Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kaepernick vs NFL - Collusion

Postby Goddard » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:53 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:27 pm Teams don't want a politically charged media firestorm that would be 10x as crazy as Tebow's ever was. Current US media is poison. I don't fault a single team for not signing him. Imagine the crap that would come from it. Every single "news" outlet in America (with all over their various biases) would cover and talk about the situation for weeks or months.

He's so overrated from a talent perspective at this point. No team would see any true success directly resulting from him at quarterback. There are worse QBs in the NFL, but unfortunately for him there is baggage (justified or not) that teams don't want.
The coaches don't, but I'd bet the owners wouldn't mind. I'd be curious how much money Tebow made the Broncos because of his media firestorms.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 am

Goddard wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am I'm not naïve enough to think that Kap is coming back, but it's not because he doesn't want to play again. And the owners aren't not signing him because they're afraid of the media backlash or losing money. There are enough fans that will continue to buy tickets and merchandise, and if anything, they'll probably make more money if they signed him. I remember people saying Nike was going to lose money after his commercial, and yet they broke records a day or two later after it came out. I don't really care either way and don't think he helps a team much at this point, but lets be real, he was/is being blackballed.
I guess I just strongly disagree that it's a league-wide conspiracy to not sign him. He's not that good, honestly. I doubt he's even really training to be in the NFL at this point. He would not help your team win, and if there were any QB controversy at all it would become a huge mess. The locker room would no longer be about football the day he signs. Teams would lose long-time fans who have allowed these narratives to take over their brains and control how they think.

These are owners of billion dollar investments. Why expose those investments to the intense shitstorm that would come from signing a player who wouldn't actually help your team?

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:22 am

I just do not think he, his fans, or the media would be ok if he came back and rode the pine. Especially if he got playing time and then got benched. To many, the race card/kneeling card would get pulled regardless of how poor his on-field performance is. Let's be real, we know that card would come out quick enough to make your head spin. There are some tough QB situations currently, but how many would he come in and guarantee to be the starter. Buffalo makes little sense, as they are in a rebuild with an eye toward next year and Allen coming back soon. Just laying that one out as I acknowledge he is better than Peterman and Anderson, but financial reasons they would not sign him. SF had a good night last night at the position and that is his former team. NYJ, AZ, Browns all have rookies. Denver supposedly offered him a contract at some point and could argue he is not a huge upgrade over Keenum I would think. Miami has Brock playing Ok. Unless, he is claiming he will come back to hold a clipboard and be a mentor to a young QB. I just have not really seen that argument brought up, so my apologies if I am wrong.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:05 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 am
Goddard wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:51 am I'm not naïve enough to think that Kap is coming back, but it's not because he doesn't want to play again. And the owners aren't not signing him because they're afraid of the media backlash or losing money. There are enough fans that will continue to buy tickets and merchandise, and if anything, they'll probably make more money if they signed him. I remember people saying Nike was going to lose money after his commercial, and yet they broke records a day or two later after it came out. I don't really care either way and don't think he helps a team much at this point, but lets be real, he was/is being blackballed.
I guess I just strongly disagree that it's a league-wide conspiracy to not sign him. He's not that good, honestly. I doubt he's even really training to be in the NFL at this point. He would not help your team win, and if there were any QB controversy at all it would become a huge mess. The locker room would no longer be about football the day he signs. Teams would lose long-time fans who have allowed these narratives to take over their brains and control how they think.

These are owners of billion dollar investments. Why expose those investments to the intense shitstorm that would come from signing a player who wouldn't actually help your team?
Not disagreeing, but you don't need the entire league to be on it to blackball someone. There are obviously several teams who would have no interest in him regardless, so they have no reason to sign him. But I do think last year he was in shape and wanted to play, but wasn't signed simply for other reasons than "he's not good enough or won't help a team." Everything you said can be true and so can the blackballing.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:09 pm Kaepernick's last 10 in 2016 produced a record of 1-9. Less we forget his stellar 2015 season of 3-6 with a completion percentage also below 60%

I can't imagine any owner in their right mind wanting him representing their franchise even as a backup.

His focus is not football. Fans can't stand him, and he can't play.

2019 is right around the corner...... He is a footnote in History. Good riddance.
This.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Goddard wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:05 am
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 am

Not disagreeing, but you don't need the entire league to be on it to blackball someone. There are obviously several teams who would have no interest in him regardless, so they have no reason to sign him. But I do think last year he was in shape and wanted to play, but wasn't signed simply for other reasons than "he's not good enough or won't help a team." Everything you said can be true and so can the blackballing.
Yeah, but the blackballing and collusion would imply owners have an agreement not to sign him, which I don't believe to be the case. I think he is better than most backups in the league, but the potential baggage with it isn't worth it. Plus, the majority of owners probably don't agree with his kneeling and have no interest in PAYING a player to give them a platform for politics. When you think about it really there is no collusion needed.

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:55 pm

If I recall, without googling it, he had 18 TDS to 3 interceptions the last year he played. He did look very bad at times though. But I also remember him being injured from his rushing. To be effective he needs to run the ball.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..