Graham for Brown

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 am

Graham for Brown

Postby kuphal_99 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:31 am

I have Gronk and Graham but can start one as a WR. The Antonio Brown owner really wants Jimmy, but I initiated the trade talks by offering a straight up swap. He says he needs more. Do you wait it out? If not what do you add?
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Wentz, Brees
RB-Zeke, Chubb, Conner, Snell, Shady, Darrel Williams
WR-Hopkins, Hill, Diggs, Mike Williams, Hurd, Conley, Lazard, Marcus Johnson
TE-Kittle, Goedert, Jarwin, Gronk
K-Butker

Hambone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby Hambone » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:43 am

PPR or non PPR, this is fairly even. I wouldn't be adding anything to Graham

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:56 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby captain_insano » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:36 am

It's not always fair to put a lot of stock into pts but as a point of reference in my 2 ppr league Brown scored 536 pts. Gronk 354 pts. and Graham 320 pts. granted Graham missed a game and was playing hurt but I can see why he might want a little something added.

VincentVega
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby VincentVega » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:18 am

I say wait it out. You have the TE market cornered. Others should be paying a premium for those Graham or Gronk, imo.

I just traded Brown/2nd for Gronk/1st, but i feel like i got the much better end of that deal.

Cant you play one in a flex spot?
12 Team PPR - Start QB, RB, WR, TE, 3 Flex, K, DEF, DL, LB, DB, Def Flex, 16 Bench, 3 IR

QB - Taylor, Bortles, Cutler
RB - Yeldon, Sims, Crowell, C. Mike, D. Martin, M. Jones, David Johnson, McKinnon, Artis-Payne, Zenner
WR - J. Jones, Dez, Hopkins, S. Watkins, A. Cooper, Moncrief, D. Adams, A. Robinson, Perriman, Strong
TE - Gronk, Rudolph, Reed, Ebron
DL - Chandler Jones, Wilkerson
LB - J. Collins, C. Mosley, Malcolm Smith
DB - J. Cyprien, Berry
K - Catanzaro
DEF - Redskins

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby VinceB128 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:29 am

Graham for Brown is fair. /Maybe/ add a late round pick, but nothing more than that.

User avatar
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3302
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby jeffster » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 am

captain_insano wrote:It's not always fair to put a lot of stock into pts but as a point of reference in my 2 ppr league Brown scored 536 pts. Gronk 354 pts. and Graham 320 pts. granted Graham missed a game and was playing hurt but I can see why he might want a little something added.
Actually, you would need to compare the players to the next best options at their position. So in a start-1 TE league, the other owner should be looking at his current best TE's points vs Jimmy's points, then comparing AB's points to his next best WR's points. Of course that can't be everything, but that's a place to start maybe, if you want to look points.

User avatar
Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2811
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby Bad News Barrett » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:44 am

jeffster wrote:
captain_insano wrote:It's not always fair to put a lot of stock into pts but as a point of reference in my 2 ppr league Brown scored 536 pts. Gronk 354 pts. and Graham 320 pts. granted Graham missed a game and was playing hurt but I can see why he might want a little something added.
Actually, you would need to compare the players to the next best options at their position. So in a start-1 TE league, the other owner should be looking at his current best TE's points vs Jimmy's points, then comparing AB's points to his next best WR's points. Of course that can't be everything, but that's a place to start maybe, if you want to look points.
I 100% agree with this. That's what "positional advantage" really means

If I were to move Gronk for any of the big receivers, I'd want something added, unless I was getting Dez (But I already have him)
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

Online
User avatar
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 13111
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:01 pm

kuphal_99 wrote:I have Gronk and Graham but can start one as a WR. The Antonio Brown owner really wants Jimmy, but I initiated the trade talks by offering a straight up swap. He says he needs more. Do you wait it out? If not what do you add?
If the Brown owner "really wants" Graham, then he should throw something in on his side. As others have mentioned, owning Gronk and Graham gives you the leverage, not the other way around. Graham is a great flex and injury insurance for Gronk.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Christian McCaffrey, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Tyler Lockett, Darius Slayton
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce, Dawson Knox, Ian Thomas | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Darwin Thompson, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 3.08 | 2021 Picks: 1st

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby kuphal_99 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:34 am

I am putting Graham on the market. Which other WR would you accept in a straight up deal?
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Wentz, Brees
RB-Zeke, Chubb, Conner, Snell, Shady, Darrel Williams
WR-Hopkins, Hill, Diggs, Mike Williams, Hurd, Conley, Lazard, Marcus Johnson
TE-Kittle, Goedert, Jarwin, Gronk
K-Butker

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2386
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:11 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby nation31 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:56 am

Julio, Brown, Dez, AJG, Calvin, DT.

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby kuphal_99 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:12 am

Maybe my league is different than others but I would get laughed at if I tried to offer Graham staright up for any of those guys.
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Wentz, Brees
RB-Zeke, Chubb, Conner, Snell, Shady, Darrel Williams
WR-Hopkins, Hill, Diggs, Mike Williams, Hurd, Conley, Lazard, Marcus Johnson
TE-Kittle, Goedert, Jarwin, Gronk
K-Butker

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2386
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:11 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby nation31 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:45 am

I would much rather have any of the WR that I mentioned over Graham as well; but you asked what WR would you take for him, that was my answer.

You need one of the big WR with that roster; I would try to offer Watkins and 1.03 and see if thats close. And keep Graham if you can start both him and Gronk. If you cant start them both, then going back to the OP, add something to Graham to get Brown.

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby kuphal_99 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 pm

In my league it won't get it done. I tried Watkins and Allen for Brown and was shot down. Brown is by far the most attainable of all those guys one the list.
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Wentz, Brees
RB-Zeke, Chubb, Conner, Snell, Shady, Darrel Williams
WR-Hopkins, Hill, Diggs, Mike Williams, Hurd, Conley, Lazard, Marcus Johnson
TE-Kittle, Goedert, Jarwin, Gronk
K-Butker

User avatar
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3302
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Graham for Brown

Postby jeffster » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:14 pm

kuphal_99 wrote:In my league it won't get it done. I tried Watkins and Allen for Brown and was shot down. Brown is by far the most attainable of all those guys one the list.
Didn't you hear? Calvin is so old he will be rolling his routes in a wheel chair next season, and his value is somewhere around a mid 3rd. You should read this forum more, and you would know that already!

Also, in all seriousness, it's not surprising to see Brown going number one overall in the occasional startup mock right now.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BucBuc, Djr2723, elvisn, Google [Bot], Hankybro21, HughHoney, jwb32, krtbuckeye, LMS123, OSFFL, pandabears, WhatWouldDitkaDo and 16 guests