Gronk/ LeVeon trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Gronk/ LeVeon trade

Postby ThrawnFett » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Just threw out an offer at a league mate that has an incredible starting lineup and no depth. Just curious about an outside opinion on it.

I get:
LeVeon Bell
Rob Gronkowski

He gets:
Jeremy Hill
Giovanni Bernard
Brandin Cooks
Travis Kelce
Larry Donnell

Raftery's Onions
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Gronk/ LeVeon trade

Postby Raftery's Onions » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:29 pm

I would decline that pretty quickly. Bell/Gronk side by a ton
12 Team PPR - Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/R/T, K, DEF

Year 7
QB - Roethlisberger, RGIII
RB - Gio, M. Jones, Sims, Forsett
WR - AJG, Evans, K. Allen, TY, Crabtree, Aiken
TE - Kelce, Fleener, Graham

Year 3
QB - Roethlisberger, Bortles
RB - D. Johnson, Martin, Gio, Henry
WR - Julio, Evans, Cooks, Moncrief, Lockett, Gordon
TE - Reed, L. Green, McDonald

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:30 pm

To me, its

Hill/Gio for Bell
Cooks/Kelce/Donnell for Gronk

Honestly it seems like a good deal... you are consolidating talent into single pieces. For him, he's getting a lot of nice prospects that have flashed some serious potential. Wouldn't surprise me if he declined, though.

sharkattack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby sharkattack » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm

I would also decline, but not by a ton imo. But I also am pretty high on Kelce.

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:33 pm

What else from my team would it take to make the deal? Just curious.

Raftery's Onions
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raftery's Onions » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:39 pm

I want studs. Bell and LeVeon are the top players at their respective dynasty positions (and it's not that close to me). I'm not trading them both for parts that have the potential to equal what I'd already have.

Just my philosophy
12 Team PPR - Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/R/T, K, DEF

Year 7
QB - Roethlisberger, RGIII
RB - Gio, M. Jones, Sims, Forsett
WR - AJG, Evans, K. Allen, TY, Crabtree, Aiken
TE - Kelce, Fleener, Graham

Year 3
QB - Roethlisberger, Bortles
RB - D. Johnson, Martin, Gio, Henry
WR - Julio, Evans, Cooks, Moncrief, Lockett, Gordon
TE - Reed, L. Green, McDonald

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:59 pm

It obviously depends on the owner, but if I were him, I want something like for Hill/Gio, Alshon, Kelce, and the 1.07. Bell and Gronk are the undisputed number ones at their respective positions right now. Be prepared to overpay a bit for them.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 pm

PackAttack12 wrote:I want studs. Bell and LeVeon are the top players at their respective dynasty positions (and it's not that close to me). I'm not trading them both for parts that have the potential to equal what I'd already have.

Just my philosophy
I completely understand that philosophy and I generally use that when trading. But if you have a few studs and nothing else, how long do you stick by that?

This guy's starting line up is as follows.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: LeVeon Bell
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Flex: James Jones
Flex: Marquise Lee
Top Bench: Rueben Randle, DeAngelo Williams
Draft Picks: 1.13, 2.13, 2.16

In all honesty, would you not sell a stud or two for a few pieces that could be major upgrades to those two flex spots?

I'm not saying that my trade is balanced, but I'd like to think it's a good starting point for trade talks.

And I do think that the philosophy of stud for stud is flawed without looking at the whole team picture.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:36 pm

ThrawnFett wrote:
PackAttack12 wrote:I want studs. Bell and LeVeon are the top players at their respective dynasty positions (and it's not that close to me). I'm not trading them both for parts that have the potential to equal what I'd already have.

Just my philosophy
I completely understand that philosophy and I generally use that when trading. But if you have a few studs and nothing else, how long do you stick by that?

This guy's starting line up is as follows.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: LeVeon Bell
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Flex: James Jones
Flex: Marquise Lee
Top Bench: Rueben Randle, DeAngelo Williams
Draft Picks: 1.13, 2.13, 2.16

In all honesty, would you not sell a stud or two for a few pieces that could be major upgrades to those two flex spots?

I'm not saying that my trade is balanced, but I'd like to think it's a good starting point for trade talks.

And I do think that the philosophy of stud for stud is flawed without looking at the whole team picture.
What does the rest of his bench look like? Hard to imagine Jones being his best flex options...if he's really that desperate for depth maybe picks would help get a deal done.
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:43 pm

It's a 16 team league, so there are a lot of teams without a great bench.

His bench: Reuben Randle, DeAngelo Williams, Jace Amaro, LeGarret Blount, Charles Sims, Rod Streeter, Alex Smith

As I said, his team is studs and scrubs. You could make an argument that Blount is more valuable than James Jones in the flex, but most of his production came post season.

I'm still waiting to hear back from him, but I have no problem adding to my side. I'm just trying to figure out how much I might need to add.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:48 pm

As the other owner I would politely decline because nothing is better than true no.1 guys that are the best at their position; not that it is a bad offer. However, because of the amount of talent you are offering, it is one of those trade offers he might look back on and think "I should've taken that" if there were some unfortunate scenarios that pop up. (anything substantial comes out of LeVeon and his weed dui or Gronk's injury history)

Dirty Dir
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dirty Dir » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:50 pm

ya would be a easy decline for me but it isn't a disrespectful start. its worth a counter.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:10 pm

ThrawnFett wrote:It's a 16 team league, so there are a lot of teams without a great bench.

His bench: Reuben Randle, DeAngelo Williams, Jace Amaro, LeGarret Blount, Charles Sims, Rod Streeter, Alex Smith

As I said, his team is studs and scrubs. You could make an argument that Blount is more valuable than James Jones in the flex, but most of his production came post season.

I'm still waiting to hear back from him, but I have no problem adding to my side. I'm just trying to figure out how much I might need to add.
Because his team is so top-heavy, I think it's going to be hard to find a deal for both studs. I would start by trying to trade for Bell alone, maybe Hill/Gio/1.10? If I were letting go of Bell and Gronk, I would need Alshon and Kelce to definitely be involved in the trade.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:35 pm

ThrawnFett wrote:It's a 16 team league, so there are a lot of teams without a great bench.

In a 16 team league I am not so sure that won't be accepted but based on Cooks being a really good compensatory piece to take the positional deficits he gets.
I guess it would depend on scoring and lineup requirements but I would agree his scrubs are not tragically bad in a 16 team league.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 pm

The problem with packaging Hill/Gio is you arent actually giving him much depth. They handcuff each other, but you really dont want to play them together.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011