Cordarrelle Patterson

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TitanTravis
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Cordarrelle Patterson

Postby TitanTravis » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:18 pm

First off, I'm probably as tired of waiting for him to produce as anyone. What the heck am I supposed to do with this guy? Trade him? Keep him and hope he pans out? What is worth in rookie/vet draft picks anyway?

Team in Sig.
Travis May
DLF Staff Writer
@FF_TravisM

Devy | Rookies | Superflex | IDP |
Titans & Falcons Team Correspondent

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson

Postby BadgerYou » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:24 pm

My last saving grace is the notion and I guess history of 3rd year WRs. I hope he figures it out this year. I bought him in a trade involving Stafford last year and was thoroughly disappointed.

I think he's a hold unless you didn't invest much in him in the first place
Last edited by BadgerYou on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:36 pm

You probably won't get much for him straight up. You have to package him if you want to get rid of him. I think your better of holding
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:10 pm

I'm holding. This is the year, make or break. Seems Zimmer still sees the talent, and is hoping he can do it, but it is all up to Patterson. Watching the film from last year the kid has so much natural talent. It would be a shame if he can't bring himself to carve out a role.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:25 pm

Hold him. He is essentially worthless and if you sell him for a 2nd and he actually figures it out you will regret it
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 pm

I have him in 2 leagues and you almost have to hold on him at this point. The first big game go for the kill. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Bone heads are bone heads. Every now and then this can be proved wrong. Hopefully CP can get something going.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:16 pm

You should probably hold. Everyone knew Patterson was raw but wanted to prematurely crown him last summer anyway. His talent hasn't disappeared

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:18 pm

He is a premier athlete no doubt. I agree with above. All us CP owners have to ride him out I feel.

TitanTravis
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TitanTravis » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Thank you all for the feedback. I think I have an idea of what to do now.
Travis May
DLF Staff Writer
@FF_TravisM

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:30 pm

late to party but agree with all above. Not going to get anything in return for him, so value can only go up as far as what you will receive in return from other owners.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

marmar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby marmar » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:42 pm

I'd sell for a late 1st or top of the 2nd anything past that I will hold.
Luck, Eli
L Bell, J Hill, Gio, L Murray, L Blount, T Riddick
A Johnson, J Edleman, J Matthews, M Floyd az, C Patterson, J Hunter, C Johnson, S Bailey, A Holmes, A Wilson
Gronk, Allen
M Bryant
Stl, NEP

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:51 pm

It's a shame you guys didn't listen to me last year when I told you C-Patt was overrated and that what you do before you receive the football is much more important than what you do after you receive it.

C-Patt, due to his age and the amount of time he's gotten by not having to learn or refine routes, will likely never be anything close to what you all thought he would be when he was being valued as a dynasty WR1 this time last year.

I have no sympathy for you. I'd sell for a 2nd or a 3rd. This time next year, after you "hold" him, you'll have already cut him off your team. Have fun with that.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:03 pm

DLFiend wrote:It's a shame you guys didn't listen to me last year when I told you C-Patt was overrated and that what you do before you receive the football is much more important than what you do after you receive it.

C-Patt, due to his age and the amount of time he's gotten by not having to learn or refine routes, will likely never be anything close to what you all thought he would be when he was being valued as a dynasty WR1 this time last year.

I have no sympathy for you. I'd sell for a 2nd or a 3rd. This time next year, after you "hold" him, you'll have already cut him off your team. Have fun with that.
thanks jaws
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

TitanTravis
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TitanTravis » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:02 pm

DLFiend wrote:It's a shame you guys didn't listen to me last year when I told you C-Patt was overrated and that what you do before you receive the football is much more important than what you do after you receive it.

I don't disagree with your assessment of C-Patt. But your assumption that I ever thought he was a WR1 is off. I never thought he'd be more than a WR2 if he figured it out, but gave him a shot just based on his measurables. I'm just simply looking to figure out what to do with a guy on my roster who just got benched for a former 7th round pick and practice squad guy, Charles Johnson.

Despite your "expertise" on his route running, any rookie GM-wanna-be idiot could say the exact thing you implicitly claimed to be all-knowing wisdom. Literally nothing in your post was constructive. Please never comment on anything again so you don't waste anyone else's time with your quite inadequate "help." ;)
Travis May
DLF Staff Writer
@FF_TravisM

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:22 pm

TitanTravis wrote:

I don't disagree with your assessment of C-Patt. But your assumption that I ever thought he was a WR1 is off. I never thought he'd be more than a WR2 if he figured it out, but gave him a shot just based on his measurables. I'm just simply looking to figure out what to do with a guy on my roster who just got benched for a former 7th round pick and practice squad guy, Charles Johnson.

Despite your "expertise" on his route running, any rookie GM-wanna-be idiot could say the exact thing you implicitly claimed to be all-knowing wisdom. Literally nothing in your post was constructive. Please never comment on anything again so you don't waste anyone else's time with your quite inadequate "help." ;)

So is his assumption that he alone was giving the rest of the DLF community his infinite wisdom on Patterson. There were plenty of us that were calling Patterson overrated and a "sell" before DLFiend had even posted a single comment on these bulletin boards. That's just his typical stance to beat on his chest and tell people how smart he is when a prediction is right, yet fails to ever mention or admit when his calls or WAY off. Don't take it personally. :)

As for Patterson, I think he's a hold. He was my #1 sell last offseason (plenty of evidence on these boards to back it up), and was insanely overvalued. At this point, he's worth very little. What I have found is that when a player is hyped to the moon and fails to live up to that hype, he becomes valued even less than he would have been had he never received the hype in the first place. Probably due to people holding grudges against players that they got burnt on in the past.

The quick success that WRs have had over the past few seasons have clouded people from understanding that WRs usually take time to develop. Especially WRs like Patterson, who we all knew was very raw coming into the league. What are you getting for him right now, a mid 2nd maybe? Patterson's athletic ability and draft pedigree trumps anything you're going to get in that range. The Vikings have put Patterson with a "mentor" this offseason in hopes or helping him progress with his actual WR skills. I'm not a big Patterson fan, but I just don't see the upside in selling him for what his current market value is.

If I owned him, I'd rather hold him and see what he can do in his 3rd year. I think it's a safe bet that at the very least he will make 1-2 jaw dropping plays in 2015 that will give you an opportunity to sell for at least what you'd get for him right now, and it wouldn't be unheard of for a WR to make great strides in his 3rd season.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U