The Era of the Scrambling QB!

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Re: The Era of the Scrambling QB!

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:12 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 pm That's what I was getting at. Teams have seen him now for 2 seasons. It's obviously not as easy as watching a little tape to figure out. Don't get me wrong, some teams will undoubtedly find a successful defense against him sooner or later, but he's set up for success in the near term.
Teams haven't seen this offense as currently constructed for 2 seasons though. This offense is still fresh. They saw Lamar, but this Ravens offense is significantly different than the final 8 games of last season. It also took the NFL about 2 years to figure out the Rams offense, but it happened.

I'm not saying Lamar won't have success or get better, but getting better as an NFL QB doesn't mean his stats will be better. I think this is the absolute apex of Lamar Jackson as a fantasy scorer. I'm just not sure how anybody can look at his fantasy scores this year and realistically think he is going to outscore that next year and the beyond.