CBA Approved

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: CBA Approved

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:33 am

jordanzs wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:01 am Here’s an interesting idea:

Since the NFL season will be 18 weeks, how about running the fantasy season from weeks 2 to 17?

Let week 1 be an evaluation week for our teams. Sorta like preseason is for the NFL.

Maybe do a DFS style payout for the top week 1 score, but let the season long records start at week 2
I can't see people going for that. I'd rather keep it weeks 1-16 because there won't be players getting rested in week 16, almost guaranteed.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:44 am

I may be a curmudgeon, but I don't like expanding the regular season to 17 games. It's tough enough for players to last the full 16 games today. I understand that it's quite a bit more revenue though.

I really don't like expanding the playoffs. We already see 8-8 teams make it, a 7-9 team once. These will be more common now. What I love about the NFL is you have to be very good to make the post season. In the NHL, you just have to show up and odds are you advanced to the playoffs. It's diluted and not impressive.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:08 am

It does put a greater emphasis on going for the best record possible though with just the 1 bye per conference instead of 2. History has shown how important the bye is for your chances of making the SB, so that will make the #1 seed even more sought after than before.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:05 pm
UATahoe wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:01 am I’m with you on the extra week. Love the idea for fantasy purposes.
My co commish and I have been discussing it, and we are likely not going to change our Fantasy season for year 1 of the 17 game season, until we see how teams handle the resting of players late in the year.

I know another commish I've spoken to has no plans of changing them, either. He also pointed out that in the new CBA, training camp is going from 28 practices to 16. We both agree September football is going to be terrible quality as a result.
Exactly what I announced to my leagues.

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Re: Dynasty Ramifications of the new CBA

Postby gmoftheyear » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:20 pm

They may be adding a 2nd bye week also. Which would give us 19 weeks for 17 weeks of football. This would allow for the Super Bowl to be on Presidents Day weekend which everyone seems to want.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Dynasty Ramifications of the new CBA

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:27 pm

gmoftheyear wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:20 pm They may be adding a 2nd bye week also. Which would give us 19 weeks for 17 weeks of football. This would allow for the Super Bowl to be on Presidents Day weekend which everyone seems to want.
We want the Super Bowl on President's day weekend? I just want it on a Saturday.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.