KC Chiefs win projection

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!

How many games do you expect the Chiefs to win in 2019?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:48 pm

0-2
2%
3-5
2%
6-8
9%
9-11
59%
12-14
27%
15-16
2%

Total votes: 66

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: KC Chiefs win projection

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:51 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:09 am Responding to a few KC doubt points

1. Justin Houston isn’t good anymore so Clark really only needs to replace Ford in a new system.

2. Berry was never on the field so Matthieu is a big improvement on defense

Not sayin the defense will be good, but it could be better.

3. Losing Mitch Morse is a valid concern.

4. Mahomes isn’t bound to regress, just his stats. Just because he might have fewer TDS/yards doesn’t mean he can’t play at a similar level or better with more experience, thus helping the team win games.

This team was several singular plays away from being in the Super Bowl and beating the undermanned Rams. Now people are talking like they won’t make the playoffs do to a few personnel changes and apparently last year’s MVP sucks
literally nobody said mahomes sucks. everyone has said hes very good just his numbers are bound to regress. keep trying to construe what ppl write for your own agenda though, its cool
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:29 am

Lol, you just used the word agenda when talking about football. Didn’t realize we were getting Day time news political in here. Not all too concerned what you think about the Chiefs or Mahomes
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:26 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:09 am Responding to a few KC doubt points

1. Justin Houston isn’t good anymore so Clark really only needs to replace Ford in a new system.

2. Berry was never on the field so Matthieu is a big improvement on defense

Not sayin the defense will be good, but it could be better.

3. Losing Mitch Morse is a valid concern.

4. Mahomes isn’t bound to regress, just his stats. Just because he might have fewer TDS/yards doesn’t mean he can’t play at a similar level or better with more experience, thus helping the team win games.

This team was several singular plays away from being in the Super Bowl and beating the undermanned Rams. Now people are talking like they won’t make the playoffs do to a few personnel changes and apparently last year’s MVP sucks
Houston's a situational rusher who is still useful in the run game. He's not an elite pass rusher, but asking him to cover for loss of both Ford's and Houston's pass rushing and Houston's run defense is asking too much from Clark. I won't even mention the off field stuff, but that could take him off the field.

Mathieu is an upgrade on Berry- availability is the most important ability.

I think this defense will struggle to meat its performance from last year. I see a team that lost both pass and run defense. Teams will walk them down the field like you walk your dog.

I know I've been pushing the Mahomes angle, but I don't think the statistical regression would be driven by weaknesses in his game but rather in the roster. I think the chances he turns out to be a pumpkin are too slim to be worth mentioning.

I wonder what close calls got the Chiefs INTO the playoffs...
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:35 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:26 pm I think this defense will struggle to meat its performance from last year. I see a team that lost both pass and run defense. Teams will walk them down the field like you walk your dog.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meat jokes aside, this comment is so clueless I can't even begin to dissect it. You realize even with the MASSIVE changes they've made, if they were to finish #31 or #32 ... THAT'D BE SAME OL SAME OL.

Trust me, the defense will not be any worse. I will wager anything on that.

Most who actually know what they're talking about when it comes to the Chiefs expect the offense to regress a bit (duh) and the defense to improve a bit (also kinda duh - it's hard to be worse).

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:54 am

You can still rank 31st but allow MORE points and yards though.
;)

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:07 am

The move away from Sutton as DC alone should yield some improvement for KC, if only because the unit last year no longer had the right players for Sutton's preference for aggressive pass-rushing and ball-hawking. The talent on the unit KC had last year needed to be more conservative, but Sutton is another one of those coordinators that won't adapt his playcalling according to the players he actually has at his disposal.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Ironmagz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Ironmagz » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:17 am

I'd say if the D is the same or worse this year then Mahomes will have as good of a year as last (within reason). As he will need to perform magic again to stay in the games.

If the D is better Mahomes won't need to do as much and will surely regress.

Personally I think the D will be better this year and I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they will be middle of the pack instead of down around number what 31-32?

Mahomes is "that" good and will light up defenses again. I called it on these boards last year about this time that the Chiefs would be basically unstoppable. Look it up....

Now, you give us a bit more defense, like holding teams to under 25 points most weeks and we won't lose many games....
10 Team - 12 player keeper - Half point PPR - Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF and (1) FLEX RB/WR/TE
22 man roster (24 w/IR); 6pt all TD's; 4pt bonus for the following @ 300yds pass, 100yds rush, 100yds rec, 60yds receiving TE's.

My roster: bold indicates my intended keepers so far
Wentz, Rivers, Luck
Chubb, Gurley, Mixon, D.Montgomery, Mostert, M.Sanders
Kennan Allen, Corey Davis, M.Evans, M.Hardman, Diontae Johnson, C.Kirk, Hunter Renfrow, Preston Williams
Evan Engram, Njoku, Higbee
Succop
Browns D