Raiders Draft Hype, Rumors, And Picks Thread

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Raiders Draft Hype, Rumors, And Picks Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 pm

mild wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:08 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:37 pm Why do you have such a hate for the guy? There is absolutely no way Gruden should be judged on success or failure for another few years. He's starting a complete overhaul of a roster. We won't know until a year or two into their Vegas tenure if Gruden got it right.
Funny stuff! Hate would imply that this is in any way personal and biased. Its really not - I've given nothing but facts! These are all things that really happened!

"The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions, and expecting a different result."

We have seen Gruden run one franchise into the ground already. We have listened to him give objectively the least insightful broadcasts for the last decade-and-change. In Year 1, he took what appeared to be a pretty mid-talent roster, alienated and traded his two best players (who were then motivated to put up elite production on their new teams) and openly courted a QB controversy with his starter in the media. There were numerous other questionable moves. They won four games.

I agree that we will have to suspend a tiny sliver of judgement for the draft. But this is the same team that couldn't get production out of Amari Cooper, who now looks reborn in what we know is an extremely basic DAL offensive system. Why should I believe that any top-tier talent that arrives in Oakland is in safe hands for development with Chucky running the show?

And why does this extremely logical and fact-based breakdown of the situation mean that I'm a hater? I think we know. :wink:
But almost all of what you have stated is opinion, not fact. I mean, Mack produced better numbers in at least one of his seasons in Oakland. It's not like the Raiders trade made him better. Mack wanted too much money for the position, and the Raiders cap realities.

Also, Gruden took a team that Dungy couldn't get over the hump and won with it. People like to say it was Dungy's team he won with, ignoring the fact Callahan took the team he had turned into a contender with Davis in Oakland to the SB with his offense.

He was handcuffed because of the trade that sent him to TB for 2 years after, without a first or 2nd round pick in consecutive years, and had already taken on an aging roster. Sure he made, mistakes, but that's tough to get out from under.

Cooper was not playing well in Oakland. It had been going on well before Gruden got there, for about a year and a half before he got there, really. I don't know if it will work out, but I certainly won't pass judgment until he's had a few years to rebuild the team he wants, and then we shall see.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 pm I don't know if it will work out, but I certainly won't pass judgment until he's had a few years to rebuild the team he wants, and then we shall see.
OK boss. No problems here if you wanna suspend judgement for a few more years - heck, you've got 8 more of them anyway!

Also I just realised a Turco alt started this thread. What a fkn troll. :lol:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:41 pm

mild wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 pm I don't know if it will work out, but I certainly won't pass judgment until he's had a few years to rebuild the team he wants, and then we shall see.
OK boss. No problems here if you wanna suspend judgement for a few more years - heck, you've got 8 more of them anyway!

Also I just realised a Turco alt started this thread. What a fkn troll. :lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:51 pm

I would have no issues, as a Raiders fan, if this thread got transferred to the NFL Discussion forum and the discussion continues - regardless of whomever created the thread. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:15 am

FackFuce wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:04 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:51 pm I would have no issues, as a Raiders fan, if this thread got transferred to the NFL Discussion forum and the discussion continues - regardless of whomever created the thread. :)
Oh snap, didn't realize such a forum existed. My apologies. I can create one there now.
Honestly it did not bother me either way - I was just trying to state that regardless of whomever creates a thread I am glad if real dialogue is occurring. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..