McNabb to Rams

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Misfit74
Legend
Legend

McNabb to Rams

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 am

Profootballtalk.com hears that Donovan McNabb could be with the Rams as soon as Friday, in exchange for the first pick of the second round.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... nd-mcnabb/
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:21 pm

I take everything with a grain of salt until it happens but it seems somewhat odd that they would be pushing for McNabb at the price of the 33rd overall pick. I think they are so far away in so many areas that dealing an early second rounder for a 32-33 year old QB with an injury history is counter productive.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Yeah, I think this would be a bad move. Mcnabb is an older QB, who wants to win. He will never sign an extension in STL and be gone after one season and then the Rams would have to start over again. Makes no sense. They are better off drafting Bradford and letting him grow with the team.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 pm

yumbo wrote:Yeah, I think this would be a bad move. Mcnabb is an older QB, who wants to win. He will never sign an extension in STL and be gone after one season and then the Rams would have to start over again. Makes no sense. They are better off drafting Bradford and letting him grow with the team.
If they want a QB THAT bad I would either draft Bradford or wait until round 2 or 3 and get a developmental guy (LeFevour, Pike, McCoy, Tebow...) to go along with a veteran FA signing like Pennington?

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Exactly Dan!! That woud be the best for the Rams. But...who the hell are we?? And what do we know!!! :shock: :D :lol:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:39 pm

hosler427 wrote:
yumbo wrote:Yeah, I think this would be a bad move. Mcnabb is an older QB, who wants to win. He will never sign an extension in STL and be gone after one season and then the Rams would have to start over again. Makes no sense. They are better off drafting Bradford and letting him grow with the team.
If they want a QB THAT bad I would either draft Bradford or wait until round 2 or 3 and get a developmental guy (LeFevour, Pike, McCoy, Tebow...) to go along with a veteran FA signing like Pennington?

Yeah, I would think only a contending team should really trade for McNabb and not the Rams. Going for a quick fix like McNabb is the wrong move for a rebuilding team like the Rams.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:42 pm

I would think Arizona and Minnesota would be the main teams pushing for McNabb...I could be wrong though. I think McNabb would be killer in either spot.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:05 pm

hosler427 wrote:I take everything with a grain of salt until it happens but it seems somewhat odd that they would be pushing for McNabb at the price of the 33rd overall pick. I think they are so far away in so many areas that dealing an early second rounder for a 32-33 year old QB with an injury history is counter productive.
I agree...doesn't make sense to me.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:20 pm

hosler427 wrote:I would think Arizona and Minnesota would be the main teams pushing for McNabb...I could be wrong though. I think McNabb would be killer in either spot.
But Minnesota will miss the boat because they will be waiting the entire summer for Favre. And agree, the Rams pursuing McNabb is a horrible move for the franchise.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:20 pm

The only reason I see the Rams trying to make this move is to almost save their franchise, not make a push for the playoffs. The one of the prime teams that have been rumored to by heading to LA, their pushing for a new stadium and their having a hard time selling seats. McNabb would mean more wins, but also a Marquee name to bring back the fans.

This trade seems more like a marketing move than a football move. Almost like how the Jags are rumored to be drafting Tebow, to just sell tickets and put fans in the stands.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:21 pm

grimace wrote:The only reason I see the Rams trying to make this move is to almost save their franchise, not make a push for the playoffs. The one of the prime teams that have been rumored to by heading to LA, their pushing for a new stadium and their having a hard time selling seats. McNabb would mean more wins, but also a Marquee name to bring back the fans.

This trade seems more like a marketing move than a football move. Almost like how the Jags are rumored to be drafting Tebow, to just sell tickets and put fans in the stands.
Good point! :wink:

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm

grimace wrote:The only reason I see the Rams trying to make this move is to almost save their franchise, not make a push for the playoffs. The one of the prime teams that have been rumored to by heading to LA, their pushing for a new stadium and their having a hard time selling seats. McNabb would mean more wins, but also a Marquee name to bring back the fans.

Or maybe they new owner is trying to intentionally piss Rush Limbaugh off :lol: Just think, if they had allowed Limbaugh to be co-owner of the Rams there would be no way that McNabb would go there. Either way I'm guessing McNabb doesn't want to go to the Rams, with or without Limbaugh.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:05 pm

I think the 33rd pick is too pricey for the Rams to pay, but I like the idea of them going for McNabb. It's the NFL. Things change in a hurry. McNabb has proven he can be effective regardless of the talent of his wide outs. And he has a history of playing with a running back with pass catching ability.

It would be interesting to see them trade out of the one pick, pick up an extra second and send that for McNabb. Then still have a top 10 first rounder and the 33rd overall and the first in the third round to add some playmakers. With all the question marks in the NFC west, they could surprise if they had an actual QB.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 pm

i geuss its the rams turn to have jeff garcia
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Report: Eagles not accepting McNabb offers

McNabb
According to Profootballtalk.com, the Eagles have thus far refused to entertain offers for Donovan McNabb.
The Eagles have fielded phone calls from several teams, but they've told those teams that they're not yet ready to entertain offers. PFT's source also confirms earlier reports that the Rams have not been in contact with the Eagles. As we've stated all along, we expect McNabb to remain in Philly unless the Eagles receive an overwhelming offer. Mar. 4 - 2:21 pm et
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
It just wouldn´t make much sense for the Rams! If they indeed would want a QB because of a marketing strategy.. then it would be Michael Vick and not McNabb. While McNabb might be the better QB(for now...), Vick surely would gather more interest and attention.

That being said: I dont see either of them heading to the Rams... they will take Sam Bradford at #1!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11