Oh Christine Michael...I can't quit you.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bradgrimmett
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Oh Christine Michael...I can't quit you.

Postby bradgrimmett » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:46 pm

I have an offer on the table of 2.08 for Christine Michael. The other owner has also offered Knile Davis for Christine Michael, which is somewhat tempting as I own Charles. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on either deal because I had a major man crush on Michael the last two off-seasons. He's generating some buzz again this summer, but I feel like he's now the boy crying wolf. What would you do DLF community? This is 12-team PPR by the way.

TheBum
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Oh Christine Michael...I can't quit you.

Postby TheBum » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:55 pm

If you own Charles I would take Knile all day. But thats just me!
I’m just here to not get wrecked in trades.

frodo2003
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby frodo2003 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:20 pm

I have Michael in 4 leagues---and I can't quit him either.
...and i'm sure not going to sell him for 2.08.
If I had Charles though I might do the Knile Davis deal----but I don't, so I won't.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:52 pm

No to 2.08

Agree that Knile is tempting with owning Charles but in the end I wouldn't be able to quit CMike unless something else was added (like the 2.08).

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:15 am

I agree with the others, definitely no to 2.08, but I would do the Knile Davis deal. I'm higher than most on Davis and I think he would be a top 15 RB if Charles went down.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:21 am

collbey wrote:No to 2.08

Agree that Knile is tempting with owning Charles but in the end I wouldn't be able to quit CMike unless something else was added (like the 2.08).
This for me as well
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:41 am

I have C Mike and I would trade him in a heartbeat for the 2.08. The continued hype over this guy is just ridiculous. With Lynch's new deal he wont see the field for another 2 years barring injury.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

cactusdave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cactusdave » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:18 am

I've posted this before on this board. Pete Carroll has no apprehension when it comes to using young players (Russell Wilson) and he never has, even dating back to his years at USC when he started Matt Barkley as a true freshman. He makes guys compete fiercely in his system of practicing and then he plays the guys that do the best.

If Michael were a performer that Carroll had an affinity for, you would have known about it a long time ago because Carroll would've found a way to get him on the field with some regularity. The very fact that hasn't happened means it never will. Of course Michael may have some special team value or some contribution he's been able to make to the 53 man that has kept him on the roster this long.

But if he were going to make real noise as a big time player, he would have done something to demonstrate that by now.

My guess is that with the arrival of UDFA Thomas Rawls, either Michael's or Turbin's roster slot may be in jepardy this summer as the early indications are that the Seahawks coaching staff are really excited about this kid despite the knucklehead baggage he brings with him.

You need to quit on Michael. it's never going to happen for him in Seattle. PERIOD!!!!!
12 Team, Full PPR, 17 Man Rosters,
Lineups: 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB or TE), 2 Flex (RB or WR or TE) for total of 8 starters.

QB: Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott
RB: Le'Veon Bell, CJ Anderson, Spencer Ware, Christine Michael, CJ Prosise.
WR: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Quincy Enunwa.
TE: Dwayne Allen, Virgil Green, Josh Hill, Maxx Williams.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:22 am

I just can't quite him either (see team 1 in signature)
2.07 is about spot on value for Michael for me so I would consider cashing out I suppose for that. I personally wouldn't for Davis though.
Maybe try and get 2.08 + a later pick to soften the blow :(
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:26 am

I'd do the Davis deal as well. If you must, try a counter with Davis and say a 3rd or something but I think as the Charles owner, Davis is a good catch for Michael.

Here's the deal as I see it with Michael...if the team really believed in him (or Turbin for that matter) as a true starter they would have let Lynch and his big contract walk. Just the way it works, especially with the big contract needed for Wilson. So the team must not really believe in either guy and kept Lynch until he falls apart. Also telling for Michael is that Turbin is still the backup and 2nd in line, he can't even get past Turbin. So for me his only way to actual fantasy relevance is on his next contract with another team or the stars align that Lynch retires, Turbin moves on and they don't draft an RB high after that.

To me it's time to get what you can out of him while you still can, or hold until the stars align.

hankscorpio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hankscorpio » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 am

cactusdave wrote:I've posted this before on this board. Pete Carroll has no apprehension when it comes to using young players (Russell Wilson) and he never has, even dating back to his years at USC when he started Matt Barkley as a true freshman. He makes guys compete fiercely in his system of practicing and then he plays the guys that do the best.

If Michael were a performer that Carroll had an affinity for, you would have known about it a long time ago because Carroll would've found a way to get him on the field with some regularity. The very fact that hasn't happened means it never will. Of course Michael may have some special team value or some contribution he's been able to make to the 53 man that has kept him on the roster this long.

But if he were going to make real noise as a big time player, he would have done something to demonstrate that by now.

My guess is that with the arrival of UDFA Thomas Rawls, either Michael's or Turbin's roster slot may be in jepardy this summer as the early indications are that the Seahawks coaching staff are really excited about this kid despite the knucklehead baggage he brings with him.

