CJ Anderson vs AP

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Kaz
Captain
Captain

CJ Anderson vs AP

Postby Kaz » Sun May 31, 2015 8:22 am

I've recently joined a league that is expanding to 12 teams, and the new owners are doing an expansion draft to determine their rosters. I've decided that given the roster requirements (2RB, 2WR, 1 flex) that it would be better to have a strong RB as opposed to wr on my team. The two best options out there are AP and CJ Anderson. I also have 1.02 in the rookie draft. Which would you take, and would you follow it up with Gordon/Gurley at 1.02 or go for Amari if he's there.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Re: CJ Anderson vs AP

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sun May 31, 2015 9:44 am

CJA may be the safer play but AD is unique. He's an animal. Same with Gurley

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 pm

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:CJA may be the safer play but AD is unique. He's an animal. Same with Gurley
Surely your not putting him in the same category as the best RB of this generation straight out of college? AP ran for 2000 yards 9 months after an ACL tear, think Gurley will do the same? I'm confused, are you suggesting he should take Gurley over Gordon, or that Gurley is on the same level as AP? Obviously if Cooper goes 1.01, then he should take Gurley, if that' is what you are saying, I agree but it's tough to make his decision on AP or CJ with the assumption that Gurley will fall the 1.02. Anyway, to the OP.....You are in a spot right now where you are going to lose your 2 top RB's very soon. If you believe CJ is a top 10 RB, I would say CJ, he is in a good spot, and has many more years to play. Gurley or Cooper, whoever falls at 1.02.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun May 31, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

gagrady
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gagrady » Sun May 31, 2015 3:34 pm

For your roster, I'd go with AP. I'd go with Cooper or Gurley whoever is available.
Team 1
2016 Champion, 2014 Champion

12 Team, 1PPR, 1.5TE: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, DF, K
QB: Rodgers
RB: Elliot, C.J. Anderson, Mckinnen, Ware, Blount, Draughn
WR: OBJ, Michael Thomas, Devante Adams, Cobb, DGB, Treadwell, Stills, Woods
TE: Brate, Zach Miller, Vernon Davis
Picks: 1.07, 1.12, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12, 5.12, 6.12, 7.12

Team 2
2016 Runner up, 2014 Champion

12Team, 1PPR: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2Flex, DF, K
QB: Stafford, Manning
RB: Elliot, Bell, Rawls, Ware, Blount, Riddick
WR: Cobb, Cooks, M Bryant, Davante Adams, Coates, Hogan, Meredith
TE: Jimmy Graham, Pitta
Picks: 1.011, 2.11, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11, 6.11

Team 3
2015, 2014 Runner-up

12Team, 1PPR, 1.5TE: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, DF, K
QB: Stafford, Fitzpatrick
RB: T. J. Yeldon, Abdullah, Ellington, Crowell, Mckinnen, Forsett, Buck Allen
WR: Julio, Cobb, OBJ, Landry, Kenny Bell
TE: Kelce, Watson
Picks: 1.11, 2.11, 2.12, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11, 6.11, 7.11

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Sun May 31, 2015 7:28 pm

To clarify, this has nothing to do with the roster listed. This is a separate league where I will be drafting my whole team off others rosters.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Hopefully have some clarity with AP situation before you conduct your draft. If he reports, AP hands down as an angry AP is a productive AP. If he hasn't reported, depends on if you want to risk AP holds out this year or go safer route with CJ Anderson. I would roll dice on AP.

Agree with prior post that would draft Gurley or Cooper. Whichever is available when you pick at 1.02. If both, then I go Gurley.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:CJA may be the safer play but AD is unique. He's an animal. Same with Gurley
Surely your not putting him in the same category as the best RB of this generation straight out of college? AP ran for 2000 yards 9 months after an ACL tear, think Gurley will do the same? I'm confused, are you suggesting he should take Gurley over Gordon, or that Gurley is on the same level as AP? Obviously if Cooper goes 1.01, then he should take Gurley, if that' is what you are saying, I agree but it's tough to make his decision on AP or CJ with the assumption that Gurley will fall the 1.02. Anyway, to the OP.....You are in a spot right now where you are going to lose your 2 top RB's very soon. If you believe CJ is a top 10 RB, I would say CJ, he is in a good spot, and has many more years to play. Gurley or Cooper, whoever falls at 1.02.

I'm not saying he's the best running back to come out of college since Peterson. The GM's and scouts were. You know, the real NFL experts not you or me

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:48 am

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

I'm not saying he's the best running back to come out of college since Peterson. The GM's and scouts were. You know, the real NFL experts not you or me
Key word being "since". I was trying to discern whether or not your Gurley statement had to do with him being on the same level as AP, or if Gurley was the choice for 1.02. That's all. Nobody is saying Gurley is on the same level as AP, just that he's the best prospect since AP.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Statutony
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Statutony » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:45 am

I'd have a really hard time taking AP in a startup (or this case expansion draft). I'm guessing as its an expansion draft you will most likely have a hard time competing year 1 (I'm assuming based on limited information). Due to this, I would have a hard time taking a player that regardless of what they did this year would be worth less next year (as is the case with AP). Unless you think you could sell AP this year I personally would not draft him.