Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed May 22, 2019 7:53 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:28 pm Agreed. And there needs to be a value loss(in dynasty) for Zeke because he has used a strike or two already. Just like Hunt, and Tyreek if he returns, or Flash last year, etc.

That should get baked into his value, and if some naive owners don’t want to realize this fact then sell them Zeke at his inflated price of a top 3 dynasty asset.
I agree that this is a red flag in that it could be an indication of higher chance of possible incidents down the line. However, realistically, how much does this hurt Zeke's dynasty value?

He's still a locked-in elite dynasty RB. Maybe you move him down slightly in that top tier from RB2 to RB4 and elevate McCaffrey and Kamara over him. Maybe now you break the tie in favor of Beckham or Hopkins in a startup draft. I don't see anyone moving Zeke down further than that in their rankings though due to this video.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed May 22, 2019 8:00 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:53 am
FantasyDumDum wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:28 pm Agreed. And there needs to be a value loss(in dynasty) for Zeke because he has used a strike or two already. Just like Hunt, and Tyreek if he returns, or Flash last year, etc.

That should get baked into his value, and if some naive owners don’t want to realize this fact then sell them Zeke at his inflated price of a top 3 dynasty asset.
I agree that this is a red flag in that it could be an indication of higher chance of possible incidents down the line. However, realistically, how much does this hurt Zeke's dynasty value?

He's still a locked-in elite dynasty RB. Maybe you move him down slightly in that top tier from RB2 to RB4 and elevate McCaffrey and Kamara over him. Maybe now you break the tie in favor of Beckham or Hopkins in a startup draft. I don't see anyone moving Zeke down further than that in their rankings though due to this video.

Yeah, this doesn't really change his value one bit. Everybody already knew that Zeke was full of red flags, so the type of person that accounts for that already had Zeke discounted and probably doesn't own him wouldn't have traded for him for full value. The type of person that doesn't care about the red flags isn't changing their opinion and will still pay full value. It's really a nothing story other than to confirm what we already knew about him yet again.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:49 am Basically the title says it all. I think the Cowboys extend Dak and Coop, and go the Bell route with Elliott. They would be stupid to give this guy a ton of guaranteed money. Something just not right with the guy, mentally. A possible investigation looming, at this point, I think.
They're gonna pay him. If there's one thing Jerry Jones is good at, it's overpaying his players and blowing his money.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed May 22, 2019 10:07 am

Yes this most certainly impacts his value. Why? because we are talking dynasty folks. Running back career spans are notoriously short the way it is. How can one pound their fist on the table and say they will stay away from an otherwise talented and productive rb with a degenerative knee issue that will shorten a career and yet be completely un effected by reports, video and a history of stupid behavior? they are essentially the same damb thing.... Don't ignore off the field behavior. The Cowboys / Jerry Jones - Not the smartest imo,..... Because they have faith in him and are willing to over pay him, That doesn't mean there is fewer concerns about his juvenile behavior that will eventually cost him more games. I own zero shares of Zeke. I think he is a punk and even though I respect his ability, I'm not a fan of what I know of his character. He likely isn't a bad human, he is just a young very rich and famous athlete. It is often times a toxic combination. He just needs to stay home.... But, I digress - He is talented and runs behind a good o-line. Im sure if he is on the field and healthy that he can and will put up top 5 rb production. Problem is - He is a ticking time bomb and if you are comfortable putting your eggs in that basket, go for it. Not for me. I was actually considering an offer for him in one league. I've moved on. :nono:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed May 22, 2019 10:44 am

DelawareRiverEagles wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:49 am Basically the title says it all. I think the Cowboys extend Dak and Coop, and go the Bell route with Elliott. They would be stupid to give this guy a ton of guaranteed money. Something just not right with the guy, mentally. A possible investigation looming, at this point, I think.
They're gonna pay him. If there's one thing Jerry Jones is good at, it's overpaying his players and blowing his money.
Even though some may write it off as division trash talking, maybe the truest comment in this thread.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed May 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Lmao we play a game and all of sudden we know everything this is too know about everything .. who cares as long as he scores pints and wins you money . Some won’t own a guy cause he sucks aT really life lmao .. who cares it’s not like we are paying the dumb azz or any of them .. let’s cure the worlds problems with fantasy football
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:44 am
DelawareRiverEagles wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 am
Even though some may write it off as division trash talking, maybe the truest comment in this thread.
Jones certainly has money to blow I guess. When he bought the franchise it was nearly broke and today it's the most valuable sports franchise in the world.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Thu May 23, 2019 6:34 am

Tvols wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:03 pm Lmao we play a game and all of sudden we know everything this is too know about everything .. who cares as long as he scores pints and wins you money . Some won’t own a guy cause he sucks aT really life lmao .. who cares it’s not like we are paying the dumb azz or any of them .. let’s cure the worlds problems with fantasy football
???
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 23, 2019 7:22 am

Tvols wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:03 pm Lmao we play a game and all of sudden we know everything this is too know about everything .. who cares as long as he scores pints and wins you money . Some won’t own a guy cause he sucks aT really life lmao .. who cares it’s not like we are paying the dumb azz or any of them .. let’s cure the worlds problems with fantasy football
FF is supposed to be fun. If I can't stand a guy, because he's a terrible human being, I don't want to cheer for him, (like Tyreek,) so I don't roster him. Nobody is talking about curing the world's problems. This statement is clueless.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 am

Tvols wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:03 pm Lmao we play a game and all of sudden we know everything this is too know about everything .. who cares as long as he scores pints and wins you money .
i can't score too many pints cos i have a peanut-sized bladder.
:(

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri May 24, 2019 6:19 am

lmao good one... I just love how many in this forum are so judgemental on chit they know little about. Its not like anyone here actually gives a crap what happens to Zeke.. You worried about what he does to a dang fantasy team and I read half this crap and make me want to puke..If you dont wanna own guy thats great but being so judgemental when you dont know the guy or anything about him well is pathetic.
Because a guy is not just like you he is wrong a loser pos or whatever.. You key board warriors due keep it entertaining..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:50 am

Ok Google... Translate to english

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri May 24, 2019 9:39 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:50 am Ok Google... Translate to english
Google works well :thumbup:
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 24, 2019 9:49 am

Tvols wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:19 am lmao good one... I just love how many in this forum are so judgemental on chit they know little about. Its not like anyone here actually gives a crap what happens to Zeke.. You worried about what he does to a dang fantasy team and I read half this crap and make me want to puke..If you dont wanna own guy thats great but being so judgemental when you dont know the guy or anything about him well is pathetic.
Because a guy is not just like you he is wrong a loser pos or whatever.. You key board warriors due keep it entertaining..
You're the one that's being combative. Classic trolling. Calling people's actions pathetic when you really don't know them, or the total background of their decisions is grade A hypocrisy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri May 24, 2019 9:53 am

Tvols wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:19 am lmao good one... I just love how many in this forum are so judgemental on chit they know little about. Its not like anyone here actually gives a crap what happens to Zeke.. You worried about what he does to a dang fantasy team and I read half this crap and make me want to puke..If you dont wanna own guy thats great but being so judgemental when you dont know the guy or anything about him well is pathetic.
???
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4