Trading Picks[Poll]

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side?

64%
1.07, 1.10, 2.04
36%

Total votes: 25

dynastynut
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Trading Picks[Poll]

Postby dynastynut » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:22 am

Is trading the 1.07, 1.10, and the 2.04 too much for the 1.02? If I got the 1.02 I would also have the 1.03, 1.05, and 1.12.
Team 1
10 Team Non-PPR dynasty
QB:Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Romo
RB: CJ Anderson, Lamar Miller, Frank Gore, Jonathan Stewart, Latavius Murray, Ameer Abdullah, David Johnson, Jay Ajayi
WR: Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Nelson Agholor, John Brown
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Eifert
Team 2
12-team 6pt Passing TDs, non-ppr
QB: Matt Stafford, Eli Manning, Sam Bradford
RB: Melvin Gordon, Tre Mason, Lamar Miller, Robert Turbin, and Shane Vereen
WR: Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Jeremy Maclin, Kevin White, DeVante Parker, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Jaelen Strong, and Brian Quick
TE: Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Re: Trading Picks[Poll]

Postby TurtleBK » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:31 am

If you have the roster space and it's not last year's draft (and it's not), I prefer having a few shots and taking guys I like later in the first to paying the 3x player value of a 'guaranteed' stud RUNNING BACK who could just as easily be the next Trent Richardson. Last year was different because WRs were at the top, and I think top talent and NFL draft pedigree is a lot more predictive of WRs. If you look at recent draft history, RBs in rounds 3 and 4 from smaller schools actually out-produced RBs taken in rounds 1-2 from bigger schools.

If you don't have the roster space, then obviously, go for the top talent available. Otherwise you get stuck with dead value.

I happen to like 5-6 players in the first round of this draft about evenly after Gurley, so 1.06/7 is really the value spot for me -- FWIW that's because I'm in a lot of 2 QB and SFlex leagues were Mariota and Winston will go top 4. Also I'm not big on drafting RB's within the top 6 picks, and since that's what everyone seems to be doing in this draft I'll post up in the second half of the first round for 1/3 the price and get a top 4 WR, which is what I prefer to get anyway.

Last year, I had 1.02, 1.03, 1.05, 2.03, 2.09, 3.06, and 3.09. I took:
1.02 Evans
1.03 Bridgewater (2 QB)
1.05 Matthews
1.06 Cooks (DAMN SO CLOSE to taking OBJ, but saw he only had 2 TDs in 20 SEC games and went with the Biletnikoff winner)
2.03 J Hill
2.09 A Robinson
3.06 Crowell
3.09 P Rich

Avoided Sankey like the plague, and thought Hyde looks decent but needs big holes because he's a lot like Trent in that he's fat with good lateral quickness and hands and needs big holes to run for big yardage -- J Hill looked like the real deal to me.

So the volume RB's late I think, depending on your scouting, are probably a better buy than the top guys early, unless it's Gurley, who I think looks freaking awesome pre-ACL.

Hope that helps
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:03 am

it doesn't seem like you have roster space for 6 more rookies so why not try to get an extra premium piece. W/ 2 3 & 5 you end end with 3 of gurley gordon cooper white and parker or even take a flyer on dgb since he would be a luxury as your 2nd rookie wr and the talent is undeniable just the brain is in ?.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:06 am

DGB is asking for a sh*t show, but otherwise after looking at your roster I agree with Clarion -- you've got 3 and 5, get 2 and have a few studs. Unless you want to bank a few picks when they're on the clock and trade them for future 1sts, I think this is the best way to improve your roster for sure.
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

dynastynut
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dynastynut » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 am

TurtleBK wrote:DGB is asking for a sh*t show, but otherwise after looking at your roster I agree with Clarion -- you've got 3 and 5, get 2 and have a few studs. Unless you want to bank a few picks when they're on the clock and trade them for future 1sts, I think this is the best way to improve your roster for sure.
Yeah it's probably a slight over pay, I just don't have the roster spots for 6 rookies. So I thought consolidating them would be good. I'm also trading Denard Robinson and the 1.12 for the 1.08. So I'll have the 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, and 1.8. Should land a few studs!
Team 1
10 Team Non-PPR dynasty
QB:Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Romo
RB: CJ Anderson, Lamar Miller, Frank Gore, Jonathan Stewart, Latavius Murray, Ameer Abdullah, David Johnson, Jay Ajayi
WR: Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Nelson Agholor, John Brown
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Eifert
Team 2
12-team 6pt Passing TDs, non-ppr
QB: Matt Stafford, Eli Manning, Sam Bradford
RB: Melvin Gordon, Tre Mason, Lamar Miller, Robert Turbin, and Shane Vereen
WR: Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Jeremy Maclin, Kevin White, DeVante Parker, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Jaelen Strong, and Brian Quick
TE: Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:07 am

Given that you already have so many first round picks, I'd definitely trade up for the 1.02.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:09 am

Acquire the 2nd...Take Cooper. Then at 3 and 5 take DGB, Parker/White, and at 8 and 12 take RB's. Cash money. Championship. Enjoy.