OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 am

Blueboy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am Aaand a warrant for OBJ's arrest because he slapped a cop's bleep.
At the game or separate incident?
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 am
Blueboy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am Aaand a warrant for OBJ's arrest because he slapped a cop's bleep.
Lol what a joke. Shouldn't even be newsworthy
Beckham was already undervalued in dynasty...I think I'll send out some buy low offers to see if any league mates thinks he's going to get anything more than a simple fine or probation.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am

That security guard in the locker room post national championship win, harassing players demanding too see IDs to see if they're 21 to be smoking, and asking if there's vodka in the Gatorade bottles. Just stfu and quit overcompensating because you couldn't make it as an actual cop

No, obj shouldn't have slapped the guard's butt, but an arrest warrant over it? And they went to the judge for "Misdemeanor sexual battery" and the judge told them to get lost. Then they went for simple battery and it's such a small, small charge judge had to sign it.

Just on a power trip by that department.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 am
Lol what a joke. Shouldn't even be newsworthy
Beckham was already undervalued in dynasty...I think I'll send out some buy low offers to see if any league mates thinks he's going to get anything more than a simple fine or probation.
I need to get you in my league so I can sell him to you lol

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 am

Ill try and buy in a league that I'm contending.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:20 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am That security guard in the locker room post national championship win, harassing players demanding too see IDs to see if they're 21 to be smoking, and asking if there's vodka in the Gatorade bottles. Just stfu and quit overcompensating because you couldn't make it as an actual cop

No, obj shouldn't have slapped the guard's butt, but an arrest warrant over it? And they went to the judge for "Misdemeanor sexual battery" and the judge told them to get lost. Then they went for simple battery and it's such a small, small charge judge had to sign it.

Agreed. However it's just another example of bad judgment that night. So many players play the game without this nonsense on the side. OBJ isn't some criminal, but he's certainly not a pillar of the community, either. I wonder if he'll get a meeting with Goodell over it? Regardless, it's the last thing LSU or the Browns need. It doesn't affect his dynasty value, but it does show that he is a distraction for his organization. I doubt it's planned, but this could help him get shipped out of Cleveland, if indeed that's what he wants.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:25 am

What game was I just watching, I think it was the Tenn/Balt game, and i had to rewind it. A Tennessee player was celebrating on the sideline, near the bleachers, sort of running and waving his arms up. The camera stays on him and he does the butt-slap of a security guard (male) and then does a big butt-slap on either another security guard or cameraman. The second reaction was priceless, but it was just comical. Probably was not too funny to them, but nobody said anything since it was guy on guy, as far as I know.
Valhalla's Father

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm

I'm sure a few of us have played sports right? I haven't seen a video, so maybe it was something different but I imagine it went down something like this.

Guard comes in checking IDs and seeing if the kids are drinking while they are celebrating in the locker room (which probably isn't his responsibility). OBJ in said locker room with kids tells the guard to lighten up we won and gives him a celebratory football slap on the butt. Guard then wants to try to press charges because he knows OBJ has a reputation of being a head case and wants a nice settlement so he can take his wife/kids on a nice vacation.

Obviously I'm purely speculating. But the fact this is news is silly. How significant of a slap on the butt constitutes battery? Like.. cmon. OBJ is nuts from time to time, but this isn't anything. I assume he was just in a good mood.

How many of us sports fan get super excited when the team we root for wins a title? Even if we aren't on that team or never have been, we love it and get hyped. OBJ has mentored a lot of these student athletes and wears his heart on his sleeve for better or for worse, so I'm sure he was just hyped too.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Watson, Dak, Richardson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Javonte Williams, JHill, Dobbins, Achane, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell, Fournette, CPatt
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, MT, QJ, Bateman, Jamo, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
2024: 1st, 2nd, 4th

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:27 pm

A late 1st for OBJ worth an offer?
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am That security guard in the locker room post national championship win, harassing players demanding too see IDs to see if they're 21 to be smoking, and asking if there's vodka in the Gatorade bottles. Just stfu and quit overcompensating because you couldn't make it as an actual cop

x2 that security guard is the one that people should probably be looking into.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm

x2 that security guard is the one that people should probably be looking into.
HAHA what?!?!
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Edelman gets arrested for misdemeanor vandalism and that thread has 17 posts and took forever to get there. OBJ does less and we're quickly at 41 posts and climbing. A bit biased IMO.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 pm

BucFanJKE wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm I'm sure a few of us have played sports right? I haven't seen a video, so maybe it was something different but I imagine it went down something like this.

Guard comes in checking IDs and seeing if the kids are drinking while they are celebrating in the locker room (which probably isn't his responsibility). OBJ in said locker room with kids tells the guard to lighten up we won and gives him a celebratory football slap on the butt. Guard then wants to try to press charges because he knows OBJ has a reputation of being a head case and wants a nice settlement so he can take his wife/kids on a nice vacation.

Obviously I'm purely speculating. But the fact this is news is silly. How significant of a slap on the butt constitutes battery? Like.. cmon. OBJ is nuts from time to time, but this isn't anything. I assume he was just in a good mood.

How many of us sports fan get super excited when the team we root for wins a title? Even if we aren't on that team or never have been, we love it and get hyped. OBJ has mentored a lot of these student athletes and wears his heart on his sleeve for better or for worse, so I'm sure he was just hyped too.
I saw the video, definitely not batter of course, but it was not a celebratory butt slap. He looked pretty hammered and kind of a cross of I want to start a fight/I want to mess with you to be a jerk. Law enforcement does not allow you to touch them in even the slightest aggressive matter, any person with a tenth of a brain knows that. I am not sure how that transpires to a security guard or how much that should "lessen" the issue. My gut almost tells me that this became an issue after either law enforcement or the security guard or the company (stadium employee?) saw the video. What is our country's obsession with having to video tape every single second of everything? Unless it is of the actual game itself.
Valhalla's Father

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:59 pm

Friction wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 pm
BucFanJKE wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm I'm sure a few of us have played sports right? I haven't seen a video, so maybe it was something different but I imagine it went down something like this.

I saw the video, definitely not batter of course, but it was not a celebratory butt slap. He looked pretty hammered and kind of a cross of I want to start a fight/I want to mess with you to be a jerk. Law enforcement does not allow you to touch them in even the slightest aggressive matter, any person with a tenth of a brain knows that. I am not sure how that transpires to a security guard or how much that should "lessen" the issue. My gut almost tells me that this became an issue after either law enforcement or the security guard or the company (stadium employee?) saw the video. What is our country's obsession with having to video tape every single second of everything? Unless it is of the actual game itself.
Really? I see something totally different. I see a wanna be Barney Fife harassing kids (a college student is still a kid in my eyes) on what is arguably the largest achievement of their life up to that point. For some, that night will be the greatest night of their life, and this rent-a-cop wants to ask for ID's when they are smoking celebratory cigars? Cmon man, that's ridiculous. OBJ gives the dude a hard butt slap and probably tells him to lighten the hell up. The security guard (who I am assuming doesn't get paid great money) probably sees this as a chance to get a few grand from OBJ if he drops the charges.

OBJ is an idiot. That I don't think anybody disagrees with. But if this country and society is outraged and bringing charges over this incident, we are even softer than I thought we were. This is so much to do about nothing.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm

That security guard is obviously a blast at parties.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2