Trade Deadline Watch

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1551
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Trade Deadline Watch

Postby Blueboy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:33 pm

With the NFL's trade deadline creeping up (Oct. 29, 4:00 EST), buzz is starting to accumulate. Last season we saw plenty of high-octane trades for fantasy, the Cowboys trading for Amari Cooper being the headliner. Golden Tate also went to the Eagles, the Pats traded for Flash Gordon, and Carlos Hyde's departure freed Nick Chubb.

Cooper and Chubb, in retrospect, were guys to buy low on before their respective situations changed. Arguably Gordon as well. Obviously we'd all like to get ahead of the game this time around.

Situations that I'm monitoring closely:
A.J. Green
Stefon Diggs
Jalen Ramsey
Trent Williams
Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Emmanual Sanders
OJ Howard (wishful thinking on my part?)
Kenyan Drake

12-team SF, PPR, TE Premium, 0.25 points per carry
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Murray, Mayfield, Haskins
RB: Guice, Penny, Love, J. Howard, Snell
WR: DJM, Metcalf, Hollywood, M. Williams, Isabella, T. Smith
TE: OJH, Hockenson, Hurst

2020 picks: 1.03, 1.07, 2.03, 3.06

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4282
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:21 am

Along the lines of Williams, P Peterson and Miller, other vets who could be on rebuilding/retooling rosters-
Emmanuel Sanders
Adrian Peterson
Tyler Eifert
Josh Norman

Atlanta's a tough nut- they're built to contend now but that defense looks like it needs to be addressed. 2nd most points allowed after week 5.

The big name I think we could see moved- Mike Evans. Imagine him opposite Julian Edelman.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/W, 1 R/T, 1 Def

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1551
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby Blueboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:17 am

Mike Evans is an interesting call. Browns also rumored to be shopping OBJ.

12-team SF, PPR, TE Premium, 0.25 points per carry
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Murray, Mayfield, Haskins
RB: Guice, Penny, Love, J. Howard, Snell
WR: DJM, Metcalf, Hollywood, M. Williams, Isabella, T. Smith
TE: OJH, Hockenson, Hurst

2020 picks: 1.03, 1.07, 2.03, 3.06

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:15 am

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby The Grudge » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:49 am

Blueboy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:17 am
Mike Evans is an interesting call. Browns also rumored to be shopping OBJ.
Whoa. Could you imagine? Trading away OBJ only months after you acquired him? Now that would turn the NFL up side down.
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Winston, Allan
RB: M. Gordon, David Johnson, Duke Johnson, Edmonds, Ekeler, J. Samuels, Singletary, Harris, J. Hill, D. Williams, TY Johnson, Laird
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin , Cooks, Diggs, Tyrell, Tre Smith, D. Hamilton, Slayton, A. Miller, P. Williams
TE: Kittle, Cook, Dwelley, Jonnu Smith, Hollister
K:
DE: Loannidis, Heyward
LB: Kuchely, Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Gerry, Williams, Connelly
DB: Bethea, Byard, Peters, Wilson

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1551
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby Blueboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:52 am

The Grudge wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:49 am
Blueboy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:17 am
Mike Evans is an interesting call. Browns also rumored to be shopping OBJ.
Whoa. Could you imagine? Trading away OBJ only months after you acquired him? Now that would turn the NFL up side down.
Have to imagine it won't happen, but yeah -- that would really solidify the idea that the Browns have returned to being a dysfunctional organization.

12-team SF, PPR, TE Premium, 0.25 points per carry
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Murray, Mayfield, Haskins
RB: Guice, Penny, Love, J. Howard, Snell
WR: DJM, Metcalf, Hollywood, M. Williams, Isabella, T. Smith
TE: OJH, Hockenson, Hurst

2020 picks: 1.03, 1.07, 2.03, 3.06

User avatar
thebeast
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5138
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:30 am

Blueboy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:52 am
The Grudge wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:49 am
Blueboy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:17 am
Mike Evans is an interesting call. Browns also rumored to be shopping OBJ.
Whoa. Could you imagine? Trading away OBJ only months after you acquired him? Now that would turn the NFL up side down.
Have to imagine it won't happen, but yeah -- that would really solidify the idea that the Browns have returned to being a dysfunctional organization.
Doesn't it depend on what they would be receiving?
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

remedy29
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:33 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby remedy29 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am

I can see Robby Anderson as potentially traded. The new Jets GM needs to decide if they want to sign him long term or not.
1qb (6pt TD), 2rb, 2wr, 2 flex, k, def
Minshew, Brissett, Cousins, Haskins, Lock, Luck
Chubb, Carson, Lindsay, D. Freeman, Damian Harris
C. Kupp, A. Jeffrey, E. Sanders, Robby Anderson, P. Campbell, Preston Wilson, A. Brown
E. Ebron, Knox, J. Reed
SF, Bills

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4282
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 pm

remedy29 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am
I can see Robby Anderson as potentially traded. The new Jets GM needs to decide if they want to sign him long term or not.
Good point,feeling a FA you've decided you won't retain, like G Tate last year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/W, 1 R/T, 1 Def

User avatar
sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:59 pm

He’s probably got an anti-trade clause or something built in to his contract, but i would look to move Eli is I was the Giants. Although not sure who the market would be right now, may need another big starter injury for a team to take him on.
Also not sure if anyone has Eifert on the watch list, or even cares. But imagine the value bump if he got traded to NE!
And how about an out of left field, never gonna happen dark horse- JuJu! Pittsburgh keeps losing and decides they shouldn’t have sold their 1st and want to replace it, so while staring down the barrel of a losing season and possibility of a big shake up this offseason they decide to trade their biggest blue chip and cash in.

