Evans vs. AJG, OTC

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
JetsFan91
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 5:51 am

Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby JetsFan91 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 am

I am in a startup draft, 12 tm PPR, and can start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, and 4 FLEX (RB/WR/TE). I have pick 1.06 and players currently off the board are:

Dez
Beckham, Jr.
A. Brown
Julio
L. Bell

Obviously, Gronk is still available, but I am more drawn towards AJG or Evans at this spot. I also am willing to trade back and pick up more picks, but, so far, the only offer I have received is:

Give: 1.06, 6.07
Get: 2.09, 3.04, 2016 1st

I am not sure that is a terribly reasonable trade, either. Would love your thoughts on whether I should take the trade or pick Evans or AJG at 1.06. Thanks
12tm PPR, Start 1QB,1RB,1WR,1TE,4FLEX,

Team 1 (Start '15):
QB: Stafford, E. Manning,
RB: L. Bell, C. Hyde, Foster, R. Jennings, L. Blount, Ajayi, Riddick, DWilly
WR: AJ Green, E. Sanders, E. Decker, VJax, Mi. Floyd, M. Wallace, Wheaton, D. Smelter, C. Shorts, D. Street, Willie Snead
TE: J. Graham, K. Rudolph, G. Escobar, Tamme
2016 Picks: 2nd, 3rd (x2)

Team 2 (Start '15):
QB: Romo, Rivers, Fitzmagic
RB: CJ Anderson, Gio, JStew, D. Cobb, D. Freeman, C. Polk, R. Hillman, DWilly
WR: AJ Green, A. Cooper, G. Tate, Maclin, Funchess, Dorsett, Quick, Ty Montgomery, C. Shorts, B. Coleman
TE: Donnell, L. Green, V. Green, G. Escobar
2016 Picks: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th

JetsFan91
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 5:51 am

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby JetsFan91 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:19 am

also was curious about arguments for either Evans or AJG, which one you would pick and why
12tm PPR, Start 1QB,1RB,1WR,1TE,4FLEX,

Team 1 (Start '15):
QB: Stafford, E. Manning,
RB: L. Bell, C. Hyde, Foster, R. Jennings, L. Blount, Ajayi, Riddick, DWilly
WR: AJ Green, E. Sanders, E. Decker, VJax, Mi. Floyd, M. Wallace, Wheaton, D. Smelter, C. Shorts, D. Street, Willie Snead
TE: J. Graham, K. Rudolph, G. Escobar, Tamme
2016 Picks: 2nd, 3rd (x2)

Team 2 (Start '15):
QB: Romo, Rivers, Fitzmagic
RB: CJ Anderson, Gio, JStew, D. Cobb, D. Freeman, C. Polk, R. Hillman, DWilly
WR: AJ Green, A. Cooper, G. Tate, Maclin, Funchess, Dorsett, Quick, Ty Montgomery, C. Shorts, B. Coleman
TE: Donnell, L. Green, V. Green, G. Escobar
2016 Picks: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th

User avatar
dlf_brianh
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3745
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Centre, PA
Contact:

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby dlf_brianh » Fri May 29, 2015 11:21 am

JetsFan91 wrote:I am in a startup draft, 12 tm PPR, and can start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, and 4 FLEX (RB/WR/TE). I have pick 1.06 and players currently off the board are:

Dez
Beckham, Jr.
A. Brown
Julio
L. Bell

Obviously, Gronk is still available, but I am more drawn towards AJG or Evans at this spot. I also am willing to trade back and pick up more picks, but, so far, the only offer I have received is:

Give: 1.06, 6.07
Get: 2.09, 3.04, 2016 1st

I am not sure that is a terribly reasonable trade, either. Would love your thoughts on whether I should take the trade or pick Evans or AJG at 1.06. Thanks
Personally I'd take one of those two WRs. Probably AJG, but I understand the draw of Evans (22 and looks the "stud" part).
Brian Harr

@BrianHarrFF

User avatar
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby jeffster » Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 am

AJG. Proven stud in his prime. Evans is still a lot of hopeful potential, even though he's looked great so far.

