Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Postby Phaded » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:41 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 am Doubt it. Him signing would be a huge mess for a team, and he's probably not going to contribute in a meaningful enough way on the field.
Yeah pretty much this. Not like he is going to start - not worth the politics of it.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:34 am Now that Eric Reid got signed by Carolina. You think the likelihood of a team signing Kaepernick increases significantly?!
I'm shocked that Atlanta let Carolina beat them to the punch on this one. Not sure it does much for Kaep. Is Kaep in football shape? He could probably give the 49ers a significantly better option than what they have, if he is and I'm not sure how much backlash they get in Northern California.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:08 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:06 pm
Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:34 am Now that Eric Reid got signed by Carolina. You think the likelihood of a team signing Kaepernick increases significantly?!
I'm shocked that Atlanta let Carolina beat them to the punch on this one. Not sure it does much for Kaep. Is Kaep in football shape? He could probably give the 49ers a significantly better option than what they have, if he is and I'm not sure how much backlash they get in Northern California.
I think there’s a better chance of the 49ers bringing back Jeff Garcia than Kaep. He just isn’t worth the PR nightmare to most teams.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:39 pm
azthecrow wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:51 pm
I don’t think so. His poor decision making has consequences. He is seeing that play out right now. I would be surprised if he ever played NFL football again.
What poor decision making are you referring to?
Just in general, I guess. We could ask NFL team owners. Oh, that’s right, they can’t say why either.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:39 am

I don’t think so. His poor decision making has consequences. He is seeing that play out right now. I would be surprised if he ever played NFL football again.
Putting on a peaceful protest to put a spot light on the injustices faced everyday by black people in America.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:27 am

Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 am

AZK wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:27 am

:clap: :thumbup:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:56 pm

Kaepernick still unsigned despite events in Denver, NYC & Buffalo ... ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:27 pm

Teams don't want a politically charged media firestorm that would be 10x as crazy as Tebow's ever was. Current US media is poison. I don't fault a single team for not signing him. Imagine the crap that would come from it. Every single "news" outlet in America (with all over their various biases) would cover and talk about the situation for weeks or months.

He's so overrated from a talent perspective at this point. No team would see any true success directly resulting from him at quarterback. There are worse QBs in the NFL, but unfortunately for him there is baggage (justified or not) that teams don't want.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:48 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:27 pm Teams don't want a politically charged media firestorm that would be 10x as crazy as Tebow's ever was. Current US media is poison. I don't fault a single team for not signing him. Imagine the crap that would come from it. Every single "news" outlet in America (with all over their various biases) would cover and talk about the situation for weeks or months.

He's so overrated from a talent perspective at this point. No team would see any true success directly resulting from him at quarterback. There are worse QBs in the NFL, but unfortunately for him there is baggage (justified or not) that teams don't want.
Exactly. This is what I'm always saying. It does no good for a 1-7 team to bring in Kaepernick. Even if he is slightly better than the starter he is not taking any team anywhere. The news is what keeps teams away

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Kaepernick's last 10 in 2016 produced a record of 1-9. Less we forget his stellar 2015 season of 3-6 with a completion percentage also below 60%

I can't imagine any owner in their right mind wanting him representing their franchise even as a backup.

His focus is not football. Fans can't stand him, and he can't play.

2019 is right around the corner...... He is a footnote in History. Good riddance.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Honestly why would Kaep want to play football? He is getting paid more by Nike than he would playing football. And that's way less taxing on his body and long term health.

Kaep played his hand and won big in the grand scheme of things.

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:39 am

He isn't coming back.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:50 am

It was apparent to many that he was done before he started kneeling.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am

I'm not naïve enough to think that Kap is coming back, but it's not because he doesn't want to play again. And the owners aren't not signing him because they're afraid of the media backlash or losing money. There are enough fans that will continue to buy tickets and merchandise, and if anything, they'll probably make more money if they signed him. I remember people saying Nike was going to lose money after his commercial, and yet they broke records a day or two later after it came out. I don't really care either way and don't think he helps a team much at this point, but lets be real, he was/is being blackballed.