OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Anyone see the incident in question? Skip Bayless thinks there may be sanctions vs LSU for this. Either way, OBJ is an idiot for doing this.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:45 pm

LSU says it's fake money, and if it wasn't there's no way they allowed them to keep it. There's not going to be anything to come of it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:46 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:45 pm LSU says it's fake money, and if it wasn't there's no way they allowed them to keep it. There's not going to be anything to come of it.
Of course they said it's fake. Either way, bad look. Just dumb on OBJ's part. Attention seeker to the max. I hope nothing does come of it. Not the fault of those kids.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:46 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:45 pm LSU says it's fake money, and if it wasn't there's no way they allowed them to keep it. There's not going to be anything to come of it.
Of course they said it's fake. Either way, bad look. Just dumb on OBJ's part. Attention seeker to the max. I hope nothing does come of it. Not the fault of those kids.
He obviously doesn't know proper protocol. Money is supposed to be slid quietly under a large wooden table from an old, rich white dude... errrr I mean donor.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:30 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/287 ... -cfp-video

According to Burrow, the money was real. OBJ continues to prove he has a ten cent head, despite all that cash.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:41 pm Anyone see the incident in question? Skip Bayless thinks there may be sanctions vs LSU for this. Either way, OBJ is an idiot for doing this.
:roll:
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:32 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:30 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:41 pm Anyone see the incident in question? Skip Bayless thinks there may be sanctions vs LSU for this. Either way, OBJ is an idiot for doing this.
Well, Burrow has just come out and said the money was real. There is a possibility. Either way, OBJ is an idiot. His narcissistic behavior has put his alma mater under investigation after a National Championship win.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm

I don't know, it seems pretty silly for anyone to get in a hissy about this. I mean besides Skip Bayless, since his entire fame and fortune is based on him being in a hissy.
If you think LSU or the NCAA cares about this, go check out their basketball coach, and what happened to him after he was recorded speaking openly about paying a player to commit. A former player was having fun, and the NCAA won't do jack**** to a program that makes them the money that LSU does. There might be an "investigation" but the findings will show the money was "paid back" and some players might sit a half against Western Louisana Tech next season.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm I don't know, it seems pretty silly for anyone to get in a hissy about this. I mean besides Skip Bayless, since his entire fame and fortune is based on him being in a hissy.
If you think LSU or the NCAA cares about this, go check out their basketball coach, and what happened to him after he was recorded speaking openly about paying a player to commit. A former player was having fun, and the NCAA won't do jack**** to a program that makes them the money that LSU does. There might be an "investigation" but the findings will show the money was "paid back" and some players might sit a half against Western Louisana Tech next season.
Sure, but it just illustrates that OBJ is an attention seeker. It takes focus away from their accomplishments, and puts it on him. It was a stupid thing to do.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Yawn

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:52 pm

As someone who loves obj and his spirit/passion for the game

This was stupid. Hopefully none of the returning players get suspended
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm I don't know, it seems pretty silly for anyone to get in a hissy about this. I mean besides Skip Bayless, since his entire fame and fortune is based on him being in a hissy.
Sure, but it just illustrates that OBJ is an attention seeker. It takes focus away from their accomplishments and puts it on him. It was a stupid thing to do.
That's one way to read it, if you like being negative. We already knew that OBJ liked the limelight, but it just looked like a guy having fun. He gets bonus points for making a mockery of the NCAA "amateur" athletics on primetime, IMO.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:32 pm
Well, Burrow has just come out and said the money was real. There is a possibility. Either way, OBJ is an idiot. His narcissistic behavior has put his alma mater under investigation after a National Championship win.
How is he displaying narcissistic qualities or seeking attention by handing out money?

Was it a dumb thing to do? Yeah probably?

Was he celebrating his alma mater's first National Championship with their players that he's probably mentored / tutored? Yeah.

Is what he did narcissistic? I don't think so.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:32 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm
Sure, but it just illustrates that OBJ is an attention seeker. It takes focus away from their accomplishments and puts it on him. It was a stupid thing to do.
That's one way to read it, if you like being negative. We already knew that OBJ liked the limelight, but it just looked like a guy having fun. He gets bonus points for making a mockery of the NCAA "amateur" athletics on primetime, IMO.

You’re giving him way to much credit if you think part of his intention was to “make a mockery of the NCAA amateur athletics”.

Classic OBJ, trying to make an LSU championship all about him. Someone remind him that he didn’t play.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:45 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:32 pm

How is he displaying narcissistic qualities or seeking attention by handing out money?

Was it a dumb thing to do? Yeah probably?

Was he celebrating his alma mater's first National Championship with their players that he's probably mentored / tutored? Yeah.

Is what he did narcissistic? I don't think so.

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance.
Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration.
Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it.

Those are some traits. I am certainly not professionally qualified to comment, but I observe these tendencies in his actions, and not just on this occasion. He's 26 and still acts like an immature self centered and entitled person IMO. Just really dislike this because it puts attention on him, rather than what LSU did, for a brief moment. There were other LSU alumns there that night, and tons of former players who celebrated without drawing the attention to themselves. OBJ was the only one. It's just another reason, I suppose, that I won't roster him anymore. His production isn't that great these days, and he's really hard to like, for me. Anyone, we all see it differently. I won't go on about it anymore. That's my opinion on it.