Dak turns down 30M per year, wants 40M?? If true, time to let him walk

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Re: Dak turns down 30M per year, wants 40M?? If true, time to let him walk

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:52 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:44 pm There has been lots of talk (on here and elsewhere) about someone trading their QB instead of paying them and drafting a new one. If Dak is firm in that 40 million price tag we may all get a look at that strategy soon.
I highly doubt we'll see this scenario. The Cowboys have recent history of finding out how hard it is finding a QB. Anyone remember Brandon Weeden taken in the first round? How about a bit further back after Troy Aikman? Anyone remember second round pick Quincy Carter? Or how the Cowboys 2 years later got into a bidding war for the services of Chad Hutchinson? Then you had stop gap greats in Drew Bledsoe & Vinny Testaverde until the Boys finally hit on undrafted Romo. I think Jerruh is pretty aware how hard it is to find even a serviceable QB. But this is the Boys so I could be wrong.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:55 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:52 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:44 pm There has been lots of talk (on here and elsewhere) about someone trading their QB instead of paying them and drafting a new one. If Dak is firm in that 40 million price tag we may all get a look at that strategy soon.
I highly doubt we'll see this scenario. The Cowboys have recent history of finding out how hard it is finding a QB. Anyone remember Brandon Weeden taken in the first round? How about a bit further back after Troy Aikman? Anyone remember second round pick Quincy Carter? Or how the Cowboys 2 years later got into a bidding war for the services of Chad Hutchinson? Then you had stop gap greats in Drew Bledsoe & Vinny Testaverde until the Boys finally hit on undrafted Romo. I think Jerruh is pretty aware how hard it is to find even a serviceable QB. But this is the Boys so I could be wrong.
He's better off moving on from Dak as opposed to paying him 40 million annually. If Dak actually wants 40 a year, nobody would trade for him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Maybe he just wants to be tagged? Taking the Cousins path?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:02 pm

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=183909

There was an interesting discussion (that got locked) in the NFL Discussion forum about QB salaries if anyone wishes to review.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Huh wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:54 pm Zeke is going to holdout for multiple years, dak will be outright released and replaced with carr after the raiders cut him the day after amari signs his extension. Amari is sad.
What are you talking about. Once Dak’s contract runs out, Johnny Football will have rehabilitated his career and come riding to the rescue.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:53 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:47 pm
Huh wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:54 pm Zeke is going to holdout for multiple years, dak will be outright released and replaced with carr after the raiders cut him the day after amari signs his extension. Amari is sad.
What are you talking about. Once Dak’s contract runs out, Johnny Football will have rehabilitated his career and come riding to the rescue.
I am going to freak out if this actually comes to pass. :surprised: :wtf: :shifty:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Can someone tell me Dak's numbers pre and post Cooper arrival? Because I know that Coop arriving did wonders for everyone.