Should CMC be the MVP?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Should CMC be the MVP?

Postby _yeti » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:12 pm

I think it was Chris Colinsworth calling the Vikes 49ers game and he said if you are talking about who is the most valuable player to their team, that it might be George Kittle. WHAT?! A TE? Not a RB or QB? But they are insignificant side players just there to do the team's bidding but never get that type of credit! Them and every defensive player, OL, etc.!!!

CMC had an amazing year. But he stacked the stat sheet due to HOW BAD his team was. They never had a chance to compete this year and force fed him the ball to remain quazi-competitive in games. They have below average WRs and their QB was out for the year. Amazing year, deserves to be in the conversation... but just putting up stats isn't enough.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:14 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:12 pm I think it was Chris Colinsworth calling the Vikes 49ers game and he said if you are talking about who is the most valuable player to their team, that it might be George Kittle. WHAT?! A TE? Not a RB or QB? But they are insignificant side players just there to do the team's bidding but never get that type of credit! Them and every defensive player, OL, etc.!!!

CMC had an amazing year. But he stacked the stat sheet due to HOW BAD his team was. They never had a chance to compete this year and force fed him the ball to remain quazi-competitive in games. They have below average WRs and their QB was out for the year. Amazing year, deserves to be in the conversation... but just putting up stats isn't enough.
I think he said "Who was the most valuable non-QB on offense in the NFL this year?" And his answer was George Kittle, which considering how elite he is as a blocker on top of his high-level receiving skills, you could definitely make that case.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:14 pm
_yeti wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:12 pm I think it was Chris Colinsworth calling the Vikes 49ers game and he said if you are talking about who is the most valuable player to their team, that it might be George Kittle. WHAT?! A TE? Not a RB or QB? But they are insignificant side players just there to do the team's bidding but never get that type of credit! Them and every defensive player, OL, etc.!!!

I think he said "Who was the most valuable non-QB on offense in the NFL this year?" And his answer was George Kittle, which considering how elite he is as a blocker on top of his high-level receiving skills, you could definitely make that case.
Yeah that sounds right. I couldn't remember exactly what he said but it made me think of this thread right away. It also makes me think of having one MVP for the whole league is messed up. Just call it MVQB and call it a day.

Also, on a tangent I am still mad that there were weight limits on who could carry the ball in youth football so all the people who would be QB size when grown up had to be offensive lineman. I think I would have been a good quarterback but having never played it and being 6'3 in 9th grade, I was plugged right into TE. Similarly how all tall people play PF and C in basketball their whole youth so when they grow up they are 6'4 power forwards, the size of NBA guards. Stupid youth sports. But yeah, QB is all that matters in the NFL. They have changed all the rules more and more and more and more to make that very clear.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:52 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:36 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:14 pm

Yeah that sounds right. I couldn't remember exactly what he said but it made me think of this thread right away. It also makes me think of having one MVP for the whole league is messed up. Just call it MVQB and call it a day.

Also, on a tangent I am still mad that there were weight limits on who could carry the ball in youth football so all the people who would be QB size when grown up had to be offensive lineman. I think I would have been a good quarterback but having never played it and being 6'3 in 9th grade, I was plugged right into TE. Similarly how all tall people play PF and C in basketball their whole youth so when they grow up they are 6'4 power forwards, the size of NBA guards. Stupid youth sports. But yeah, QB is all that matters in the NFL. They have changed all the rules more and more and more and more to make that very clear.

hahaha i relate to this so much, always had to be our center in basketball, but if i ever wanted to actually try to take it anywhere i'd have to convert to guard and never trained to be anything other than a big man. (I say this like i'd even be close to playing at the next level lmao)
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones