Anderson for 1.01

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
LightsOutWF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Anderson for 1.01

Postby LightsOutWF » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:31 am

I'm in talks to acquire the 1.01 in the 2015 rookie draft. This guy wants CJ Anderson in return among other things. Besides CJ, I am pretty old at RB and would most likely take Gurley. What are you thoughts on anderson's value in terms of rookie draft picks? Disregard the team below, I have yet to update my 2nd league.
12 team PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/DEF $200 Annual Auction/FA Budget

QB Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
RB Chris Ivory, Andre Ellington, Lamar Miller Devonta Freeman
WR Demaryius Thomas, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Roddy White, Marquis Lee
TE Eric Ebron, Larry Donnell
2016 1st 3rd 4th

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Anderson for 1.01

Postby jeffster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 am

Anderson > 1.01 for me. Maybe not by a lot, but only because of the little remaining uncertainty in the Denver backfield. I feel like the odds are very good that he's a nice feature back in Denver this year, and I certainly wouldn't sell him for a rookie I've never seen on the field.

The Hams
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Hams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:53 am

i think gurley> cj and its not that close for me..

who knows what happens to broncos offense after this season when manning presumably is no longer there..i love kubiak and what he does w rb..but im not buying into cj anderson in dynasty like i would be in a re draft..if u can move cj and a little for 1.01..im all over that

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:59 am

The Hams wrote:i think gurley> cj and its not that close for me..

who knows what happens to broncos offense after this season when manning presumably is no longer there..i love kubiak and what he does w rb..but im not buying into cj anderson in dynasty like i would be in a re draft..if u can move cj and a little for 1.01..im all over that
I gotta be honest, it looks to me like an extreme case of rookie fever that you're citing uncertainty as a negative for CJA, when comparing him to a rookie who hasn't even been drafted yet, let alone played a down in the NFL.

For me, no amount of perceived talent based on college performance could possibly match a guy who got his chance and not only made the Pro Bowl in a half a season of game play, but was one of the most effective backs in the NFL from week ten onward.

mikemar
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mikemar » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:59 am

I'd rather have the pick

Hell I bet you could flip the pick when close to drafting for a RB > CJA or even move back a few spots and get a mid-level RB thrown in and then draft a RB as well

jason401
Starter
Starter

Postby jason401 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:05 am

Depends on how your team looks. If I'm contending, I want CJ. If I'm rebuilding I want the pick, but not to take Gurley. I'd either trade it for some young players and picks, or draft Cooper.

Chocolate Droppa
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chocolate Droppa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:08 am

Im not totally convinced CJ is as valuable as he seems. First Ball was the guy. Then Hillman. Now CJ. Reminds me of when they went through Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, and Tatum Bell. Good for a season or two but not long term options. Give me the 1.01.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 am

Based on value alone I take the pick.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Chocolate Droppa
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chocolate Droppa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 am

jeffster wrote:

I gotta be honest, it looks to me like an extreme case of rookie fever that you're citing uncertainty as a negative for CJA, when comparing him to a rookie who hasn't even been drafted yet, let alone played a down in the NFL.

For me, no amount of perceived talent based on college performance could possibly match a guy who got his chance and not only made the Pro Bowl in a half a season of game play, but was one of the most effective backs in the NFL from week ten onward.
Thats not what people said when Luck entered the draft. Owners would have traded all but 4 qbs to acquire Luck.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 am

Chocolate Droppa wrote:
jeffster wrote:

Thats not what people said when Luck entered the draft. Owners would have traded all but 4 qbs to acquire Luck.
Because QBs taken first overall in the draft never bust, right?

You're citing one example where it was a good idea, while ignoring the ones where it wasn't. And on top of that, top RB talent has a particularly abysmal success rate in recent years.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:31 am

Give me the pick side so easily

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 am

I don't see how Gurley can be more talented or effective than Anderson showed last season. Plainly, he was great.

That said, my gut tells me that he's risky. Maybe because he's in Denver and they have a history of replacing RBs unpredictably, plus the all time greatest passing offense from 2013 is still in place.

I would sell high on both Anderson and the 1.1 pick right now.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:52 am

I'm going with the pick side here as well, if for nothing as as a better trade chip than CJA. If Fox were still the coach (and as a Bears fan I'm awfully glad he's not) I would like CJ more. But there's a new coach in town, and the jury is out as to who he will like for his running offense. CJ is NOT an established guy who will definitely get the job in Denver. Too many question marks for me with CJ that makes me want that almighty trade chip, the 1.01.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:58 am

dynastyninja wrote:Give me the pick side so easily
This. Not even close for me. RB is too volatile, take the pick. That backfield is crowded, new coach, most likely Peyton's last year. Give me the longevity of the 1.1, whether Gurley or Cooper.

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:33 am

Agreed, there is a new coach in town, but HE is the reason why I am taking CJ Anderson anyday at this point in the offseason. If we actually knew where Gurley/Gordon/Cooper/White/DGB were landing and better yet what scheme/OLine with which coaches, yes then I think we would have a valid debate.

I can't think of 1 coach I would rather have as my #1 RB's coach then Kubiak, everywhere he's gone=good running game. I am a Ravens fan so I can tell you(as well as Houston fan and Denver fans could also tell you) that Kubiak has a fool proof scheme that's proven to work no matter his RB(granted they use it well) to be elite.
I mean just look at Justin Forsett, he's never had a chance at a feature back role up until week 2 2014 and he ran away with that job as we all know, but my bigger point here is that if you look at his numbers throughout his career, he has almost always had 5.4-6 ypc, and almost always been under Kubiak in that time. Forsett's numbers after last year are quite remarkable after a historically down 2013 for a Ravens running game. Thanks to Gary

Now I don't think I have to go through Foster's career numbers as they speak for themselves, he is a great running back and was an even better fit for Kubes' scheme.
CJ Anderson has also proven to be a great fit for his zone scheme, unlike what a lot of us bought into when Kubiak was coming to Baltimore. Bernard Pierce was certainly not a good fit for the zone scheme.

Yes there is a little doubt or question mark on who will tote the rock for Kubes, but whoever it is will be among top 5 in rushing this year. I believe that person is CJ
10-team PPR --1QB 2RB 2-3WR 1-2TE 1K 2-3DL 2-3LB 2-3DB
QB:R.Wilson, Lamar Jackson
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary
WR:AJ Green, C.Davis, DK Metcalf, E.Sanders, D.Thomas
Taxi squad: H.Butler, C.Sutton, M.Boykin
TE:H.Henry, M.Andrews, ASJ--Taxi squad: H.Hurst
DE:D.Hunter, M.Ingram, J.Allen, M.Davenport
LB:Wagner,Vander Esch, Z.Cunningham, Onwuasor, Kyzir White
DB:(b)J.Johnson(/b), (b)C.Geathers(/b) R.Harrison