Jon Gruden

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Jon Gruden

Postby ericanadian » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Sounds more and more like he's coming back to the NFL and sure enough the Raiders are now the front runners after Tampa opted to keep Koetter. I really thought we'd moved on from the no hope days of Al Davis, but this seems like a step backwards even on the off chance it works out.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jon Gruden

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:38 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 pm Sounds more and more like he's coming back to the NFL and sure enough the Raiders are now the front runners after Tampa opted to keep Koetter. I really thought we'd moved on from the no hope days of Al Davis, but this seems like a step backwards even on the off chance it works out.
What.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Anything to get that chump out of the booth and out of my living room! I'd even throw in some money to get him to leave MNF.

:thumbup:

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Chucky come home and bring the raiders back to the promised land!!!!

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:31 am

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:38 pm
ericanadian wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 pm Sounds more and more like he's coming back to the NFL and sure enough the Raiders are now the front runners after Tampa opted to keep Koetter. I really thought we'd moved on from the no hope days of Al Davis, but this seems like a step backwards even on the off chance it works out.
What.
You think firing a coach, and likely a GM as well, a year after going 12-4 in order to hire a guy that's been working in the broadcast booth for several years is a good idea?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

sesame street thugz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby sesame street thugz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:52 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:31 am
What.
You think firing a coach, and likely a GM as well, a year after going 12-4 in order to hire a guy that's been working in the broadcast booth for several years is a good idea?
When that coach is Jack Del Rio then yes.
Qb: J. Winston, S. Bradford, J. Brissett, A.J. McCarron, T. Bridgewater (IR)
RB: L. Bell, L. Fournette, M. Ingram, A. Collins, J. Conner, J. Hill, D. McFadden, A. Morris, T. Watson, D. Williams, R. Smith (TS)
WR: B. Cooks, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, M. Jones, B. Coleman, P. Cooper, T. Lockett, C. Patterson, K. Listenbee (TS), T. Mc Bride (TS)
TE: J. Graham, E. Swoope (IR)
K: M. Bryant
DL: M. Bennett, D. Hunter, G. Atkins
LB: M. Barron, R. Shazier, B. Wagner, J. Bostic, J. Brown, M. Kendricks
DB: J. Poyer, H. Smith, E. Apple, D. Shead (IR)

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:36 am

What.
Yes. Del Rio is not a good coach. Do you think Gruden has lost the ability to coach? It's not like playing where skills atrophy. I think this is a great move.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:28 pm Anything to get that chump out of the booth and out of my living room! I'd even throw in some money to get him to leave MNF.

:thumbup:
x1000
The standard is the standard.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:42 pm

This is not going to solve anything for the Raiders.

It is nothing more than trying to keep fans excited for another year in Oakland before they leave.

It will definitely make a splash - but yeah, the Raiders are still a long way from being a contender.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:32 pm

You wana get rid of a broadcast guy let's start with joe bleep buck please! But raiders should have never traded chucky and yes as a big fan I'll be happy to have him back over del rio

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:16 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:36 am

What.
Yes. Del Rio is not a good coach. Do you think Gruden has lost the ability to coach? It's not like playing where skills atrophy. I think this is a great move.
I completely disagree. Moving away from coaching for 10 years is a lifetime away from the grind required to be a good coach. He was a good but not a great coach in the NFL. This strikes of desperation by the Raiders to get a big name from the past. Chip Kelly would have been a better hire.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:15 pm

npainter wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:16 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:36 am

I completely disagree. Moving away from coaching for 10 years is a lifetime away from the grind required to be a good coach. He was a good but not a great coach in the NFL. This strikes of desperation by the Raiders to get a big name from the past. Chip Kelly would have been a better hire.
Pretty well documented he spends as much time "grinding" today as he did when he was coaching in the Super bowl

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:25 pm

Should it be assumed that this will fix Carr?

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:44 am

I believe it will help as there will be a new oc and I really like gruden. No chip Kelly for me. That's just a ridiculous claim.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:02 am

Spider 2 Y Banana.