Who to target? Choose two

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who to Target? Choose two

Poll ended at Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:40 pm

TE- Whitten/D. Walker
46%
QB- Bradford/RG3/Alex Smith
25%
WR- Josh Huff/Marlon Brown/H. Douglas/ Bolden
18%
K-One of the top 5 kickers
11%

Total votes: 28

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Who to target? Choose two

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:40 pm

Coming up to my swung pic where I'll have 17.12 and 18.1. There is only 19 rounds so I only have 3 more picks. Look at my roster in my signature and tell me which two positions I should address.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Who to target? Choose two

Postby VinceB128 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Never address kicker until your last pick. So that rules that out.

I think there is some value at TE there, so I went with that and QB since you have a couple older guys and could use someone for depth.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:15 pm

I agree that kicker usually goes last, but you will pick dead last and have to fill with whatever. There is a couple of PPG difference between the top end and 12th kickers, so it wouldn't set you back to address it at the turn. I would grab a TE as well to back up Gronk, and with your last pick, a flier on RG3 if he's still there or some upside WR like Huff, since you most likely go RB with the 1.01.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Delaney and Gostkowski

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Not sure what you're trying to get from that poll, exactly, but of the guys you have listed I would target Bradford, a TE and a kicker with those three picks of yours.

I think Bradford has pretty good upside if he can actually stay healthy; guy's a former 1st overall draft pick who just can't catch a break. Obviously a long shot, but you've already got a solid older starter and a reasonable bye-week filler at QB, so adding a younger upside guy in the late rounds is worth the risk.

You need someone to back up Gronk - personally I would have addressed this earlier, due to the injury risk. I mean, I think he's a solid 1st-round startup choice, but I think if you go that route you simply have to get someone solid in nature to back him up. My choice would probably be Witten, even though he does seem almost out of gas. If you get Witten, it might pay to grab Escobar if he's available as a flier.

And then get some guy with a leg.

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie

Postby VinceB128 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Edgy68 wrote:I agree that kicker usually goes last, but you will pick dead last and have to fill with whatever. There is a couple of PPG difference between the top end and 12th kickers, so it wouldn't set you back to address it at the turn. I would grab a TE as well to back up Gronk, and with your last pick, a flier on RG3 if he's still there or some upside WR like Huff, since you most likely go RB with the 1.01.
Yes, there is a few PPG between the top and 12th kicker. Good luck predicting who that will be. I'd rather use my higher picks on guys I actually have an idea what they will do from year to year.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:41 pm

VinceB128 wrote:
Edgy68 wrote:I agree that kicker usually goes last, but you will pick dead last and have to fill with whatever. There is a couple of PPG difference between the top end and 12th kickers, so it wouldn't set you back to address it at the turn. I would grab a TE as well to back up Gronk, and with your last pick, a flier on RG3 if he's still there or some upside WR like Huff, since you most likely go RB with the 1.01.
Yes, there is a few PPG between the top and 12th kicker. Good luck predicting who that will be. I'd rather use my higher picks on guys I actually have an idea what they will do from year to year.
This. In leagues where it's not required, I don't even carry a kicker during the offseason. I'll pick one up before week 1.

For those saying Gostkowski, I believe he's a FA. He may not even be back with NE next year.

I think there's some value with the QBs/TEs here. I'd go with RG3 or Bradford, then one of the TEs to back up Gronk. I have Huff stashed on several of my dynasty squads, but they're all 25-28player rosters. Can't see myself stashing him in a 19player league that uses kickers. Just too shallow of a roster.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U