Kareem Hunt bar incident, pushing/shoving, cops talked to him. No charges or even police report filed

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:08 pm

Idiot players will always be idiot players.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:30 pm

As a Chubb owner this looks good for his long term prospects.
As a Hunt owner *face palm*.

Some players just waste their opportunities.

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm

I was actually there that night. Not only did I see him, I had the table across from him, as I’m a frequent Barley House goer. The guy was messed up. He got into an altercation with one of his “friends” from the table, it wasn’t too heated, light physical contact. It continued out of the bar and didn’t settle until a cop had to step in. Both walked away. Nothing to see here, except the fact Hunt is still abusing alcohol and doesn’t have good judgement. We kinda knew this.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:13 pm

TampaBay216 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm I was actually there that night. Not only did I see him, I had the table across from him, as I’m a frequent Barley House goer. The guy was messed up. He got into an altercation with one of his “friends” from the table, it wasn’t too heated, light physical contact. It continued out of the bar and didn’t settle until a cop had to step in. Both walked away. Nothing to see here, except the fact Hunt is still abusing alcohol and doesn’t have good judgement. We kinda knew this.
So it doesnt appear his alcohol abuse treatment or his anger management is having the turn around the Brown's hoped for. Big surprise. The guy didn't appear the least bit sorry when he did that interview after the Chiefs cut him. Almost an amused "dang they got me this time" look. Sucks but hes Josh Gordon 2.0 except instead of just hurting himself with drugs he hurts other people. Hes a ticking time bomb.

#InbeforeHuntfanboystakethreadover

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:21 pm

Can we get to the season already?
So much ado over nothing this off season

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:30 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:21 pm Can we get to the season already?
So much ado over nothing this off season
Cheer up - in less than 6 months we get to start the whole cycle all over again. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:00 pm

Much ado about nothing? Multiple star players getting involved in off the field stuff this off season, which could lead to suspension. It's hardly nothing. We don't know what the "zero tolerance" the Browns had in place was, for Hunt. If they found out he was drunk at the bar, which appears to be the case, they could end up releasing him when they get the details. We really don't know. I agree that football would be great, but 3 star players have been involved, to varying degrees, in off field issues.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:08 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:13 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:46 amI've said it before and I'll say it again. Hunt doesn't have a problem with domestic violence. Hunt has a problem with drinking and getting aggressive.

Guy needs to give up alcohol to save his career. If this stuff is true, this is his 4th drunken altercation in the last year and a half.
I thought it was weird that the Chiefs gave up Hunt so quickly and easily, but hung onto Tyreek Hill. I understand the video had something to do with it, but to me the video wasn't career-ending, and the fact that he ended up in Cleveland not long after proved that.

Now it makes sense and I think you're 100% right. Substance abuse is a death-sentence when it comes to pro sports athletes. The Chiefs knew he was headed down the path of no return and combined with the altercation, knew he'd be too much of a headache.
maybe that's also why they haven't kicked Duke to the curb yet that and... uh.. no big offers yet.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:10 pm

TampaBay216 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm I was actually there that night. Not only did I see him, I had the table across from him, as I’m a frequent Barley House goer. The guy was messed up. He got into an altercation with one of his “friends” from the table, it wasn’t too heated, light physical contact. It continued out of the bar and didn’t settle until a cop had to step in. Both walked away. Nothing to see here, except the fact Hunt is still abusing alcohol and doesn’t have good judgement. We kinda knew this.
Wow. Were any witnesses questioned.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Just watched TMZ’s report and coverage of what happened. It was more negative than I thought it was going to be. The cops witness stuff outside of the club. Best case for Hunt is it was just horseplay. It’s just looks real bad that Hunt is out drinking, getting the police involved, when he has been going to counseling for his alcohol and anger issues.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:11 pm

usps33 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:53 pm Just watched TMZ’s report and coverage of what happened. It was more negative than I thought it was going to be. The cops witness stuff outside of the club. Best case for Hunt is it was just horseplay. It’s just looks real bad that Hunt is out drinking, getting the police involved, when he has been going to counseling for his alcohol and anger issues.
Agreed.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:10 pm
About what? What their favorite drink was? There was no potential crime to investigate.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:42 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 am
About what? What their favorite drink was? There was no potential crime to investigate.
Sometimes cops question people to see what happened because there may have been a crime committed. That's all I meant. So there actually was a "potential" crime. That's why cops stop and question people, usually. Turns out there wasn't a crime, but there was a potential crime as you put it, at the time the cops were there. The Cops were obviously questioning Hunt. I was wondering if anyone else was questioned. Details are still sketchy. I'm guessing Hunt's favourite drink wasn't a tonic water, though.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:42 am

Sometimes cops question people to see what happened because there may have been a crime committed. That's all I meant. So there actually was a "potential" crime. That's why cops stop and question people, usually. Turns out there wasn't a crime, but there was a potential crime as you put it, at the time the cops were there. The Cops were obviously questioning Hunt. I was wondering if anyone else was questioned. Details are still sketchy. I'm guessing Hunt's favourite drink wasn't a tonic water, though.
Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:10 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:42 am

Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.
Watch cops or live PD sometime. Cops question witnesses all the time when they have to get involved in a drunken argument. Even if no crime was committed they still ask some questions just to confirm no crime was committed. Questioning people doesn't mean they have to start some big ongoing investigation.