Cowboys vs Vikings

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:46 pm

skip wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
skip wrote: Yeah, Rice was no where near as productive as a rookie with Favre throwing...oh wait a minute...never mind.
right favre's their future qb, you're right... wait a minute... never mind.
He's not. But you're basing rookie numbers from Rice with a crap QB to Harvin with Favre. Not a fair comparison at all.
Yea Spencer, you are comparing apples and oranges here.

Basically your argument is assuming that the difference in Rice and Harvin right now is their experience....and you have no sure way of backing that up. However, we can say with MORE CERTAINTY that Rice has higher upside based on the level of production, as well as the level of consistency this year....We can say this because the conditions were the same for both players this year, only difference being their experience (Harvin 0 NFL starts, Sidney Rice 7), and their abilities....but their experience is not AS significant as you are making it out to be since Harvin was obviously EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO START start half (8 of 16) of their games in his ROOKIE YEAR :wink: . Like I and many Sidney supporters have said...Rice's problem was never talent...it was getting, and staying on the field, and it clearly shows. Checkmate.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 pm

skip wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
skip wrote: Yeah, Rice was no where near as productive as a rookie with Favre throwing...oh wait a minute...never mind.
He's not. But you're basing rookie numbers from Rice with a crap QB to Harvin with Favre. Not a fair comparison at all.

And I am advocating to SELL on Rice because there is no way he will keep his value in the future without Favre.
That assumes they can't replace him with someone pretty good. The Vikes will be in a great position to scoop up a young QB if they choose to in the draft. They have enough young talent that they don't have to address any other skill position or dire need with their first two picks.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
skip wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote: right favre's their future qb, you're right... wait a minute... never mind.

Basically your argument is assuming that the difference in Rice and Harvin right now is their experience....and you have no sure way of backing that up. However, we can say with MORE CERTAINTY that Rice has higher upside based on the level of production, as well as the level of consistency this year....We can say this because the conditions were the same for both players this year, only difference being their experience (Harvin 0 NFL starts, Sidney Rice 7), and their abilities....but their experience is not AS significant as you are making it out to be since Harvin was obviously EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO START start half (8 of 16) of their games in his ROOKIE YEAR :wink: . Like I and many Sidney supporters have said...Rice's problem was never talent...it was getting, and staying on the field, and it clearly shows. Checkmate.
I think he was saying that Favre's remarkable season at the age of 40, with very few picks had a lot to do with it.

Favre in a Viking's uniform only happened in the summer, and it wasn't unreasonable to think that he'd be average at best.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:08 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
skip wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote: right favre's their future qb, you're right... wait a minute... never mind.

i dont play chess or in your case checkers...

and since hes starting as a rookie that shows his talent, not his experience.

im not looking at this year, im looking long term... and if anyone can be the next guy like steve smith, its harvin. i said he looked impressive but like any arrogant bleep you cant seem to realize that means i think rice had a hell of a year.

as rookies harvin is better.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:09 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
skip wrote: He's not. But you're basing rookie numbers from Rice with a crap QB to Harvin with Favre. Not a fair comparison at all.

im not looking at this year, im looking long term... and if anyone can be the next guy like steve smith, its harvin. i said he looked impressive but like any arrogant bleep you cant seem to realize that means i think rice had a hell of a year.

Because of #4 throwing him the ball...
Last edited by BradyT on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 pm

skip wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:

And I am advocating to SELL on Rice because there is no way he will keep his value in the future without Favre.
as a #3 receiver as a rookie those stats are pretty damn impressive, regardless of who the qb is.

and when did i say rice was a keep, of course hes a sell.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:11 pm

BradyT wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote: Yea Spencer, you are comparing apples and oranges here.

wrong. harvin would have seen more balls with jackson as the qb. shorter routes, and a not so good qb = more balls harvins way.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:20 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
BradyT wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote: i dont play chess or in your case checkers...

wrong. harvin would have seen more balls with jackson as the qb. shorter routes, and a not so good qb = more balls harvins way.
So you are saying as a rookie Harvin was better. Now...what significane does that hold in determining their next 7-10 years of production??? It has NO significance. And considering Harvin started 8 games and Rice started 3, I would hope and imagine Harvins were better.....anyway onto whats important, assuming the way in which you responded to Brady, it seems like Harvin's stats would have been better in your mind if there were a lesser talented QB (If I understood that correctly)....this means you are admitting the limitations of his potential. You know its conditional based on the system, and the QB just like it is with mostly all speed receivers (Eddie Royal anyone?). This is why Sidney Rice is more talented as a WR, and has more potential fantasy wise, because he has more ability as a WR...and no matter what that's not going to change. Harvin is a playmaker, who is very versatile, and I think he will throw up decent stats from year to year...but he isnt a better fantasy WR...just like Reggie Bush isnt a better RB than DeAngelo Williams, or MJD.

Harvin and Bush are superstars, but they arent studs.

You have nothing else to say but Rice had a hell of a year...and you will have nothing else to say when Rice has a hell of a career (better than Harvin's) too. Im not being arrogant...Im calling it how it is. What has Harvin shown/done, for you to ride him so hard? Sidney Rice just dropped as many TD's (3) on the Cowboys, as the Cowboys scored points (3)....and this was against the Cowboys red hot defense...the one that shut New Orleans down in New Orleans....so you cant say this was a fluke.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:44 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:that roughing the kicker call for 5 yards just now was BOGUS...let them play FOOTBALL REF! Jeeeee wiz....he didnt even touch the kicker, the kicker tripped over him!
The ref's explanation was bizarre....uh "didn't allow the punter to return his leg to the ground." what?

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:46 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
BradyT wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote: i dont play chess or in your case checkers...

That's assuming Harvin runs those routes correctly with consistency as a rookie. Plus, Rice is a major red-zone threat. Something that cannot be said of Harvin.

And whoever said 'as rookies Harvin's better': that's a ludicrous argument. It's an apples to oranges comparison. That's like saying Eddie Royal's rookie season was better than Andre Johnson's so Royal's going to be a better receiver long term. Sounds ridiculous, right? Well, that's because it is.

I would have to look at the whole picture and all the factors to make an educated opinion. Difference in rookie seasons or 'because #4 is throwing him the ball' are incomplete arguments and by themselves pretty, well....not so useful. Right now, we don't have enough tape on Harvin to be anointing him the second coming of Lynn Swann. As far as Sidney Rice goes, he'll be entering his 4th season and 2nd healthy season next year. We have seen what Rice's upside looks like and it looks good to me. Keeping in mind that QBs can make receivers better to some degree (example for: Eddie Royal. example against: Brandon Marshall). If Favre retires, we'll have to factor that in, as well. Right now we know more about Rice and we know how ridiculously good he can be. That's more than we now presently about Harvin.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars