The official "Where will Odell play next year?" thread. Post inside your guess.

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!

Will Odell be traded?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 62

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: The official "Where will Odell play next year?" thread. Post inside your guess.

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:31 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:10 pm
CK_ wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 pm
skip wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 am

I doubt anyone will give up a single 1st. This isn't fantasy football. I'd expect the price to be more like a pair of 2nds and possibly an additional piece, like a 5th rounder. Overall, I'm not anticipating a trade happening but if it does, they aren't getting a 1st.
But.. but...but... a 22nd pick in the 1st was already offered....

They also are working on offering a player with said pick.
Whats your source?

I have not heard one report that it was offered. I think you are blowing smoke here.
According to Steve Wyche of NFL Network, the Rams have made the No. 23 overall pick in next month’s draft available in a potential trade for the Giants wide receiver.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: The official "Where will Odell play next year?" thread. Post inside your guess.

Postby mullmania » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:07 pm

I've been floating the Dez for OBJ swap too.

Dallas gets to pay someone a contract more their worth and the G Men at least get a WR replacement.

It'll never happen but...

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 pm

I think the Browns should send the #1 and Corey Coleman for Beckham. It's kind of ridiculous people are saying no one will send a first. I think the Giants would likely get the two firsts if that was the actual asking price. I don't think the Giants want to trade him, but they have bungled this situation and now might have little choice.

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:23 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 pm It's kind of ridiculous people are saying no one will send a first.
It's definitely ridiculous, considering NYG spent a first-round pick to draft him before he was a proven elite NFL talent. To say that a team wouldn't want to spend a first-round pick to trade for a 25-year-old who's arguably the best at his position because they would also have to pay him just doesn't make sense. I thought drafting elite players who go on to command large contracts is what teams want to get out of their picks.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:31 pm

90% chance Giants
8% chance Rams
1.9% chance Browns and someone needs to put me on suicide watch as I already lost Landry to them
.1% San Fran
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:31 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:10 pm
CK_ wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 pm

But.. but...but... a 22nd pick in the 1st was already offered....

They also are working on offering a player with said pick.
Whats your source?

I have not heard one report that it was offered. I think you are blowing smoke here.
According to Steve Wyche of NFL Network, the Rams have made the No. 23 overall pick in next month’s draft available in a potential trade for the Giants wide receiver.
There is a big difference between a single report between it being available than it being offered though too. OBJ is "available" in that same context too.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:26 pm

1. Rams - GOD please hope this happens. Fascinating for comparisons to the Sammy 1-year baseline with mr. Goff. A fresh log to throw on the "Was it Sammy or Goff?" fire. yippie!
2. Dallas - Jerry's ego.
3. Oakland - Chucky wants him some O'Dell. Sorry Jordy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Don't understand why any serious articles (which there have been many) mention Cleveland as a landing spot. I can't see this ever happening. For Cleveland to trade 2 premium picks away for a rental player would be insane. OBJ would not sign an extension in Cleveland. Best the Browns could hope for is him playing a year and then tagging him, but I'm sure he'd threaten to hold out and demand a trade. It would be a disaster for his career outside of football to go there, not to mention his career in football. LA I can see, as OBJ likes to market himself as much as possible. That would be quite the offense.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Hofbrau
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Hofbrau » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:44 pm

Man, hard to believe that Odell could be traded but it sure seems like a lot of noise if it isn't being at least considered. The Colts traded Marshall Faulk for pennies because they were worried how he would affect Peyton Manning or some such logic. I dunno.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:58 pm

I said that if they trade OBJ I would be convinced they go QB at #2 - could very well be to avoid exposing this young QB to OBJs influence and antics.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:24 pm

I think he goes crackers and doesnt play this year
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:36 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... tun-giants

Article suggesting Giants wont move Beckham without a "kings ransom"

I use kings ransom but the term in the article is "blown away".
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:39 pm

I think NFL GMs are just like many fantasy owners in that they like to buy low and sell high. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Odell is going to implode in LA. Seriously, if New York is trying to run you out of town...LA isn't going to be too kind either.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:58 pm I said that if they trade OBJ I would be convinced they go QB at #2 - could very well be to avoid exposing this young QB to OBJs influence and antics.
If a young QB can't deal with OBJ's "influence and antics", he's not worth the #2 overall pick. OBJ isn't some demon. OBJ is the type of talent you want at WR for a young QB. Need to have a thick skin to play in the NFL. OBJ is not that high on the list of problems a young QB will have to deal with.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick