Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Postby Lumps » Mon May 20, 2019 8:16 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 pm What athlete do you feel comfortable with owning either in fantasy or IRL stumbling around angrily drunk fighting with his girlfriend and getting aggressive towards security guards in public on camera? Let’s keep in mind this athlete is in one of the most replaceable positions in their sport and has had run ins with the law about a half dozen other times across 4 states and has been suspended in the league he plays in for this type of behavior in the past.
Are you trying to buy Zeke? I was, in general with you, before.... but I'm sliding to like... my own side in this discussion now. Neither in your court nor Phaded's.

I don't think he was angrily fighting with anyone. He looked like he was under the influence in one or more ways. Got in someone's face and acted aggressive.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 pm

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 135215.htm

This research suggests that alcohol does not make you more aggressive - it merely decreases your ability to think of future consequences. Ergo Zeke was aggressive not because he was drunk, but because being drunk, he did not recall that being aggressive in public could lead to negative consequences.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 pm https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 135215.htm

This research suggests that alcohol does not make you more aggressive - it merely decreases your ability to think of future consequences. Ergo Zeke was aggressive not because he was drunk, but because being drunk, he did not recall that being aggressive in public could lead to negative consequences.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 pm

This is yet another red flag on Zeke. To think otherwise shows a lack of understanding regarding the revised NFL Personal Conduct Policy. Zeke already has a strike against him under the policy and any further violation would result in at least a year ban. Any sensible player would realize any further trouble could be devastating to his career, yet Zeke seems oblivious. Do I think he is going to get banned for this? No. But the behavior is extremely troubling if you are a Zeke owner. Rather than a ticking bomb, I would liken him to a sea mine :lol: . He can explode at any time if he comes in contact with the wrong situation. This time, the mine just brushed up against the ship, but next time it may hit....

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon May 20, 2019 9:00 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 pm https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 135215.htm

My personal research suggests alcohol increases aggressiveness.
;)
But on a more serious note; "research" can support any theory.

See, here it promotes aggression:
https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa38.htm

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon May 20, 2019 9:37 pm

I just flipped Gurley-Trey Burton for Zeke

Should I see if I can flip Zeke for a Barkley or CMC?

.5 PPR I’ve owned the dude about a week

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:00 pm

My personal research suggests alcohol increases aggressiveness.
;)
But on a more serious note; "research" can support any theory.

See, here it promotes aggression:
https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa38.htm
I think they are coming at it from different angles but saying similar things

Direct Effects of Alcohol. Alcohol may encourage aggression or violence by disrupting normal brain function. According to the disinhibition hypothesis, for example, alcohol weakens brain mechanisms that normally restrain impulsive behaviors, including inappropriate aggression (5). By impairing information processing, alcohol can also lead a person to misjudge social cues, thereby overreacting to a perceived threat (6). Simultaneously, a narrowing of attention may lead to an inaccurate assessment of the future risks of acting on an immediate violent impulse (7).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon May 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 pm "shoved a man to the ground.."

For those of you saying that; I encourage you to watch the video. The event staff clearly does his best soccer player impression.
this is simply bullsh*t. be pushed up against one of those fake guard rails, expecting to put some of your weight against it and then have a 235lb dude put a forearm in you and see if you can keep your balance.

Can anyone honestly tell me the difference between Chad Kelly and Zeke Elliott?

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon May 20, 2019 10:42 pm

I just want to highlight this:

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue May 21, 2019 12:16 am

Krypto_King wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:42 pm I just want to highlight this:

Well, if Elliott was a back up QB in Denver, he'd be dropped by now. But as it is, he's a star RB in Dallas where they are used to this kind of behavior. But yes, Elliott does have a drinking problem and I think that's a bigger issue than just bumping into a rent-a-cop.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue May 21, 2019 12:50 am

Zeke has had these issues going back to osu if not farther. There's an article out there somewhere reguarding bosa (zekes roomate) and the nfl continuously asking bosa about all the "issues" elliot has.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:45 am

The incident itself isn't a red flag, but it reminds you that there are red flags with this player. Sometimes we forget about incidents over time. Zeke's past was starting to fade from memory as he's a top player. I thought 6 months ago, Tyreek was going to be fine also.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue May 21, 2019 4:10 am

Zeke is a prick. Or maybe he's bipolar or something? Who knows. But I think his misbehaviors are just tolerable enough that they won't prevent him from having a long NFL career, considering his talent.

Regardless, Stephen Jones is already saying this Vegas incident won't impact extension negotiations.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue May 21, 2019 4:21 am

What did the Ewok get on the Wunderlic? Its obvious he has some substance abuse issues and is a complete idiot when he is not sober, but he is far from the last person to exhibit those behaviors. I know he is far from a whiz kid, but is he just that immature and disrespectful? How has he not failed a drug test yet?
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue May 21, 2019 5:10 am

Krypto_King wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:42 pm I just want to highlight this:

The backup QB who broke into someone's house while incoherently under the influence of something, and then drove off? Just the backup part and the breaking and entering part and the driving under the influence part.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...