Coolryan
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 380
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby Coolryan » Fri May 29, 2015 11:41 am

Ajg is the smart safe pick, however Evans could pay off huge dividends for a few years longer than ajg. Unless Evans is your guy and you could live with him not working out In the case that he does, ajg is the pick
Brady, Cam,
Peterson, Ingram, Langford, Rawls, Ellington, Forsett, Sankey, hillman, Alfred blue, marshawn lynch
Antonio Brown, OBJ, Alshon, mike Evans, Golden Tate, Arob

PPR, 1 QB 2 RB 4 WR/TE no starting tight end requirements.
2016: 1.10

User avatar
HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby HawkeyeState » Fri May 29, 2015 11:45 am

Evans
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

JetsFan91
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 5:51 am

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby JetsFan91 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:51 am

Also just offered this:

Give: 1.06, 3.06, 4.07
Get: 1.11, 3.05, 3.11

That seems like very little gain to move back 5 spots. That person also has the 2.02, which I think would be necessary for me to move back to 1.11. Still sit back and pick between AJG and Evans?
12tm PPR, Start 1QB,1RB,1WR,1TE,4FLEX,

Team 1 (Start '15):
QB: Stafford, E. Manning,
RB: L. Bell, C. Hyde, Foster, R. Jennings, L. Blount, Ajayi, Riddick, DWilly
WR: AJ Green, E. Sanders, E. Decker, VJax, Mi. Floyd, M. Wallace, Wheaton, D. Smelter, C. Shorts, D. Street, Willie Snead
TE: J. Graham, K. Rudolph, G. Escobar, Tamme
2016 Picks: 2nd, 3rd (x2)

Team 2 (Start '15):
QB: Romo, Rivers, Fitzmagic
RB: CJ Anderson, Gio, JStew, D. Cobb, D. Freeman, C. Polk, R. Hillman, DWilly
WR: AJ Green, A. Cooper, G. Tate, Maclin, Funchess, Dorsett, Quick, Ty Montgomery, C. Shorts, B. Coleman
TE: Donnell, L. Green, V. Green, G. Escobar
2016 Picks: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th

User avatar
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5265
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:54 am

There's no way I would take that trade. Not enough, imo. Stay put and take AJG.
Last edited by Cowboysfan33 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 10-3-2018, 2019 Champs
QBs: Goff, Mayfield, D.Jones
RBs: CMC, K.Drake, D.Singletary, Rojo, D.Harris
WRs: M.Thomas, D.HOP, DJ Moore, R.Woods, M.Jones, P.Williams
TEs: G.Kittle, Hockenson

Team 2:12-1-2019 Champs
QBs: T.Brady, G.Minshew
RBs: CMC, Zeke, A.Mattison, T.Pollard, M.Breida
WRs: M.Thomas, DJ Moore, D.Parker, D.Samuel, Dio Johnson
TEs: G.Kittle, J.Doyle

Team 3: 8-5-2019 Champs
QBs: D.Brees, Jimmy G
RBs: S.Barkley, A.Jones, J.Mixon,
C.Hyde
WRs: J.Jones, C.Godwin, K.Golladay, D.Slayton, P.Williams, A.Tate
TEs: T.Kelce, M.Andrews

Many more teams, not enough space!

Lwick13
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby Lwick13 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Take AJ proven stud. Really no reason for everyone to be as low on him as they are. Yes, Mike Evans is younger but AJ is still going to be playing for another 7-8 years easily.

User avatar
HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby HawkeyeState » Fri May 29, 2015 12:21 pm

Lwick13 wrote:Take AJ proven stud. Really no reason for everyone to be as low on him as they are. Yes, Mike Evans is younger but AJ is still going to be playing for another 7-8 years easily.
AJ Green turns 27 on July 31st this year. So your saying he's still going to be playing when he's 34-35 years old? Unlikely
Even if he is, he won't be a stud for 7-8 years
He's coming into his prime WR years right now (27-29 years old usually).
Evans is 21 and will be 22 on August 21st. So Evans put up 245 points as a 21 year old and that doesn't excite you to have at least 230 points and more like 245+ on your team for the next 7-8 years? (where he would be 29-30 years old)
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

User avatar
Intoodeep
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby Intoodeep » Fri May 29, 2015 12:30 pm

HawkeyeState wrote:
Lwick13 wrote:Take AJ proven stud. Really no reason for everyone to be as low on him as they are. Yes, Mike Evans is younger but AJ is still going to be playing for another 7-8 years easily.
AJ Green turns 27 on July 31st this year. So your saying he's still going to be playing when he's 34-35 years old? Unlikely
Even if he is, he won't be a stud for 7-8 years
He's coming into his prime WR years right now (27-29 years old usually).
Evans is 21 and will be 22 on August 21st. So Evans put up 245 points as a 21 year old and that doesn't excite you to have at least 230 points and more like 245+ on your team for the next 7-8 years? (where he would be 29-30 years old)
Worth less than whatever WR is drafted the year before who put up promising stats.