User avatar
thebeast
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5138
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:14 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:59 pm
He’s probably got an anti-trade clause or something built in to his contract, but i would look to move Eli is I was the Giants. Although not sure who the market would be right now, may need another big starter injury for a team to take him on.
Also not sure if anyone has Eifert on the watch list, or even cares. But imagine the value bump if he got traded to NE!
And how about an out of left field, never gonna happen dark horse- JuJu! Pittsburgh keeps losing and decides they shouldn’t have sold their 1st and want to replace it, so while staring down the barrel of a losing season and possibility of a big shake up this offseason they decide to trade their biggest blue chip and cash in.
You are correct, Eli has a no trade clause. But interestingly I think a destination for him might be the other team you mentioned, The Steelers. The Steelers traded their first for defense so they are in it to win it this year, would a 5th net them Eli?
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

User avatar
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4246
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 pm

thebeast wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:14 pm
sugbear65 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:59 pm
He’s probably got an anti-trade clause or something built in to his contract, but i would look to move Eli is I was the Giants. Although not sure who the market would be right now, may need another big starter injury for a team to take him on.
Also not sure if anyone has Eifert on the watch list, or even cares. But imagine the value bump if he got traded to NE!
And how about an out of left field, never gonna happen dark horse- JuJu! Pittsburgh keeps losing and decides they shouldn’t have sold their 1st and want to replace it, so while staring down the barrel of a losing season and possibility of a big shake up this offseason they decide to trade their biggest blue chip and cash in.
You are correct, Eli has a no trade clause. But interestingly I think a destination for him might be the other team you mentioned, The Steelers. The Steelers traded their first for defense so they are in it to win it this year, would a 5th net them Eli?
I’d bet the Giants would take a 5th easy if Eli would play the trade. Might take a 6th
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold, D. Jones
RB: Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, D. Henderson, Bernard, M. Brown, J. Jackson
WR: Julio, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald
IR: B. Love

Online
User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8546
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:45 am

Basically a week left until the trade deadline.

Personally I was not expecting the Sanu trade - but perhaps I should have been since there were enough signs that the Falcons were going to move a few players.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4091
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:05 am

We all knew Patriots would add someone to their receiver core, the surprising thing was it being Sanu (a lot of people were calling out Emmanuel Sanders) and the price. A 2nd is an interesting one. I feel there's equally talented players out there available for 3rds, or better players available for something like a 2nd and future 4th
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, (a TE2 can flex for RB3 or WR3), 1D, 1K
2019: 5th place :wall:
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram,Devonta Freeman, Damien Williams, Hyde
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Juju Smith Jarvis Landry, T Boyd, G Tate, D Slayton, A Miller, T
TE: George Kittle, Rudolph, V McDonald, Dwelley
D/K: Vikings, Patriots, Titans, Jax Siebert CLE
Taxi- D Henderson, A Mattison, B Snell
picks- 2020 1.05, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06 5 2021- 1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
Threepeat Champs 8-)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Haskins
RB: CMC, D Cook, Kamara, D Henry, Gurley, T Cohen, Yeldon, P Barber, M Brown, Riddick,
WR:Hopkins, Diggs, Golloday, Edelman, Arob, Fuller, Westbrook, Hurns, Wright, Dorsett, Higgins, T Patrick, M Harris
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Dissly, Legget
Taxi-
picks- 2020- 0 2021- 3,4,5

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3303
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:08 am

Here are my predictions:
-Emmanuel Sanders gets traded to SF for a 3rd (Denver probably has to add a 6th)
-Trent Williams will NOT be traded because....well, it's Washington. If they do get their head out of their @$$, they trade him to Cleveland for (2) 2nds
-Chris Harris gets traded to Philadelphia for a 3rd
-K. Drake gets traded to Seattle for a 5th (or perhaps a Penny swap)

Bold prediction: Patrick Peterson gets traded to either Philadelphia (if they don't get Harris) or Kansas City

Boldest prediction: David Johnson gets traded to the Bucaneers (hey, a DJ / Edmonds dynasty owner can dream, right?)
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: K. Murray, B. Mayfield, K. Cousins, D. Lock
RB: M. Mack, P. Lindsay, D. Johnson, C. Edmonds, T. Pollard, B. Scott, G. Bernard, D. Thompson
WR: C. Godwin, O. Beckham Jr., K. Allen, A. Robinson, C. Kirk, Di. Johnson, Z. Pascal, J. Kumerow
TE: E. Engram, D. Waller, I. Smith Jr., J. Hollister

2020 Picks: 1.04 / 1.05 / 3.07 / 3.08 / 4.06
2021 Picks: (2x) 1, 3, 4

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4282
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Trade Deadline Watch

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:49 am

ArrylT wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:45 am
Basically a week left until the trade deadline.

Personally I was not expecting the Sanu trade - but perhaps I should have been since there were enough signs that the Falcons were going to move a few players.
This point is directly related to this trade and other possibilities- the Patriots are now over the cap, so a trade will need to clear room. One of the reasons the Falcons did the trade was to clear cap. They may need to clear more room.

One possibility I read was NE trading Michael Bennett. They signed him with the intent of being a 4-3 but the play of Van Noy and Shelton led them to go 3-4, and he's not a good match for that scheme.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/W, 1 R/T, 1 Def


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest