Browns being Browns again? Or bold genius move? Kitchens

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Browns being Browns again? Or bold genius move? Kitchens

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:35 am

notweswelker wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:32 am Why god why did they not keep Gregg Williams as HC. He had them going in the right direction, they were winning, they looked like a real team. They sacrificed the right decision for Freddie f*cking Kitchens. Was Kitchens really going anywhere? Just another case of Browns, Brownsing it all up.
Kitchens is a pushover for the front office and ownership, and Baker wanted him.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:35 am
notweswelker wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:32 am Why god why did they not keep Gregg Williams as HC. He had them going in the right direction, they were winning, they looked like a real team. They sacrificed the right decision for Freddie f*cking Kitchens. Was Kitchens really going anywhere? Just another case of Browns, Brownsing it all up.
Kitchens is a pushover for the front office and ownership, and Baker wanted him.
You are right, but that doesn't excuse them from it being an awful decision. Their defense has taken about 10 steps back from last season as well. A few more weeks like this and the OBJ bomb will go off and then it's really popcorn time.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:01 pm

notweswelker wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am
You are right, but that doesn't excuse them from it being an awful decision. Their defense has taken about 10 steps back from last season as well. A few more weeks like this and the OBJ bomb will go off and then it's really popcorn time.
It's not an intended as an excuse for them, it's just a fact they have no idea what they are doing. It's now being reported that after persuing Trent Williams for weeks and the Redskins telling them they weren't trading him that the Browns basically refused to deal with them anymore when the Redskins called them up before the deadline saying they were now willing to talk about Williams. If true it just shows Baker is far from the only one in the organization with maturity issues, and that's not what you want in your decision makers. There's a reason why the Browns have been an absolute joke since they returned to the league, and the laughs don't look like they'll be ending anytime soon.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:12 pm

I wonder if this will pull Skip out of retirement again.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:54 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:01 pm It's not an intended as an excuse for them, it's just a fact they have no idea what they are doing. It's now being reported that after persuing Trent Williams for weeks and the Redskins telling them they weren't trading him that the Browns basically refused to deal with them anymore when the Redskins called them up before the deadline saying they were now willing to talk about Williams. If true it just shows Baker is far from the only one in the organization with maturity issues, and that's not what you want in your decision makers. There's a reason why the Browns have been an absolute joke since they returned to the league, and the laughs don't look like they'll be ending anytime soon.
Hang on there, though - there are also reports that the Redskins asking price was Denzel Ward and/or a 1st (which will be med-to-high at this rate)

I would hang up the phone too, if that's where they are starting after being complete d--kbags about it for months

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:50 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:54 pm
Hang on there, though - there are also reports that the Redskins asking price was Denzel Ward and/or a 1st (which will be med-to-high at this rate)

I would hang up the phone too, if that's where they are starting after being complete d--kbags about it for months
For sure, we don't have all the details and I saw that report too and the Redskins are a joke themselves, but there is still a pattern of terrible decision making with the Browns.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/char ... -williams/

What's being reported here is that the Browns were offering a 1st round pick weeks ago and were rejected, and the Redskins came back before the deadline trying to do that deal now and the Browns essentially told them to F**k Off. Who knows how much is true of both reports, but typically where there's smoke there's fire and stuff like this is exactly why the Redskins and Browns are the organizations they are.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:54 pm

Williams also can't currently pass a physical, apparently, so any trade involving him would've been nullified.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:02 pm

Blueboy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:54 pm Williams also can't currently pass a physical, apparently, so any trade involving him would've been nullified.
He can't because he doesn't want to, he's just refusing to play for the Redskins. A failed physical doesn't automatically nullify a trade anyway, it's just something a team can choose to use as a way of getting out of it. Williams would be a Brown if the two teams had agreed on a deal.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:20 pm

notweswelker wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am
LOL. For sure. Or OBJ holds it all in and Baker completely loses it. He's already cracking. Baker could be a total bust. His personality is not suited to an NFL game. He needs to grow up fast, and he doesn't have anyone around him to help him do that. Baker is trending in the wrong direction. I'd take Kyler in a nano second over him, if we are talking about QB's that came out of that program back to back years. Kyler is clearly the better player to me. He also handles adversity better.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:20 pm
LOL. For sure. Or OBJ holds it all in and Baker completely loses it. He's already cracking. Baker could be a total bust. His personality is not suited to an NFL game. He needs to grow up fast, and he doesn't have anyone around him to help him do that. Baker is trending in the wrong direction. I'd take Kyler in a nano second over him, if we are talking about QB's that came out of that program back to back years. Kyler is clearly the better player to me. He also handles adversity better.
It's starting to look that way. Baker and Kitchens look way over their heads. Steven Wilks... well. I'm not even going to go there.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:29 pm

I hope Dorsey loses his job. His shooting off about the previous regime not bringing in football players and patting himself on the back for a turnaround that never happened based is one of the most arrogant things I’ve seen in the NFL. He is easily the most overrated front office individual in my memory.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:38 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:29 pm I hope Dorsey loses his job. His shooting off about the previous regime not bringing in football players and patting himself on the back for a turnaround that never happened based is one of the most arrogant things I’ve seen in the NFL. He is easily the most overrated front office individual in my memory.
He has truly done a terrible job, and Sashi Brown was doing a good job and exactly what he said he would do, he just was not given the time to do the job they hired him to do.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:27 am

This thing is torpedoing fast. I don't see it getting better soon. Baker at QB 2 this off season was always too high for me, but I honestly see him trending towards bust more than ascending again. He's not that talented, and he's an idiot, IMO. Moving from Brown to Dorsey looks like a colossal mistake by ownership at this point.

I have Derek Carr on quite a few Dynasty teams, and would not move him for Baker. Wouldn't even think about it. The reason I mention this is because of rankings. Baker is still well above a guy like Carr and I think that's ridiculous. Baker is just not showing consistent decision making on all levels. (Yes, I am a Raiders fan, but I have traded Carr for Wentz plus, so I'm completely biased.) He's also showing a complete lack of maturity and leadership in the face of adversity. Not surprising, considering the things he did in college. I just don't see it with Baker. He's been turnover prone since he walked into the league, and doesn't really have any skill set that can stand out. He is accurate, when given time, but so are most semi competent QB's. That entire class doesn't look very good. Baker, Darnold, and Rosen look like busts to me. Allen is borderline, but has a good system for him, and D to make it work. For a few years. Lamar looks the best out of them, and I think he's more short term, too. However he's an elite producer right now, which I doubt any of the other 4 will ever be.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:52 am

Mayfield hasn't been good, but just like Tribs and the Bears, there are so many issues not related to the qb that is making his job almost impossible. Bakers receivers look like they are playing at 80%. Kitchens is in way over his head. He did well calling plays last year as his only responsibility. He is not adjusting his offense to the deteriorated oline. He isn't calling more underneath plays. It's downfield pass after downfield pass. Kitchens looked good calling plays last year, but that was with a much better line. He isn't adjusting, and yet again we see a coach who can't adjust. It's baffling how coaches are paid so much and yet they can't adjust the way they approach a game.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver