Le'veon Bell is Eddie Lacy?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Le'veon Bell is Eddie Lacy?

Postby maxhyde » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:19 am

I don't always agree with JFever but I am with him here. PIT has traditionally been a string running football team and their fantasy stats have been great at multiple positions pretty consistently with Ben at QB save a a few mediocre years. So same applies to Brown for me.

Maybe he sat out all last year to catch up on smoking da weed and munching his way through the season. Anyway situation is important for RB. I think Bell is probably better than Lacy but at 230 Lacy was a pretty good RB...at 250+ he wasn't. Bell even @240+ isn't a guy I am buying with a lot of confidence before we know the team he lands with.

If it matters I own a few Bell shares too so not like I want him to suck...kinda counting on RB1 #'s
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:03 am

JFever wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:00 am
FantasyFootballShow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:02 pm I love that all this news is driving him down. The dude is gonna be a top 1-5RB this year, sign me up!
I wonder how one can be so sure. It certainly seems that if J.Conner can out produce L.Bell, or a least produce equal to Bell in the Pittsburgh system, that perhaps it is something to do with the system? Right? Top 1-5 is very rosy. I'm guessing there is a chance that you own a share of Bell.
I hear ya, but I think it's tough to say that Bell wouldn't have outproduced Conner's number had he had the chance during last season. It's not really apples to apples. Conner looked good, he was my No. 2 Bold Prediction last year (so he was my boy last year), but I can say with 100% confidence he is nowhere near Bell talent wise. He just isn't. Now, is that time past? That is an argument one can make. I do not think that will be the case, but whether or not he will still have it after a year off is debatable at least. But, I think Bell would have done more with that work Conner got. Also, I do not believe for a second Bell was 260.

To me, Bell, if a late first-round pick (and especially later, but he most likely will retain a 1st-round ADP), is one of the biggest bang for the buck type picks in the to 15 overall. I get the argument, I respect the counterpoints, but that's why we play this game and trying to be ahead of the curve (what I try to do, what we all try to do every single year) always faces medium-to-large push back. :geek:
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:10 am

Understandable take. I guess trying to answer the unanswerable is where we are at with saying something like you feel Bell would have done more than Conner did given the same work load and with all other variables in line. Thing is, that just isn't feasible and it isn't' reality. I recall seeing the production break down insinuating that Conner (when he was healthy) was outproducing Bell. Maybe I'm mis remembering that. Anyway, where do we stop with that kind of thinking? Bell could have just as well gotten hurt and missed games. Just as likely. But, I do understand what your saying about trying to be a head of the curve. To me, in certain situations it is much less to do with specific player's talent, rather, its how well does this peace or skill set fit with a larger scheme. And, for my money, I wouldn't bet on top 5 production on any other team even if Bell is 225 lb. It could happen, but, it seems more likely than not - to not happen.
Last edited by Jfever on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:11 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:04 am
FantasyFootballShow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:02 pm I love that all this news is driving him down. The dude is gonna be a top 1-5RB this year, sign me up!
I wonder how one can be so sure. It certainly seems that if J.Conner can out produce L.Bell, or a least produce equal to Bell in the Pittsburgh system, that perhaps it is something to do with the system? Right? Top 1-5 is very rosy. I'm guessing there is a chance that you own a share of Bell.
There's also a chance that bold takes get people to click on his link...

Smitty has been around for quite a few years now...if I remember correctly. He used to be one of the guys running (or just writing for maybe) fantasyfootballxtreme. Did that site go under?
I was pleasantly surprised to see you surface here, Smitty. I must have agreed with some of your takes enough to remember you when I saw the name. Been podcasting for a while now or just trying to jump start a new one?
Apologies if your podcast has been going for years and is wildly successful. There's a ton of content out there and we can't possibly keep up with all the personalities providing content.

Yes, sir. I never went away (I run SleeperU), but I stepped away from FFX to start another path, as I had partners later on and we had different directions we wanted to take the site. It went under a few years after. My Show is new but that's a branch off brand, I've been alive and well dropping the same old Bold Predictions for 15 years. I guess you didn't know where I went to :)

And, being bold isn't all you gotta do, you gotta land em :shock: Conner was one, Mahomes was the first written one ha. Should have seen em last year, the best ever year! Not here to promote, merely here to chat.

If you didn't see, Jeff Haverlack hung out on my 24-Hour-Straight (without a break minus speedy bathroom breaks) for a long time, did you guys get a chance to see that interview between he and I?
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow

FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 am

JFever wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:10 am Understandable take. I guess trying to answer the unanswerable is where we are at with saying something like you feel Bell would have done more than Conner did given the same work load and with all other variables in line. Thing is, that just isn't feasible and it isn't' reality. Bell could have just as well gotten hurt and missed games. Just as likely. But, I do understand what your saying about trying to be a head of the curve. To me, in certain situations it is much less to do with specific player's talent, rather, its how well does this peace or skill set fit with a larger scheme. And, for my money, I wouldn't bet on top 5 production on any other team even if Bell is 225 lb. It could happen, but, it seems more likely than not - to not happen.
I hear ya and respect what you are saying. And, won't fault anyone for staying clear. There are risks he gets hurt given the year off. That alone I get. But, you say not to count on top 5RB production... that's kinda my point, you don't have to count on it. At 8-12 overall draft value, you get top 5RB potential at late first-round value. The scale tips to more upside and less risk at that point. In my view. Again, it's for sure arguable.

My favorite auction look this year... Blow your money on three RBs like:
Zeke, Kamara and one of DJ or Bell
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 am

FantasyFootballShow wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:11 am

Smitty has been around for quite a few years now...if I remember correctly. He used to be one of the guys running (or just writing for maybe) fantasyfootballxtreme. Did that site go under?
I was pleasantly surprised to see you surface here, Smitty. I must have agreed with some of your takes enough to remember you when I saw the name. Been podcasting for a while now or just trying to jump start a new one?
Apologies if your podcast has been going for years and is wildly successful. There's a ton of content out there and we can't possibly keep up with all the personalities providing content.

Yes, sir. I never went away (I run SleeperU), but I stepped away from FFX to start another path, as I had partners later on and we had different directions we wanted to take the site. It went under a few years after. My Show is new but that's a branch off brand, I've been alive and well dropping the same old Bold Predictions for 15 years. I guess you didn't know where I went to :)

And, being bold isn't all you gotta do, you gotta land em :shock: Conner was one, Mahomes was the first written one ha. Should have seen em last year, the best ever year! Not here to promote, merely here to chat.

If you didn't see, Jeff Haverlack hung out on my 24-Hour-Straight (without a break minus speedy bathroom breaks) for a long time, did you guys get a chance to see that interview between he and I?
Haven't gotten around to watching it, no

FantasyFootballShow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFootballShow » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:57 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 am
FantasyFootballShow wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:11 am

Haven't gotten around to watching it, no
:shock:
- Smitty
SleeperU
TheFantasyFootballShow