I like Evans and I guess difference of opinions make for better leagues, but damn the youth movement is nutts! A stud WR who by all accounts has been a top 5 dynasty asset for the past 2 years, can't even finish his rookie deal before getting passed up by a rook.
12 Team / 22 Man Roster / 1/2 PPR

Mel Farr's Superstars
QB - P. Mahomes, N. Foles,
RB - S.Barkley, M. Mack, Dame Williams, R. Penny, T, Cohen, T. Yeldon
WR - D. Hopkins, A. Robinson, JuJu, S. Watkins, D. Pettis, J. Arcega-Whiteside, Diontae Johnson, Z. Pascal
TE - M. Andrews, J. Cook, E. Engram
K - T. Lutz
D - Chicago

2021 Picks: 1.2, 1.4, 1.7, 2.6

invisibulman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby invisibulman » Fri May 29, 2015 12:33 pm

I would take the trade. Being able to grab an additional pick in the first three rounds is huge boost. The best value is typically had in rounds 2-4.

If you opt not to trade the pick, this isn't even close. It's AJG. The only rule for your 1st round pick is DO NOT MISS. If you get the 9th best player rather than the 6th best player, you will be fine. If you gamble on a player with a ton of upside and he busts... your team is screwed for years to come.
Team 1
10 Team, PPR, 2QB, 3RB, 4WR, 2TE, 3DL, 4LB, 4DB,

QB: Luck, Carr
RB: Chubb, K. Johnson, Mack
WR: Cooper, Ridley, T. Hill
TE: Ertz
DL:
LB:
DB:

User avatar
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10732
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby maxhyde » Fri May 29, 2015 12:45 pm

AJG
Without hesitation for me. My thoughts in a startup, especially a top 10 startup pick, you should take the best player over the next 2-4 years (you choose your window)...not a guy who may be around for 10. NFL careers are exceedingly short on average so don't try making a 10 year plan today.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

User avatar
HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby HawkeyeState » Fri May 29, 2015 12:57 pm

maxhyde wrote:AJG
Without hesitation for me. My thoughts in a startup, especially a top 10 startup pick, you should take the best player over the next 2-4 years (you choose your window)...not a guy who may be around for 10. NFL careers are exceedingly short on average so don't try making a 10 year plan today.
Who says Evans can't outscore AJG as soon as this year?
We all agree Andy Dalton is terrible
The Bengals have spent a 2nd round pick in 2013 and 2014 on dynamic playmakers at RB
They have also spent premium selections on offensive lineman to stock the cupboard as their older OL move on to new teams or retire
TB just added what is hopefully the franchise QB who was far better then who Evans had throwing to him

At the very least Evans should be within 1-2 PPG of AJG this year and probably surpasses him after that while AJG production begins to slowly dip as more years go by and his ADP/Value dips as well while Evans arrow is firmly pointing up
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

User avatar
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10732
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: Evans vs. AJG, OTC

Postby maxhyde » Fri May 29, 2015 1:14 pm

HawkeyeState wrote:
maxhyde wrote:AJG
Without hesitation for me. My thoughts in a startup, especially a top 10 startup pick, you should take the best player over the next 2-4 years (you choose your window)...not a guy who may be around for 10. NFL careers are exceedingly short on average so don't try making a 10 year plan today.
Who says Evans can't outscore AJG as soon as this year?
We all agree Andy Dalton is terrible
The Bengals have spent a 2nd round pick in 2013 and 2014 on dynamic playmakers at RB
They have also spent premium selections on offensive lineman to stock the cupboard as their older OL move on to new teams or retire
TB just added what is hopefully the franchise QB who was far better then who Evans had throwing to him

At the very least Evans should be within 1-2 PPG of AJG this year and probably surpasses him after that while AJG production begins to slowly dip as more years go by and his ADP/Value dips as well while Evans arrow is firmly pointing up
Discussion for another thread. Pretty sure we all know the arguments for and against.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamzaff, Blumpy, joeday, never_punts and 13 guests