You need to quit on Michael. it's never going to happen for him in Seattle. PERIOD!!!!!
The first 4 sentences I can agree with, and the part that he probably would have demonstrated something by now. Then a factual error - it's no secret that Michael has no special teams value whatsoever (which is why he's inactive on game day quite often), so the only other reason to burn a roster spot is that they think he has some value as a ball carrier.

Then an internal disagreement that if he stays in Seattle he's screwed, but if he were cut (or traded) than that's bad too.

The point is, he is what he is right now, a flyer. Just like a late 2nd rounder (or even most early 2nd rounders). He's not worthless either though.

To the question, 2.08 is pretty fair, and you'll probably know more about how good the pick was in the next year than you will with Michael. And Davis is also fair, it's a conservative move that will get you a useful player this year.
12 teams, 20 roster spots, hard salary cap $225, 40% drop penalty, max contract 3 yrs (4 yrs for rookies), unlimited total yrs
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, DEF, K; PPR, 6 pts/TD pass
QB: Cam ($29/2015); Wilson ($5/2016)
RB: Gurley ($12/2018), McFadden ($4/2015); C. West ($11/2015), Spiller ($26/2016), Abdullah ($6/2018), Mason ($6/2016)
WR: Demaryius ($64/2015), Decker ($9/2017), DeSean ($22/2015), DGB ($1/2018), M.Jones ($2/2016); Allen ($1/2016)
TE: Walker ($1/2015), Bennett ($11/2017)
2016: 2 1sts

12 teams, 20 roster spots, Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, DEF, K; PPR, 4 pts/TD pass
QB: Wilson, Brees
RB: Forte, Ellington, C. Johnson, J. Allen, Michael, Starks,
WR: Mega, Allen, J.Matthews, Boldin, Stills, Britt
TE: Gronk, Witten
2016: 2 1sts

sharkattack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby sharkattack » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:31 am

This is a pretty simple question to answer for me, and I have owned C-Mike in the past.

Take the 2.08 and don't look back. This is all about an asset and value. Whomever you select at 2.08, whether is Buck Allen, Matt Jones, Duke, Ajayi, whichever WR.....their value should in theory increase throughout the year, or at the very least, will increase during the off-season next year.

Or take Knile Davis, either are better assets at this time than C-Mike, and not particularly close imho.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 am

Take the 2.08 quickly. Michael has not been able to beat out Turbin for the backup spot so does he even start if Lynch retires or is injured? How many teams are willing to sign a guy as there starter in 2 years that is a backup's backup? I don't know what people think is a realistic scenario for Michael that would lead to him becoming fantasy relevant. I think he is one of those players that people draft and just can not let go.
Team 1 - 12 Team, 25 Players + 5 TS, 2 IR, PPR, 4TD Passing
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, Year1
QB - A.Smith, RG3, Sanchez, Daniel, Hundley, Grayson, Hack, Brissett
RB - Miller, Zeke, L. Murray, Alf, Ellington, Blue, D.Washington, K. Robinson
WR - OBJ, Tate, Hurns, DJax, DGB, Coleman
TE - Thomas, Tye, Henry

Team 2 - 16 Team, 24 Players + 4 TS, 2 IR, PPR, TE 1.5 PPR, 5TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Dalton, Cutler
RB - Hill, B.Powell, K.Robinson, Ellington, T.Cadet, Oliver, Ervin
WR - Dez, B. Marshall, Snead, DGB, DHB, P.Richardson, Givens, Boyd, Peake, R. Louis
TE - Gronk, J. Reed, Barnidge, Heuerman, N.Paul,

Team 3 - 12 Team, 24 Players, RSO Salary Cap League, 2 IR, PPR, 6TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Wentz
RB - Hill, D.Johnson, Ivory, D.Robinson
WR - Alshon, Maclin, Decker, J.Matthews, Tate, B.Miller
TE - Eifert, J. Reed

Dynasty Diehard
Starter
Starter

Postby Dynasty Diehard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:56 am

Turbin is rehabbing an injury and won't play much in the preseason. Michael will certainly get a chance to shine this preseason, and if he performs, he could beat out Turbin as Lynch's backup. I'd keep him in hopes that that happens. Lynch had some back issues last year, and that won't go away as he gets older. Michael has so much talent, if he can become more consistent and reliable, he could be Lynch's successor.
10-team PPR
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF, 1 K
2014: 6-6-1, missed playoffs
2015: 12-3, League Champion
2016: 14-1, League Champion
2017: 11-4, Runner Up
2018: 9-5, 4th place
2018: 6-3

QB - Lamar Jackson, Carson Wentz
RB - Alvin Kamara, Josh Jacobs, Kareem Hunt, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR - Tyreek Hill, Odell Beckham Jr., Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, Corey Davis, James Washington, Tre'Quan Smith, Auden Tate, DaeSean Hamilton, Allen Lazard, Jakobi Meyers, Alex Erickson, Russell Gage
TE - Darren Waller, O.J. Howard, David Njoku, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki
DEF - Vikings
K - Justin Tucker

2020 Picks - 1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7
2021 Picks - 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby boobam13 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am

Thomas Rawls....just saying
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-