Bears QB Situation

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Bears QB Situation

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:29 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:08 am
Valhalla wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:02 am As a Viking fan...I am wondering if the other Vikings fans have discovered the secret of blocking out the 38-7 drubbing Foles handed them in what was largely predicted to be an “easy” playoff game for the Vikings.
And yes, that was Foles. Not the system. Just stop with that.
I think that run in Philly is tough to replicate. Like Case Keenum & the 2017 Vikings. Average QBs can have a good season, but elite QBs do it most seasons. If Foles was good, wouldn't Jacksonville keep him? They prefer Gardner Minshew.

And there were people who that that would be an "easy" playoff game? I don't remember it that way.
Yes. Philly was ~3 point (home) underdogs and the offense didn't look very good beating Atlanta the week prior. Pretty much everyone was picking Minnesota to win.

On topic, I think this is a similar situation to Tennessee last year. Mitch is the starter week 1, but with a short leash.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:46 am

Trubes gets a few more starts as a vote of confidence, likely craters, Foles comes in and mops up the rest of the year as a bridge QB for whoever the Bears draft at QB in '21.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:21 pm

I'm hearing rumblings how Foles has been brought in for his "fit with this system". We know how coaches are in relation to their schemes and systems, my money is on Foles being the guy sooner rather than later.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:52 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:46 am Trubes gets a few more starts as a vote of confidence, likely craters, Foles comes in and mops up the rest of the year as a bridge QB for whoever the Bears draft at QB in '21.
I honestly think that there is a good chance Foles beats him in training camp. Nagy and Pace are probably on a short leash. They don't have the luxury of losing games. They need to make the playoffs to keep their jobs IMO, and they'll go with whoever gives them the best chance to win week 1, and I think that will most likely be Foles.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:48 pm

As a Packer fan I love this. Foles is trash & Trubs is trash. So pick whichever dumpster fire you want. Now if only the Queens would give Kissing Cousins a 10 yr extension I'd be happy.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Foles has stumbled a bit lately but he has had streaks of greatness in his career including a Super Bowl winning performance. I think he’s worth a look just on the chance he’s great again.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:48 pm

Im much more in the camp that Foles is a talent level thats somewhere between great backup and mediocre starter. Yes, he deserves credit for that SB run, clearly. But, Id argue that Philly team top to bottom was just really talented that year. Coincidentally, the Vikings were in pretty similar spot, nice overall roster, running Case Keenum at QB.

With all that said, I take this signing as a last attempt to get Trubisky to take a step here. If this competition doesnt cause it, the idea is almost certainly that he never will. I personally dont think he will, and Foles will be an interim starter as they move on from Trubisky this year.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st