Share Your Best & Worst Selections from 2019 Draft

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Share Your Best & Worst Selections from 2019 Draft

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:18 am

With the NFL Draft now over I am created a thread for owners to share their favorite & least favorite selections.

There is however one caveat:

You cannot review your own teams selections. Only draft picks made by other NFL Teams.

IE as a Raiders fan I cannot talk about the Raiders draft.

Feel free to share as much or as little why you liked/disliked the selection.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Share Your Best & Worst Selections from 2019 Draft

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:20 am

Worst: NYG and QB Jones (too early, not sold on Jones, etc.)
Best: NEP and Harry (value, stud, has Brady)

Bears: Happy with Montgomery and Ridley, both great value where taken, AND need at RB.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:39 am

Most Favorite Selection: Daniel Jones at 1.06

Least Favorite Selection: Byron Cowart at 5.157

Why Jones:

I think we can all agree, most did not have Daniel Jones as the 2nd QB in the 2019 class. Whether from fantasy purposes, upside or even pro-ready, there were potentially better options. So why do I like it?

Because I admire the gumption it takes for a GM knowing that consensus & talking heads are going to roast you, not just for the selection, but for not moving down and taking him. Of course maybe there was smoke other teams might have taken him, but it seemed likely that Haskins or Lock could go ahead. But Gettleman, as much as we like to make fun of him, basically said F U to everyone and stuck with his guy. It takes a lot of guts & nerves to stand up to bullies. I am not saying the Giants or Gettleman are being bullied - but it does remind me sort of a school where everyone laughs at the odd ball for liking / doing something that no one else likes. They had to know the flack they were going to get, but they believe enough in their process to stick it through and I can respect that.

Finally perception can alter reality. If enough people in the Giants organization rally around Jones, and remember Eli Manning has gotten a lot of hate over the years so he's an ideal mentor for Daniel Jones in how to keep faith in yourself, then we could be looking back 3-4 years from now and wondering where did we go wrong. Whether it was the right pick or not, I respect the Giants for taking the pass less travelled.

Why Cowart:

I've been reading up on Cowart a fair amount, and he was a 5 star high school recruit, and his big mistake seems to be being loyal to the coach who recruited him. That coach switched schools, so Cowart did too. Then that coach left after a year, leaving Cowart in a system & with coaches who didnt have any need or interest in using Cowart. A couple of years ago Cowart would have gone UDFA and maybe even never considered for a UDFA signing. For many people, they could have given up. Cowart did not, and kept working at his skill set and taking whatever came his way, and rehabbed his value enough to become a 5th round draft grade.

So why do I hate this pick? Not because of the player or the story. Because it always seems like the Patriots are 1 step ahead of the rest of the league. This was a guy with a 5th round grade and a potential chip on his shoulder (ala Tom Brady) and who the Patriots got. That is why I hate it - because it is once again the rich getting richer. I cannot blame the Patriots for being as great as they are, or Cowart, but I can hate the fact that the rest of the league let this happen by not taking this potential gem.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:02 pm

I think hockenson for the lions is going to be a monster

He has a QB who knows how to score and a good run game for once. Hock will never have to leave the field and will get open a ton.

Least. Jones. Washington stole the best QB in the draft at 15
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon May 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Favorite pick: Andy Isabella

No real analysis here. I thought it was funny that he was the quintessential new england white slot receiver and the Pats appeared to get sniped 2 picks ahead, they immediately traded out after the pick was made.

Bonus Favorite pick: Cody Ford

Honorable mention for Cody Ford for 2 reasons 1) He's gonna be a beast in Buffalo and 2) I used to have a female coworker named Cody Ford who was exceptionally attractive and had a nice a$$ and I'll be reminded of her as long as this guy is in the league.

Least Favorite Pick: Josh Jacobs

Because Raiders did this, my favorite player Marshawn Lynch wound up retiring. They would have been fine at the position with him and could have filled 1 of many holes that still remain on the rest of the team, notably the pathetic defense. I thought Montez Sweat or Deandre Baker would have been better picks.

As for my 49ers, I wanted Greedy Williams in round 2. Secondary is a train wreck. Punter in round 4 was egregious. They did nothing that impressed me except for taking Bosa, I was pretty convinced they'd f*ck that up somehow.