-action-based attack, hoping to capitalize on the running threat of Cook to set up their play action. Cousins is actually very good at this.

Thielen will still get his as he is really good independent from Diggs. He works about half and half between the slot and outside, and I expect that to continue depending on what sort of WR help they bring in.

Rudolph will remain mostly a redzone target while I think Irv Smith increases his production this season in-between the 20's.

The offensive line will be the key. They are very weak along the interior, but the bright side is that they run the ZBS in the run game, so those types of linemen can be found.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 am

Thielen will still be good, but his coverage is going to be completely different now. Diggs took away the #1 corner from him each game and Minnesota has nobody else who can come close to replicating that coverage or the elite route running and separation ability Diggs has.

The Vikings seem like a candidate to draft a WR in the first couple of rounds now. Someone who can lineup at the X a lot.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:10 pm

They have a ton of holes now, so its tough to say how they draft. You know Zimmer will grab a corner early, they need line, as always. You figure WR will be a priority. Running the ball will still be the flavor of that offense. Do they split the carries more to try to keep Cook healthy? Or do they run him into the ground knowing they wont throw a big contract to him? Irv and Rudolph should get a healthy dosage of targets. They will always try to compete for a playoff spot, they are more of a reload team than rebuild. This is the opposite year for Zimmer, so expect about 8-8 or 9-7 at best.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:24 pm

Any Cook owner should have Mattison. I think he's a sneaky add even if you aren't a Cook owner.

Irv might step up and be a huge beneficiary, but I'm not sure his price.

My guess is Thielen gets more volume/targets but might be less efficient if there isn't a solid #2. Though I think he had good games with Diggs in the lineup so maybe he blows up

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:24 pm Any Cook owner should have Mattison. I think he's a sneaky add even if you aren't a Cook owner.

My guess is Thielen gets more volume/targets but might be less efficient if there isn't a solid #2. Though I think he had good games with Diggs in the lineup so maybe he blows up
From my experience, Mattison owners are asking for too much for what he is, from Cook owners. He's not a sneaky add in the leagues I have Cook, they try to put you over a barrel.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FFChamp
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FFChamp » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:37 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:24 pm Any Cook owner should have Mattison. I think he's a sneaky add even if you aren't a Cook owner.

From my experience, Mattison owners are asking for too much for what he is, from Cook owners. He's not a sneaky add in the leagues I have Cook, they try to put you over a barrel.
Probably because he is one of the better handcuffs in the league and that is what happens with RBs.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Hmm fair enough. He was cheap last year it seemed like

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:53 pm

I completely blanked on Irv Smith. As soon as he went to Minnesota I dismissed him, but he could be a good option for a leap.

Minnesota and Atlanta both invested in their oline last year and came out fairly well, I thought the rookie center the Vikings took had a good 1st year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 pm

I had already pegged Thielen to rebound, prior to Diggs trade. I think 2018 should end up being his career year with that tear of 100 yards games, but I could see a return to 2017 numbers, 90-1200. This is a guy who was largely underrated in fantasy, coming off a terrible/injured 2nd half of the season.

I started compiling the numbers on WRs ppg from Week 1 2017 to Week 7 2019, but its too much work, fact is he was a clear cut WR1 in that frame, out of that elite top 5 tier but certainly top 10, at a guess.

Of course the concerns are real, age, run first team, Diggs not drawing coverage. All this considered I feel like hes again very undervalued at the moment.

TE group is gonna be interesting, but the time to be happy to stream Rudy is passed, imo. And, the time to have acquired Irv was before Diggs trade, feel like owners that bought/drafted him are gonna be happy to wait and see now, or ask for too much. Could be different across leagues.

RBs is easy. Cook, if healthy, is a complete stud, and will be in 2020 again. Mattison is one of the few true 'handcuffs' out there, as he should be able to plug right in as a great fantasy start if Cook cant go. Lot of other studs going down across the league would just result in a RBBC, feel like its less so in MN, and thats gonna lead to it being tough to buy Mattison.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st