Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Ezekiel Elliott's girlfriend alleges domestic abuse

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:26 am

Ezekiel Elliott's Girlfriend Posts Photos Of Bruises, Claims She's A Victim Of Domestic Violence
A woman named Tiffany Thompson, who is known to be Dallas Cowboys rookie Ezekiel Elliott’s girlfriend, just posted photos on her Instagram account showing bruises that she alleges are the result of domestic abuse.

Thompson does not specifically accuse Elliott of abusing her in the caption on the first set of photos, but directed the second set of photos at his Instagram handle.
ETA: I thought I'd try to take a light hand on this one, but it didn't take long for speculation and other nonsense to overtake the thread. I had to delete some of my own posts too because they were off topic. You know the drill: facts and fantasy football thoughts only.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ezekiel Elliott's girlfriend alleges domestic abuse

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:27 am

Update (10:20 a.m.): TMZ is reporting that they have obtained a copy of a police report detailing Elliott’s alleged assault of Thompson. According to the report, Elliott allegedly attacked Thompson while she was sitting the driver’s seat of her parked car. The report states that Elliott was not arrested due to conflicting reports from witnesses, but that Thompson was referred to the prosecutor’s office.
Not arrested.
Last edited by Phaded on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:49 am

From The Big Lede:
According to TMZ, the accuser filed a report with Columbus Police Friday morning after an alleged incident in a parked vehicle, but no arrest was made. Via TMZ:

The officers who responded to the scene say the woman claims she had pain in her wrist and a red mark — but declined medical treatment. The woman later posted photos on social media of what she claims are her injuries. She claimed it was not the first altercation with Elliott.

A person in Elliott’s agent’s office told TMZ, “I can assure you [the allegations] are not true.”

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:51 am

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been named a suspect in a domestic violence police report obtained by TMZ Sports ... but the 21-year-old has DENIED any wrongdoing and was NOT arrested.

The female accuser filed a report with the Columbus PD in Ohio Friday morning ... saying she was assaulted by Elliott -- who she claims is her former live-in boyfriend -- while sitting in the driver's seat of her parked vehicle.

The officers who responded to the scene say the woman claims she had pain in her wrist and a red mark -- but declined medical treatment.

Cops contacted Elliott -- who denied striking the woman. He also said he never lived with her.

In the report, cops list the accuser as a 20-year-old woman -- 5'5", 120 lbs. Elliott is listed at 6'0", 225 lbs.

According to the report, cops also spoke with 4 witnesses -- but they all told cops they didn't see an assault. One of the witnesses was in the car at the time of the alleged incident.

Due to the conflicting reports, Elliott was NOT arrested -- but the accuser was referred to the prosecutor's office ... if she wants to try to press charges.

We reached out to Elliott's camp -- one person in his agent's office told us, "I can assure you [the allegations] are not true."

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:09 am

The photos that she posted all show her in different clothing.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 am

Clarence Hill‏@clarencehilljr

Per police report, Ezekiel Elliott said the bruises to his gf came as a result of a bar fight with another woman

Mike Leslie‏@MikeLeslieWFAA

High-ranking #Cowboys source says that Ezekiel Elliott has messages saved on his phone proving his ex-girlfriend is trying to set him up.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:54 am

Say there is a rookie draft tonight. Someone with the 1.01 offers it for a slightly below value price. Or you have the 1.01 and someone offers you a slightly below value price. Which side do you take? Is this the last chance to get Elliott or is this the chance to get out before his value tanks?

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:57 am

Clarence Hill ✔ @clarencehilljr
Per a source, Elliott broke off the relationship and alleged victim said she would ruin him if he did. Thus the accusations
11:37 AM - 22 Jul 2016

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:06 am

theone wrote:Say there is a rookie draft tonight. Someone with the 1.01 offers it for a slightly below value price. Or you have the 1.01 and someone offers you a slightly below value price. Which side do you take? Is this the last chance to get Elliott or is this the chance to get out before his value tanks?

You take Zeke. Nothing has changed as far as I am concerned.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

DecafMaverick
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DecafMaverick » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:34 am

Too much moderation.
10-tm, PPR/Tackle Heavy, 53-man rosters
2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 3DL, 3LB, 3DB, 2DP (DL, LB, DB)

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:05 pm

DecafMaverick wrote:Too much moderation.
This is either (1) a fair criticism; (2) a clever joke; or (3) both.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:23 pm

The one thing I said along the EE hype is that I felt the maturity issues were being completely overlooked by most, which surprised me. Granted, they are minor this far (depending on how this actually shakes out), but throwing his coach under the bus on national tv after a loss, and more because his 100-yard game streak had just been snapped, was a semi red-flag for me. Obviously tons of players love their stats and say dumb things after losses, but the fact his price was where it was/is at and not too many were at all worried about these character concerns (again, slight or not), somewhat surprised me. That and the whole ecstasy thing in college had to at least concern some, I thought. I still think if the Boys struggle, Romo inevitably gets hurt, and his stats suffer, he could easily implode. He is a kid still, young adult, whatever, but like so many ahletes likes might struggle in this facet. Just my take. I know that will really offend some of his friends, I mean, fantasy owners.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:40 pm

But wasn't this board also overanalyzing the "maturity" issues that Jameis Winston had at this time last year?

Given - he has only gone through one year of his pro career but he seems to have put those concerns to bed thus far.

I see no reason Zeke cannot overcome those "issues" as well.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:08 pm

Oh for sure Jameis and his concerns were well-discussed, but he also was not being elected to the Hall of Fame prior to stepping on the field either, by most. Or being drafted in the first round of start ups. I think it's valid to think about since most are entertainers, as opposed to say, doctors, for a reason. I still think he will be a good player, regardless. But as fas as HOF caliber/superstar right out the gate, it's a combo of talent and mental capacity. Not saying he is a terrible person or anything, but he seems kind of like he will be a Cam Newton type of personality, which sure as heck worked out for Cam. Tough to say until it plays out for a year or two.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Couple things lead me to think this will blow over... obviously this is a very serious allegation so I'm not meaning to make light of that with this post.
1 - EX girlfriend. Could be trying to game something.
2 - Her reporting of the incident, she was apparently calm
3 - Not arrested, cops referred her to prosecutor's office.
4 - Multiple witnesses dispute claim, including person in drivers seat of car.
5 - Texts on his phone show her saying she would set him up after a break-up.
6 - Cowboys on are Zeke's side. Don't think they'd do this if they weren't confident due to potential firestorm.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb