Josh Gordon , Justin Blackmon

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Josh Gordon , Justin Blackmon

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:13 pm

pocylpse wrote:Gordon is worth a hold of you have space on your bench. Blackmon is done.
x2

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:37 am

Tsunami wrote:I want them both. They are the best stashes in the game right now, if you have a free spot. Why anyone wants a second round rookie over a proven star I don't get, even if they are unlikely to return everyone else you can get is unlikely to be good. They are good value.

I just traded Christine Michael for Josh Gordon in one league. I turned down Blackmon for Michael, I offered a 2016 3rd for Blackmon but it wasn't accepted.

Edit - even if you don't have much room, drop your kicker and pick up Blackmon until the preseason kicks into gear. The report of him being denied reinstatement lacked credibility. The fact that there's no real news this late in the preseason points to him not even trying to make a comeback, but the possibility still exists.
If your league has pretty deep benches, or a taxi-squad where you could hold these guys without affecting your active roster maybe you hold. I respect the talent both of these players have shown in the past, and agree that Gordon seems to have better odds to one day play again in the NFL. But I would contend that a better stash than either player is one who has a chance to see the field in 2015, thereby possibly increasing their value.

That just isn't something you can say about either Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon. I understand your reasoning, but what happens if Marshawn Lynch misses time with injury this year? Maybe Michael shows well and ends up finally paying dividends. Maybe 2016 is the year Seattle lets Lynch walk. Maybe Michael is shown the door but is signed by another team who gives him a shot to play. These are scenarios that could actually play out because Michael is actually on an NFL roster.

The only thing we know for certain with Gordon is that he will spend the 2015 season doing something other than playing football, and the memories of "He was AWESOME in 2013" will be that much further in the rear-view. Assuming he gets back in 2016, Gordon will have played 5 games in two seasons. I hope he gets his act together, but with a 20 player roster I don't have the luxury to find out if he will or not.

I wouldn't roster either one - but I did have Blackmon until about a month ago. Then I needed to clear a roster spot for a rookie with the desire and opportunity to play.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

krash1990
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krash1990 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm

So if i had Josh Gordon and im basically in a rebuildnin a 32 team league would you trade him and jesse james for Jordan Matthews and reggie bush? I really like gordons potential but i think jordan matthews might be too much to pass up

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:46 pm

I was playing career mode on Madden just now and I was playing against the Panthers and they had Blackmon and he scored 2 TDs against me, I was like "WTF, that's impossible...Justin Blackmon is fat as hell now!" Lol

I think maybe Gordon comes back next year, mayyyyybe.Blackman is done.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:47 pm

krash1990 wrote:So if i had Josh Gordon and im basically in a rebuildnin a 32 team league would you trade him and jesse james for Jordan Matthews and reggie bush? I really like gordons potential but i think jordan matthews might be too much to pass up
I would trade anyone of them for any player who has scored at least 1 TD this year....1
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

krash1990
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krash1990 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:40 am

Jordan matthews has scored a td? So would you trade josh gordon if you could get jordan matthews or should i hold gordon until he comes back then sell?

ajb3313
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajb3313 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:09 am

Tsunami wrote:I want them both. They are the best stashes in the game right now, if you have a free spot. Why anyone wants a second round rookie over a proven star I don't get, even if they are unlikely to return everyone else you can get is unlikely to be good. They are good value.
I mean this more so toward Gordon than Blackmon, who appears to have completely fallen off the planet, but: I agree with you.

I've never understood how Gordon's "risk" is considerably different than, for example, the 16th best incoming rookie (especially this early, when you're nine months from drafting and have no idea who will be available). The general perception seems to be that picks are safe, which is true only to the extent that their trade value remains relatively static. If you make that pick, you have to actually pick a good player that also happens to pan out. Gordon could get in trouble and never play again, but it seems similarly as likely that the guy you take in the second round never cracks your starting lineup. At least with Gordon, if he fouls up you can dump him and free yourself of the roster spot.
(12 Teams, Non-PPR, 15 Keeper Dynasty)
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Eddie Lacy, Jeremy Hill, Charles Sims, Dion Lewis, Ameer Abdullah, Dwayne Washington
WR: Brandin Cooks, Keenan Allen, Donte Moncrief, DeVante Parker, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Quincy Enunwa, Laquon Treadwell, Dorial Green-Beckham
TE: Travis Kelce